Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Rental Car Discussion
Reload this Page >

Alamo @ SJC filed a claim for flat tires on me after I return with no flat

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 17, 2015, 11:33 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Diamond, National Executive, Alaska MVP

Rented a Mini Van from Alamo over the holidays, returned the car with no damage.

Got a letter from Alamo today and when I called, they said it was reported to have 3 flat tire. I'm on hold with them at the moment but this is BS!!!

Just got off the phone with them, he said their guy at the counter said that me and him had a conversation about the 3 flat tires and I said I don't know.

I never had a conversation with him. I told them I refuse to pay for something I didn't do and his response is that it's going into small claims court.

Last edited by dannieboiz; Sep 17, 2015 at 11:42 am
Old Sep 17, 2015, 1:34 pm

Programs: American and Southwest. Hilton and Marriott hotels primarily.
Don't leave any rental car anywhere without using your phone to take a video walking around the car.
Old Sep 17, 2015, 1:58 pm
Original Poster

yah, I know that now.

But what's dumb is did they really think I can make it there with 3 flat?
Old Sep 17, 2015, 10:01 pm

Programs: Global Entry, United Silver, Marriott Platinum Premier, Hilton Gold
Three flat tires? That makes NO sense. Stupid stuff like this is enough to make anyone crazy. I've routinely been taking pictures of my rentals on pickup, and occasionally on return, but now will absolutely always take pictures on return, even if it means pulling over into the cell phone waiting lot and snapping photos before returning the car. The garages are often too dark for good quality photos. I'll also be sure to take a photo of the tire pressure readout on the dashboard display if the car has that feature. Yikes!
Old Sep 18, 2015, 12:59 pm

Originally Posted by dannieboiz
Rented a Mini Van from Alamo over the holidays, returned the car with no damage.

Got a letter from Alamo today and when I called, they said it was reported to have 3 flat tire. I'm on hold with them at the moment but this is BS!!!

Just got off the phone with them, he said their guy at the counter said that me and him had a conversation about the 3 flat tires and I said I don't know.

I never had a conversation with him. I told them I refuse to pay for something I didn't do and his response is that it's going into small claims court.
Someone returned a rental on 3 flats? I find that hard to believe.

It's been awhile since I've rented with Alamo, so I don't know if they do this as well... but National sends you a e-receipt which includes the license of the vehicle rented. This can be a big help if determining if it's even your rental that was damaged because it sounds like they notated the wrong contract # to the damaged vehicle. They can go over a list of everyone who returned a van that day and determine who rented the vehicle.

Originally Posted by flyerfmaz
I've routinely been taking pictures of my rentals on pickup, and occasionally on return, but now will absolutely always take pictures on return, even if it means pulling over into the cell phone waiting lot and snapping photos before returning the car. The garages are often too dark for good quality photos.
Not sure which phone you use, but mines takes excellent pictures/video at night. The flash is brilliant when on. I do all my picture taking in the garage especially at return where the attendant can see me. Zero shenanigans.
Old Sep 18, 2015, 1:57 pm

Programs: Global Entry, United Silver, Marriott Platinum Premier, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Yellowjj
Not sure which phone you use, but mines takes excellent pictures/video at night. The flash is brilliant when on. I do all my picture taking in the garage especially at return where the attendant can see me. Zero shenanigans.
I have an iPhone 5s. I'll give it another go.
Old Sep 18, 2015, 3:24 pm
Original Poster

the ONLY reason I rented from Alamo that day was because it was last minute holiday weekend. They were the only one with a minivan available. My 3 days rental was as much as a 10 day rental with national on a regular day.

Bite the bullet for it and now I'm trying to dodge the damn bullet.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.