FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Radisson International | Radisson Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/radisson-international-radisson-rewards-428/)
-   -   Radisson Best Price guarantee (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/radisson-international-radisson-rewards/984408-radisson-best-price-guarantee.html)

dukie570 May 23, 2012 7:33 pm

Originally Posted by NJUPINTHEAIR (Post 18629036)
DUKIE --

Remove your confirmation number to preserve your annonymity.

Thanks for the heads up. Didn't notice it in there.

pclee May 23, 2012 9:58 pm

where did you get the rate?

Originally Posted by dukie570 (Post 18628778)
If anyone is in the Boston area, pretty good rate at the Radisson in Chelmsford. Took 24 hours to get the response below.

Thank you for taking the time to write.

We appreciate your submission of a best online rate guarantee form. We
have researched your claim and found you are correct in finding a lower
rate on another website. We have confirmed the lower rate less 25% for
you. Your rate is now $56.25 per night plus tax. This email will serve
as your confirmation for the best online rate guarantee. Your
confirmation number will remain the same. Please keep this
information for your records.

dukie570 May 24, 2012 10:48 am

The rate was $85 on radisson.com and $75 on Travelocity and hotels.com

TallestHotelInJapan May 24, 2012 11:21 am

Is there a way to contact the BRG staff? They haven't processed my claims at all! Nothing but silence from them!

NJUPINTHEAIR May 24, 2012 1:26 pm

Unlike any other chain that I am aware of, the Radisson BRG does not have any time limit within which they are required to get back to you.

In addition, unlike any other chain that I am aware of, the Radisson BRG actually states that there is a $25 non-refundable fee once they have matched your BRG claim, although some have noted that the new reservation e-mail with their new rate that they have received from Radisson still states that a free cancelation does occur. YMMV.

Finally, some have posted elsewhere, that they have heard/read that a Radisson BRG rate is not valid for earning the bonus points that are given during the current promotion, as well, I guess, regular earned points and stay credit.

I do believe that the last time this promotion was aired, BRG claims did earn points and thus the bonus points, as well. But as I recall, there was no $25 cancel fee associated with matching a BRG when this promotion was last aired -- so, its anybody's guess whether such BRG claims actually incur a $25 cancel fee, as well as whether such new rate claims actually earn standard points from a stay, as well as the bonus points from this current promotion.

YMMV - Caveat Emptor!

linuxchick May 24, 2012 2:52 pm

I can now answer this one. :D

The points post as expected with the post-BRG rate, online booking bonus included. I did get a low room floor overlooking the HVAC on my BRG stay but it was a one night stay and I wasn't in the room much.
How long did it take for your stay/points to post to your CC account. I did a BRG stay at Dublin Airport Radisson on 5/20 to get in on this recent promo. Three days later I see the stay is coming up in my history of recent stays on my CC account. However - no points have posted...

Anyone stay at a Radisson from this new promo and get their stay + 50k bonus points posted already?

I am hoping to use my bonus points next week - is that too optimistic that it will post that fast?

Thanks!

linuxchick May 24, 2012 3:05 pm

RATES W/ BREAKFAST:
Also, I'm getting rates with breakfast compared to rates with breakfast approved (twice).

NO NEED TO FAX:
You do not need to fax the form for Park Inn Europe - you can scan and email it to: [email protected] . I got a response within 6 hours via email - CS center is in Dublin.

Radisson BRG TIP - YMMV (greatly)

Pricing *can be* inconsistent when adding 2 adults and 1 child to the reservation (non-USA hotels only). Technically, if 3 people are allowed in a room - then a small child can stay at no additional charge. Radisson website seems to tack on an additional 5 or 10 Euro for the child at *some* properties.

I have been using Expedia.ie as my comparison website since it is in Euro and also in English. Expedia does not add the additional fee for the small child. Hence an instant BRG opportunity. Has been approved twice for me in the past couple days.

cfischer May 24, 2012 5:02 pm

Originally Posted by TallestHotelInJapan (Post 18635500)
Is there a way to contact the BRG staff? They haven't processed my claims at all! Nothing but silence from them!

call corporate customer care. I recently had a claim which took > 1 week to finally process (intl. site and they had to find someone to translate it). In the end it usually works out with Radisson, it's a pretty good claim system.

Campath May 25, 2012 11:43 pm

My BRG request was processed within 48 hrs. Also a CC phone rep confirmed that it would count for the 50k promo.^

I just wish there were more Radisson Blu's in the US to spend my points.

TallestHotelInJapan May 26, 2012 5:33 am

BRG denied

My BRG claim was - after five days - denied with some extremely silly excuse.

The room on the 3rd party website was "double room for single use" versus "double room" on the Park Inn website. Both rooms for one person only. The very same rooms but no approval :td:

FlyHigh23 May 26, 2012 11:54 am

I have a few questions I didn't see answered in the thread:

1. The question was asked about editing the comments they put in -- has anyone done this and not receive any issues?

2. After you received the confirmation email what rate was shown for the reservation on your account page: old rate, new BRG rate, no rate

3. How long did it take for the new rate to be charged to your card after you received the confirmation email?

Thanks!

Campath May 26, 2012 12:59 pm

Originally Posted by FlyHigh23 (Post 18646272)
I have a few questions I didn't see answered in the thread:

1. The question was asked about editing the comments they put in -- has anyone done this and not receive any issues?

2. After you received the confirmation email what rate was shown for the reservation on your account page: old rate, new BRG rate, no rate

3. How long did it take for the new rate to be charged to your card after you received the confirmation email?

Thanks!

1. I did not edit the comments they put in. Why would anyone want to do that.

2. The rate summary showed 0.00 and the new BRG rate was mentioned under special requests.

3. The new rate was not charged to my card. It seems you can still cancel the room without any penalty even after getting the BRG approved.

FlyHigh23 May 26, 2012 1:18 pm

Originally Posted by Campath (Post 18646524)
1. I did not edit the comments they put in. Why would anyone want to do that.

2. The rate summary showed 0.00 and the new BRG rate was mentioned under special requests.

3. The new rate was not charged to my card. It seems you can still cancel the room without any penalty even after getting the BRG approved.

In case you want to put in a room upgrade type.

If the rate showed $0.00 and your card was not charged how did the hotel know to charge you?

Campath May 26, 2012 4:50 pm

Originally Posted by FlyHigh23 (Post 18646593)
In case you want to put in a room upgrade type.

If the rate showed $0.00 and your card was not charged how did the hotel know to charge you?

The hotel charges you the BRG amount after your stay. You still have the option of cancelling the entire stay without penalty upto 6 PM on the day of the stay.

Shanye2233 May 27, 2012 1:55 am

Did a BRG with the radisson dubrovnik for a junior suite . Got approved total costs less than half price. I'm checking in under my
Wife's account for the big free night promo.
I'm a bit worried because they changed my room type to standard room on the reservation , but costs is 0.00€