Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Special Interest Travel > Religious Travelers
Reload this Page >

Jewish Travel To Cancun & Mexico City

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Jewish Travel To Cancun & Mexico City

Search this Thread

Old Dec 31, 2012, 6:15 pm
Original Poster

Smile Jewish Travel To Cancun & Mexico City

Just completed a family trip to Cancun & Mexico City.

The traveling with our little one was less than adventures...but once on the beach and hotel it was complete fun and relaxing.. Mexico city had lots of great museum.. We actually had a chance to visit the new mayan museum in Cancun. worth a visit..

We took American non stop to Cancun we stayed at the RIU hotel which was a 5 minute walk from the Chabad Jewish Center so we had a short walk to the daily prayers..It seems that they only have the daily minyen in busy season otherwise it is only for shabbat. We ordered our weekday meals from Cancun's Kosher Catering via www.KosherCancun.info which has the chabad rabbi's hashgacha. And it was great, the best fresh daily meals i ever had in my Caribbean travels. I believe they also have some kind of winter break program. The rabbi was telling us about but my kids are not in school yet so not up for that yet. They have a great website at www.JewishCancun.com

We had the Shabbat dinner at the chabad center and shabbat day after services we joined the shul for kidush.. after we took volaris to mexico city, thank g-d there are many restaurants... but we went to this fantastic store called Emet or Super Emet.. Got all my meat and dairy for the rest of the week besides the one night we went back to this sushi place, dont recall the name.
On shabbat we went to a old Ashkenazi synagogue, not many people but very nice architecture and charming..we had nice weather but the place is very polluted. Great travels cant wait for my next trip. Will certanly be back to the RIU.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.