Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Extending Alamo Rental

Search this Thread

Old Sep 14, 2016, 4:23 pm
Original Poster

Extending Alamo Rental

I have a week long one way rental from EWR to IAD that I booked months ago at a great weekly rate. I booked for 6 days, but want to adjust it to 7 which technically would be the full week of the one week rental.

When I go to modify the rental dates on line it more than doubles my current rate.

What will happen if I just return it on the 7th day? Will they not care since I used the full week? Will I get a 1 day late charge? Or will it adjust to the full current price for a weekly rental?

Thanks!
Old Sep 22, 2016, 8:38 pm
Original Poster

anyone?
Old Sep 23, 2016, 1:58 pm

rofl

Originally Posted by hoopsbwc34
Will they not care...
playing with fire; you should be proactive and make other arrangements.
Old Sep 23, 2016, 9:33 pm

Programs: American Platinum, Delta
Is it a weekly rate or a daily rate? From what I understand if it's weekly then you should be able to call in, after pickup, and ask to return on the 7th day. The only additional charge should be taxes and surcharges.
Old Sep 24, 2016, 2:01 pm

Rates probably went up since you booked the rental which is where the double pricing is coming from. Why not just return it to IAD as planned and then book another car for the extra day you need it for.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.