Wiki Posts
Search

Kosher Mehadrin food in Eilat.

Search this Thread

Old May 13, 2008, 7:25 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP 2.5MM National EE
Kosher Mehadrin food in Eilat.

Can anyone give me info re mehadrin food in Eilat? Do any hotel down there have a mehadrin breakfast?
As a side point, how much is a egged ticket there and are there sherut options?
I have two days to do some scuba diving and have never been to Eilat.
Old May 13, 2008, 8:27 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum, AA 2.0 MM, DL Plat, Hertz Plat, LY Gold
There is Big Apple Pizza and Halleluya (Sefardic Style Morrocan food) which have widely accepted Mehadrin Hashgachas. I do not believe that there are Sherut's to Eilat but Egged is fairly reliable and cheap. I highly doubt that any of the hotels have Mehadrin Hashgachos.
Enjoy!!
Old May 14, 2008, 8:47 am

Programs: UA GS+LT UC, AA EXP+LT PLT, Fairmont LT PLT, Marriott PLT, Hilton DIA, Hyatt Glob, Avis CHM
When I called Chabad of eilat last summer they told me that Pizza Lek and the shnitzel/felafels at felefel tubal were mehadrin.

Pizza Lek has good pizza, but when I was there last summer the place was swarming with flies...pretty gross.

Felafel tubal's had really good felafels.
Old May 14, 2008, 12:22 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP 2.5MM National EE
Thanks.
Old Dec 14, 2011, 10:07 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA 2MM, Bonvoy LT Plt, Mets fan
Any updates? Does NOT have to be mehadrin...simply kosher is good enough by me.

thx.
Old Dec 14, 2011, 1:30 pm

Programs: BA, LY,TK
Across from dan hotel. shipudei Hatikva
Old Dec 15, 2011, 8:45 am

Originally Posted by CO FF
Any updates? Does NOT have to be mehadrin...simply kosher is good enough by me.

thx.
If rabbanut kosher (as opposed to mehadrin) is ok, there's Wang's Grill (Pacific Rim) and Ranch House (steakhouse) both on promnade of Royal Beach hotel. If you're staying at Isrotel chain hotels on a meal plan, you can ask for voucher to be used at these restaurants.
Old Jan 6, 2012, 10:45 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA 2MM, Bonvoy LT Plt, Mets fan
Updates:

Denis was our best meal in Eilat. They start you off with a huge spread of salatim - none out of the ordinary, just a nice way to take the edge off the appetite. I had beef carpaccio; it was a bit heavy on the sauce/dressing, but tasty. Kids enjoyed their entrecote; my wife liked her fish, and I thought the filet w/goose liver topping was extremely tasty. Dessert selection was somewhat limited, but nobody was all that hungry by then.

Il Pentolino (dairy) is not in the tourist areas. For dinner, it's a pizza/pasta type place - and it's just ok at best. They seemed somewhat indifferent to all the tourists, focusing far more on the people who they seemed to know by name.

Burgers Bar having hashgacha was a big surprise to the kids...and much enjoyed. There's a 10% coupon in some of the advertsing maps that they give out at the hotels.
Old Feb 19, 2012, 2:06 pm

In January I had dinner in Chicago in the Hilton lobby. Great food and service.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.