Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Rental Car Discussion
Reload this Page >

Enterprise Car Sharing w/ Citi Prestige insurance

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 8, 2018, 12:28 pm
Original Poster

If I rent a car with my Citi Prestige card, I get free [secondary] car insurance from my credit card. I just joined enterprise car sharing, and I noticed that when you book a car, you get the option to by a CDW for a little extra. Was wondering if my Citi Prestige car insurance would also apply to car sharing?
Old Aug 10, 2018, 7:46 pm

Originally Posted by ncsuactor84FT
If I rent a car with my Citi Prestige card, I get free [secondary] car insurance from my credit card. I just joined enterprise car sharing, and I noticed that when you book a car, you get the option to by a CDW for a little extra. Was wondering if my Citi Prestige car insurance would also apply to car sharing?
> WHAT’S NOT COVEREDCoverage does not apply to any claim under the following conditions:The rental car is used in a way that goes against your rentalcar agreement (such as driving recklessly or under the influenceof drugs or alcohol) or against clear instructions or warningsposted in the car.The rental car was used as a car for hire.You or an authorized driver does not take responsible careof the rental car.This coverage is not all-inclusive, which means it does not cover suchthings as personal injury, personal liability, or third-party personalproperty. It does not cover for any damages to other cars or property.It does not cover for any injury to any party.
TOS does not address car share per se; only "rental vehicles".

Considering the many changes Citi cards have implemented past few weeks, your best bet is to reach out to CS or proper department to find out if they consider share vehicles same as rented.

TOS does state however their insurance is "secondary" to any other driver may have. This likely means if they do cover Enterprise or any other car share, same rules apply as car rentals. Whatever insurance driver has, taken, accepted or whatever takes first hit; then Citi will step in for any remaining balance.

Let us know how things go with Enterprise. Used Hertz 24/7 back in the day but after they folded never bothered with car share schemes again.

From online reviews and other sources here in NYC Enterprises share rates aren't that much cheaper than going with National, Enterprise or whoever for a normal vehicle rental. Those cheap (< $20/hr.) rates seem near impossible to find.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.