Community
Wiki Posts
Search

glatt kosher london

Search this Thread

Old Feb 7, 2007, 11:37 am

Programs: EL AL Matmid, BA Executive Club GfL, GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by salut0
Not sure if it's glatt, but since the hashgacha is Sephardi Kashrut Authority and Sephardim eat glatt I'd imagine that it is.
That may be the usual situation, but definitely not the case with the Sephardi Kashrut Authority in London.
Old Feb 15, 2007, 6:12 pm

Programs: BA
Originally Posted by Landing Gear
Does Bloom's still exist?
Blooms most certainly does still exist and is one of my favourite Kosher restaurants. Check out their website. You must have the Salt Beef/Pastrami.... ^^

My other Golders Green favourite is Solly's. Much more traditional style Israeli restaurant, with a take out and normal restaurant on the lower floor, and a stunning upstairs restaurant accessed by a side door. You have to go there to experience it, but I recommend it to everybody! They don't have a website, but there are plenty of good reviews and details online if you just google them.
Old Feb 16, 2007, 1:04 am

Programs: EL AL Matmid, BA Executive Club GfL, GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Avis President's Club
Neither Bloom's nor Solly's are glatt, unfortunately.
Old Feb 27, 2007, 10:43 am

The two nice kosher restaurants in town (Six 13 and Bevis Marks) are both under Sefardi Kashrut.

The dairy place near hatton garden (was called chap-a-nash) has now closed down.

Frankly there arent a lot of options in central london for glat.

So the choice for you would be to go to Golders Green / Hendon / Edgeware - which frankly will take up your whole day.

Alternatively, you can go into any big supermarket in central london (look for big Tesco's or Sainsbury's supermarkets). Many sell kosher sandwiches from a company called D&D. There are both milk and meat sandwiches (and I believe the meat are glat - but check the label) under the London Beth Din.
Old Feb 28, 2007, 2:42 am

Originally Posted by 1/4MM@20
Alternatively, you can go into any big supermarket in central london (look for big Tesco's or Sainsbury's supermarkets). Many sell kosher sandwiches from a company called D&D. There are both milk and meat sandwiches (and I believe the meat are glat - but check the label) under the London Beth Din.
I can confirm that the meat sandwiches made by DDs are glatt (Kedassia and London Beth Din). However, I would not recommend them! Their parve and milky sandwiches are excellent though, particularly the more 'exotic' varieties (grilled vegetables is very good).
Old Mar 1, 2007, 7:25 am

Programs: BA Gold, AA PLT PRO, AGR, Strawberry (Nordic Choice), Marriott Bonvoy
Originally Posted by 1/4MM@20
So the choice for you would be to go to Golders Green / Hendon / Edgeware - which frankly will take up your whole day.
Not if you take a taxi there and a taxi back -- probably 1hr travelling time maximum.
Old Mar 11, 2007, 4:04 am

Originally Posted by salut0
Not if you take a taxi there and a taxi back -- probably 1hr travelling time maximum.
It's often faster to take the tube. Northern Line from Totenham Court Road to Golders Green is 1/2 hour. Then a few minutes walk to the various restaurants. Edgware takes an extra 25 minutes.
Old Mar 11, 2007, 9:39 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by rabbitman
It's often faster to take the tube. Northern Line from Totenham Court Road to Golders Green is 1/2 hour. Then a few minutes walk to the various restaurants. Edgware takes an extra 25 minutes.
For me there isnt anything as nice as riding the #13 Bus , at least when they were the old Roadmasters. A tour of the city, last stop is Golders Green Station. Can get it from Aldwych to Edgeware Rd & along Oxford St.

The #82 is alittle faster at times and starts at Victoria Station , dont recall if it actually goes into the GG Station or passes by it, as I always get off it and the 13 before it actually turns right off Finchly Rd to the GG Station, since all the stores/restaurants are to the left any how why have to walk the additional few mins.

Last edited by craz; Jun 8, 2009 at 1:46 am
Old May 14, 2009, 11:50 am

My sister and I went to Israel for Succot and had a full day layover in London. Before we left for our trip I posted on this site and got lots of terrific suggestions for touring and kosher eating, so you may want to check out my thread titled "Kosher eats in Heathrow..." . As it turned out, we were so busy sightseeing that we didn't have time for a proper meal. We took a hop-on-hop-off bus tour of London that included a boat trip on the Thames, toured the Tower of London and just had the best day. We ended up going to Selfridges and bought kosher food there. They not only had good sandwiches but also many other kosher items for noshing that we brought back to the airport with us. Just make sure you get back to the airport in time!
Old Jun 8, 2009, 12:38 am

Does anyone know where I can get a copy of the London beth din kashrus guide??

thanks in advance.
Old Jun 8, 2009, 12:43 am

Do you know where I can get a copy of the London beth din kashrus guide?
Old Jun 8, 2009, 12:59 am

DM,

http://www.kosher.org.uk/purchase.htm

Good luck.
H.
Old Jun 8, 2009, 2:24 am

when in london two years ago there was this glatt indian place. does anyone know if it still exists?
Old Jun 8, 2009, 2:44 am

Originally Posted by cmkest
when in london two years ago there was this glatt indian place. does anyone know if it still exists?
Yes. I actually ate there last night! Mattancherry, 109a Golders Green Road. Excellent food. Kedassia kashrus. There is also Kavanna in Hendon (Vivian Avenue, LBD kashrus). Both places are glatt kosher.
Old Jun 9, 2009, 7:52 am

While if you need a complete list you need to purchase one, you can search a particular product or product category on the LBD website. (Admittedly not really user friendly, and does not have the whole coverage).

http://www.kosher.org.uk/intro.htm

Go under Kosher product search tab.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.