Community
Wiki Posts
Search

MIA - Alamo or Dollar ?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 14, 2017, 4:42 am
Original Poster

MIA - Alamo or Dollar ?

I have done two independent bookings with Alamo and Dollar for Sep'17 at MIA airport.
In both of them I got very comparable prices for the same class (Mustang convertible or similar).

I have read many threads all over the world about "or similar" and just got my brain washed...

I can cancel one of these reservation for free, max. on 48 hours before rental starts.
What would you recommend ? Wait until few days before the rental and ask at particular ? Will it work ? I think even within few days before pick-up they will not guarantee specific model.

I know I'm like thousands but I do not want to get a Sebring
I'm asking which company has better service, choice and cars condition at MIA ?
Would appreciate answers from people who "been there, done that". ^
Old Mar 14, 2017, 8:46 am
Moderator: Avis and Rental Cars

Fortunately, no Sebring convertibles around anymore. Your options (assuming cars are available) would be a Mustang or Camaro, u less they stock premium convertibles (BMW/MB/etc).

So if prices are comparable, it comes down to service. And I haven't used those in MIA so no comment from me there.
Old Mar 14, 2017, 12:40 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by IAHtraveler
Fortunately, no Sebring convertibles around anymore. .
R U sure about that ? None of rentals informs about such a fact. I even received an enigmatic message from Alamo, informing me that they cannot assure specific model (which is clear) but they didn't answer my question about their fleet @ MIA.
Old Mar 14, 2017, 1:18 pm
Company Representative - Alamo

Alamo Cares

Originally Posted by chrissb12
R U sure about that ? None of rentals informs about such a fact. I even received an enigmatic message from Alamo, informing me that they cannot assure specific model (which is clear) but they didn't answer my question about their fleet @ MIA.
Hi, chrissb12! Convertibles you will commonly find at our Miami office include Camaro, Mustang, and Mini Cooper. Please let us know if you have any additional questions. We look forward to seeing you soon! - Carol Social Monitoring Alamo Rent A Car
Old Mar 15, 2017, 3:48 pm

lol...

Alamocares
Company Representative - Alamo

Joined in 2010 and has 7 posts. "Alamo cares" rofl
Old Mar 16, 2017, 1:49 am
Original Poster

That seemed strange to me as well, to be honest but I'm a newbie on Flyertalk ...
Old Mar 19, 2017, 11:18 am

Alamo or Dollar? Alamo every time and place.
Old Mar 21, 2017, 8:43 pm

Programs: AS MVP, PriorityPass, Global Entry
The main advantage for Alamo - assuming they aren't out of cars in the class you rented in, you choose what you get from what's available (even if they're out, they work with you based on the options available, I've gotten some nice upgrades that way when renting mid-size). Dollar will assign you one.
Old Mar 28, 2017, 12:19 pm

Also Alamo mustangs tend to Be the Premium Ecoboosts while Dollar are the Basic V6's.
Old Mar 30, 2017, 5:44 am

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC, National Exec
Chrysler hasn't made a Sebring convertible for nearly seven years. The odds there are still any in any major operator's rental fleet are essentially zero.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.