Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Expedia Rental Coverage

Search this Thread

Old Sep 11, 2017, 1:51 pm
Original Poster

Expedia Rental Coverage

Hi all, I have a question I didn't find an answer to. Expedia has lower rates on its site for EDI. My question is; Expedia offers rental insurance for $50k coverage with "0 deductible". It is written up by a company in the US. Will enterprise in the UK accept this? What would enterprise charge when I get there?

I also have a MasterCard that can provide the coverage, would that be better? What type of hold if any will they put on it?

Thank you all!
Old Sep 12, 2017, 12:41 pm
Company Representative - AutoSlash and HotelSlash

If your credit card offers coverage when renting in EDI, then it doesn't make sense purchasing 3rd party coverage through Expedia (which is often inferior to good quality credit card CDW policies).

You need to read the terms and conditions carefully about what, if any, documentation is needed in order to decline coverage at the rental counter. Expedia has nothing to do with this. It's all dictated by the company you are renting from. The terms and conditions for that company/location should be displayed at some point during the Expedia booking process. If you can't find it, try doing a test booking directly at the relevant car rental company website, or call the car rental company directly to inquire.

As for deposit, it really depends on the company/location. Often if you decline the coverage offered by the rental company they will take out a significant deposit. This could be as much as $2,500 USD, but again, it depends on the company/location, so you'll have to do a bit of research.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.