Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Rental Car Discussion
Reload this Page >

Alamo car rental HNL ; flight arrives at 11:03 pm

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 10, 2018, 6:11 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroplan SE AND 1MM, HHonors Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Platinum , L'Accor Platinum

Later this week, we arrive on an Air Canada flight from Vancouver at HNL around 11:03 pm.
We have booked an Alamo car reservation, through costco web site (meaning no credit card pre-payment). for that evening.
This means that both my wife and I can drive the car; ie no extra driver's fees.

I understand that the Alamo office closes at midnight.

My wife and I have checked baggage.

I understand that there is a shuttle to the Alamo car rental site (or is there a common car rental shuttle to all car rental offices?).

How do we ensure that we can pick up the car, ie how do we ensure that we arrive at the car rental counter before it closes at midnight?
Old Nov 10, 2018, 8:28 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

My guess is that midnight is not a hard closing time. Most rental counters stay open past closing if there are late arriving reservations.

If it were me, upon arrival, I would immediately take the shuttle and have my companion wait for the luggage.
Old Nov 11, 2018, 12:05 pm
Company Representative - AutoSlash and HotelSlash

See here. A number of companies are located on-airport in HNL, but Alamo is not one of them. You might want to get an updated quote to see if any of the on-airport companies are less expensive as that will reduce risk and increase convenience. You can also make a backup reservation with an on-airport company just in case you're running late.

Another recommendation is that if you're cutting it close, call Alamo at (808) 833-4585 as soon as you're wheels-down and let them know you're on your way.

Keep in mind that many companies allow spouses to drive for free including Avis, Budget and Enterprise as well as Hertz and National with free loyalty program membership. More info on that here.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.