Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Special Interest Travel > Religious Travelers
Reload this Page >

Kosher meals on Eurostar trains - Adafina or Hermolis or AN Other?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 17, 2009, 2:48 pm
FF
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL / AAdvantage Million Miler + Plat / TK Gold (not any more) / Hilton Diamond (via GGL)

Anyone know what we should expect ex-London? I think that the ex-Paris "meals" are pretty bad, so we're planning to eat before we get on the train.
Old Feb 19, 2009, 1:29 pm

I used to get Hermo ex-London but was surprised to see Adafina a few months ago. (Sandwich with fruit salad, adequate for mid-morning trip of less than 3hrs). It's quite pos sible they may have multiple suppliers or using Adafina for trial.

For some reasons, Eurostar had forgotten about my kosher meals previously on several occasions. I must confess I never tried kosher on Eurostar ex-Paris as I'm usually loaded with kosher goodies procured locally...

BTW, Eurostar needs 48hrs (if I recall correctly), not 24hrs for kosher meals.
Old Feb 19, 2009, 5:01 pm
FF
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL / AAdvantage Million Miler + Plat / TK Gold (not any more) / Hilton Diamond (via GGL)
We got Hermolis

A frozen meal, but very nice was, too. We did, however, need to persuade them to heat the main course for an extra 15 mins, after which it was sufficiently hot in the middle. We had:

Cornflakes
Melba toast
Schmerling cheese spread
Croissant / margarine (why not butter?) / jam
Orange Juice
Pepper frittata / saute potatoes / mushrooms / grilled tomato
Old Mar 17, 2009, 5:11 pm

Got Hermo London-Paris for the morning ride this week.
Actually almost identical to Hermo breakfast airline meal:
OJ, slightly sweet-ish mezonot roll, schmerling cheese spread,
jam, and a hot entree of omlette/potato/mushroom/grilled tom.
As usual, skipped the return meal.

BTW, i've noticed Adafina started carrying LBD hechsher.
I love their chicken couscous salad, tuna nicoise is pretty good too!
Old Nov 3, 2009, 2:48 am

i must say i went Eurostar to PARIS about a year ago and the food was absoloutley disgusting. it was breakfast and there was more water with my egg than egg. It was Hermolis and was shocked! I spoke to Mr K about it from Hermolis and he supposedly would look into it.

I was very suprised at the return meal of meat. Thank goodness we ate in Paris and were not very hungry. it was not much kop either.

very disappointing and dont think i would go First class eurostar again for the meal.
Old Jun 13, 2023, 9:05 am

Anyone know what the current situation is ex-London?
Old Mar 1, 2024, 3:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by danib62
Anyone know what the current situation is ex-London?
Can I please bump that? Any recent example of KSML in standard premier ex London?? Thank you!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.