Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Rental Car Discussion
Reload this Page >

Claim National Points for Existing Enterprise Rental

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 15, 2015, 11:38 am
Original Poster

Programs: Alaska, Delta, Southwest

Hi all,

I did a quick search and didn't find anything, so sorry if this has been addressed already... I was in an accident last Friday, and when I dropped off the car yesterday, I got a rental from Enterprise (booked by my insurance company). I've got a National Emerald Club membership, so I'm wondering if I can add this rental to my National account and get points for it retroactively. I logged into my account but didn't see anywhere to request credit.
Old Sep 15, 2015, 1:41 pm

Programs: Global Entry, United Silver, Marriott Platinum Premier, Hilton Gold
The only way to make that kind of change is to call customer service. Try Emerald Club first, if they want you to call Enterprise they'll let you know. Good luck.
Old Sep 15, 2015, 8:10 pm

Originally Posted by strickerj
Hi all,

I did a quick search and didn't find anything, so sorry if this has been addressed already... I was in an accident last Friday, and when I dropped off the car yesterday, I got a rental from Enterprise (booked by my insurance company). I've got a National Emerald Club membership, so I'm wondering if I can add this rental to my National account and get points for it retroactively. I logged into my account but didn't see anywhere to request credit.

It doesn't happen on the National side but Enterprise. You have to log into the latter using "Drive Alliance" or whatever using your EC membership number. Once you do that the reservation is made under "Drive Alliance" and you will receive Emerald Club membership.

On the Enterprise home page scroll down to "Loyalty Programs" and click. That should get you here: https://www.enterprise.com/car_renta...orateSplash.do

At the loyalty program page click on "Emerald Club".

Since the reservation has already begun you may not be able to retroactively go back to receive credit. I'd contact National's EC customer service first as they seem to be easier to deal with. Explain your situation and see what they advise...
Old Sep 15, 2015, 8:34 pm

Enterprise could also say they don't give loyalty credit for insurance-booked rentals.
Old Sep 17, 2015, 5:06 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Alaska, Delta, Southwest
Thanks for the tips! I was able to log into Enterprise using my National credentials (thanks @BugsyPal for the link; I knew I'd seen that page before but couldn't find it again). But the confirmation number wasn't recognized - I assume it's either because it's an insurance rental or because it's already been picked up. I'm preparing for a new job, so I'm afraid I don't have much time to devote to this, or I'd give customer service a call.

Thanks again!
Old Sep 26, 2015, 1:04 am

A little bit late on reply, but here's my story on this... Typically my company will book most of my rentals through Enterprise because we have a very good negotiated corporate rate. My corporate travel department also doesn't add loyalty numbers to reservations themselves, so my reservation is never made with my National Emerald club number already attached.

It never seems to be a problem though, as my Emerald Club number is always pulled up with my drivers license number at Enterprise airport locations that use the Odyssey reservation system. It has been hit and miss at Enterprise neighborhood locations that use ECARS, and often times I have to provide them my Emerald Club number to attach to my reservation. Interestingly enough, it usually amuses the clerks at the neighborhood locations, because the contract typically prints out with the phrase "Signature on File" in the signature blocks, which doesn't even happen for customers using Enterprise Plus. Usually they make me sign next to it anyway.
Old Feb 28, 2016, 10:22 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, American Air, National Car
So, I've never used 'drive alliance' - if I'm reading this right, I can rent at 'Enterprise' and earn 'National' credits? I need 25 rentals for 2016, have 5 done, but at SAN, they've gone to sky high pricing, while enterprise a few yards over is competitive
Old Feb 28, 2016, 4:21 pm

Originally Posted by 4aks
So, I've never used 'drive alliance' - if I'm reading this right, I can rent at 'Enterprise' and earn 'National' credits? I need 25 rentals for 2016, have 5 done, but at SAN, they've gone to sky high pricing, while enterprise a few yards over is competitive
Yes, just log into Enterprise or Alamo via their "loyalty" page and use your National EC number.

Was on the new EC site the other day and can see all my Enterprise rentals and credit given towards status/free day.
Old Feb 28, 2016, 7:12 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, American Air, National Car
Thanks -- I'm interested in using Costco travel - they sort out the best discounts/coupons, and booking with enterprise, which participates there ... Then getting my National EE acct linked to the reservation
Old Feb 28, 2016, 11:56 pm

Originally Posted by BugsyPal
Yes, just log into Enterprise or Alamo via their "loyalty" page and use your National EC number.

Was on the new EC site the other day and can see all my Enterprise rentals and credit given towards status/free day.
Alamo doesn't participate in Drive Alliance credits yet with Enterprise or National, as they don't really have a similar program of their own, since they're primarily targeting leisure renters. The Drive Alliance website has said, "Watch for exciting news about Alamo’s participation in upcoming loyalty initiatives within the Drive Alliance network" for about two years now, however nothing's happened yet.

I wouldn't be surprised if National's credit based rewards system transitions to a dollar based rewards system similar to Enterprise sometime later this year or next year, at which point we might see Alamo start participating. I for one however, hope EHI won't mess with National's current rewards earning structure. Simplicity is key for me and their program works well and is enjoyed by many.
Old Feb 19, 2020, 4:13 pm

Programs: AA EXPLT, Marriott Titanium (LT PLT), HHonors Gold, AMEX PLT, UA Silver, National EXC
Anyone successfully get enterprise insurance-booked rentals to credit National days?

someone hit my car... I’ve had success w this w/ Hertz in the past but trying to limit my business with them because of their unfriendly cancelation policy now.
Old Feb 19, 2020, 6:49 pm

I asked about this one time, and was told no. I've gotten the insurance company to reimburse me, and I paid Enterprise like a retail customer. The good news was that I got a BJ's rate that was slightly cheaper than the insurance company's contract, and eligible for a free upgrade coupon. I got lucky. If this had been in the NY area's high season, the insurance company's rates would likely have remained stable, but regular customers would have seen everything jump through the roof.
Old Feb 25, 2020, 2:42 pm

Programs: AA EXPLT, Marriott Titanium (LT PLT), HHonors Gold, AMEX PLT, UA Silver, National EXC
Originally Posted by Auto Enthusiast
I asked about this one time, and was told no. I've gotten the insurance company to reimburse me, and I paid Enterprise like a retail customer. The good news was that I got a BJ's rate that was slightly cheaper than the insurance company's contract, and eligible for a free upgrade coupon. I got lucky. If this had been in the NY area's high season, the insurance company's rates would likely have remained stable, but regular customers would have seen everything jump through the roof.
After reading this, I checked what the insurance company rate would be - then booked Costco instead. So I'll get credited for 21 days. The rate is also locked in, so can extend it further if I need to another week. Full credit to National, too.
Auto Enthusiast likes this.
Old Feb 25, 2020, 8:32 pm

Originally Posted by fotoflyer88
After reading this, I checked what the insurance company rate would be - then booked Costco instead. So I'll get credited for 21 days. The rate is also locked in, so can extend it further if I need to another week. Full credit to National, too.
You realize that 21 consecutive days with the same renting location means 1 National credit for the first 7 days, another on the 8th day, and then in multiples of 4 days? You can do better! See if you can keep the same rate but broken up into 21 single days, bouncing between different nearby locations. Presto! 21 credits = how many free days and elite status now? Yes, it's inconvenient, and yes, some locations have vastly different rates, even when they're nearby. But it pays to check, no?
Old Feb 27, 2020, 5:25 pm

Originally Posted by Auto Enthusiast
You realize that 21 consecutive days with the same renting location means 1 National credit for the first 7 days, another on the 8th day, and then in multiples of 4 days? You can do better! See if you can keep the same rate but broken up into 21 single days, bouncing between different nearby locations. Presto! 21 credits = how many free days and elite status now? Yes, it's inconvenient, and yes, some locations have vastly different rates, even when they're nearby. But it pays to check, no?
totally. Too mucho hassle

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.