Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Rental Car Discussion
Reload this Page >

Hertz Amex Grace Period benefit in France?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 7, 2018, 3:51 am
Original Poster

Does Amex Plat's 4-hour grace period with Hertz apply when renting a car in France? Or is it a US only benefit?
Old Aug 7, 2018, 4:11 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM, Hertz PC, Marriott Platinum/Lifetime Gold
Late return grace period?
Old Aug 7, 2018, 4:29 am
Company Representative - AutoSlash and HotelSlash

Originally Posted by superbgarfield
Does Amex Plat's 4-hour grace period with Hertz apply when renting a car in France? Or is it a US only benefit?
Technically, it's a U.S. only benefit, but some folks have found that it sometimes works elsewhere. The good news is that it's easy to figure out. Go to Hertz.com and do a test reservation for a 28-hour rental with the Amex Plat CDP and see if the price on the final confirmation screen shows it's for 1 day or 2 days.

I just tried a test reservation at CDG, and it didn't work there. Try a U.S. location like LAX and you'll see that the 28-hour reservation will always show as 1-day only, so you'll know ahead of time whether it will work for better or worse.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.