Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Rental Car Discussion
Reload this Page >

Autoslash now just a priceline subsidiary?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Autoslash now just a priceline subsidiary?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 4, 2017, 6:20 pm
Company Representative - AutoSlash and HotelSlash

Originally Posted by mrlasssen
Even after canceling my reservation I receive solisataions from Priceline saying they have found a better rate, even today. The offer is for Hertz, Avis, and Alamo, with a return date when the return office is closed.
Are you getting emails from AutoSlash or Priceline? You might want to email our support team to have them take a look at what might be going on. We can be reached at [email protected].
Old Dec 24, 2017, 7:23 am

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
I referred some friends to you as well. And just yesterday someone told me "these guys are owned by Priceline now, I'm done with them". I think you may want to place some info on your "About Us" page explaining that you are not owned/affiliate with Priceline but use their engine to return the best deals.
Old Dec 24, 2017, 7:50 am

Originally Posted by TravelinSperry
I referred some friends to you as well. And just yesterday someone told me "these guys are owned by Priceline now, I'm done with them". I think you may want to place some info on your "About Us" page explaining that you are not owned/affiliate with Priceline but use their engine to return the best deals.
Thanks for the feedback. We'll try to clarify things a little better.
Old Jan 9, 2018, 3:40 am

Autoslash....I'm crushed that you've had to cave! You were the greatest thing since sliced bread! My question is, do you have to COMPLETE the booking process through Priceline, as in to pay, to get the lower price updates, or just hit choose this car, (which I did, and got an email back with a res. #) to get the price adjustments...or do you have to put that reservation number into autoslash.track to get the price adjustments? I'm so sorry to see this change, and I'm really not sure why you HAD to make it.
Old Jan 9, 2018, 9:57 am

Originally Posted by TTSKA2424
Autoslash....I'm crushed that you've had to cave! You were the greatest thing since sliced bread! My question is, do you have to COMPLETE the booking process through Priceline, as in to pay, to get the lower price updates, or just hit choose this car, (which I did, and got an email back with a res. #) to get the price adjustments...or do you have to put that reservation number into autoslash.track to get the price adjustments? I'm so sorry to see this change, and I'm really not sure why you HAD to make it.
You don't need to prepay through Priceline (in fact, we suggest not prepaying through Priceline, because then you're stuck and can't rebook if the price drops). Simply making a standard, non-prepaid reservation is what we recommend (and we provide a link to Priceline with all the coupons embedded in it to make it easy for you to do that).

Just be aware that Priceline does sometimes intersperse prepaid rates in the search results alongside the standard, non-prepaid rates, so you just have to be careful not to choose one of the prepaid rates. If the rate is not prepaid, Priceline will not ask you for a credit card to complete the reservation, and the rate you see on Priceline should match the price we quoted you before you clicked the link over to Priceline.

As far as further updates for lower prices, yes, you do currently need to put your new reservation number into http://www.autoslash.com/track so we can continue accurately tracking your new, lower rates. (That's because we don't get any data from Priceline about your new reservation, so we don't know what to track until you tell us.) We'll be working on making that process a little smoother as time goes on, though.

As for why...you'll have to ask the rental companies why they decided to withhold their product from us being able to sell it. The answer is pretty obvious, though: they don't like how we're able to help people find better rates without all the extra work. Since we can't sell the product directly anymore, the best way to keep helping people find the lowest rate is to offer a referral to other sites that the reservations can be made through. Currently, we're referring people to Priceline as Priceline has the best support for coupon and discount codes (other sites are a little weaker in that department), but we're working on adding other vendors for additional choices in cases where they work out.
Old Jan 10, 2018, 3:33 am

OK, so I entered the res # into your track site, but it asked me to forward the confirmation email after filling out the form. I can't forward an email to a website. How do I do that?
Thank you
Old Jan 10, 2018, 3:59 am

Originally Posted by TTSKA2424
OK, so I entered the res # into your track site, but it asked me to forward the confirmation email after filling out the form. I can't forward an email to a website. How do I do that?
Thank you
Forward your rental confirmation email to [email protected].

Old Jan 10, 2018, 4:12 am

Ah! Missed that before the page went away. Thanks.
Old Jan 11, 2018, 8:34 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
AutoSlash - Do you get "paid" if the booking is done thru priceline? Will taking the discount code/coupon code AutoSlash provided and completing the booking on another site affect your revenue?
Old Jan 11, 2018, 9:55 pm

Originally Posted by seawolf
AutoSlash - Do you get "paid" if the booking is done thru priceline? Will takingYes, we the discount code/coupon code AutoSlash provided and completing the booking on another site affect your revenue?
Yes, we do make a small commission when you book through Priceline. This is how we stay in business and pays the salaries of our team members. Taking the discount/coupon code and booking elsewhere means we/they get nothing, so we appreciate it when you book through our links, as it doesn't cost you any more than booking elsewhere. Thanks!
seawolf likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.