Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Park Inn Heathrow

Search this Thread

Old May 26, 2009, 8:17 am
Original Poster

Programs: Royal Ambassador Priority Club, Silver Elite goldpointsplus, Gold SPG, Diamond Hyatt
Park Inn Heathrow

I had a 1 night stay here with my family last weekend.

First of all this is the largest hotel in the Heathrow area with nearly 900 rooms. This hotel seems to attract the package tour guests as when l checked in coach loads of holiday makers had just arrived making the check in process time consuming. There was no priority check in desk for goldpointsplus members.

I booked a one bedroom suite and asked for a separate bed for my son in the living room. This is what was present in the room when we got there. The living room and bedroom were very big with flat screen TV's in both rooms. There was also a dressing room and a bathroom with bath, separate shower and a bidet. I haven't seen a bidet for ages, probably a sign of when the rooms were last refreshed.

A/C didn't seem to be very effective in the bedroom, but apart from that everything was in good. but slightly tired condition.

The main restaurant is nothing to write home about, we opted for the buffet which was plentiful, but not very good quality. My wife tells me that breakfast was a lot better in the morning.

I had to sweet talk room service into sending up two glasses of Bailey's as this was not on there room service menu and l also had argue with the front desk to get a late check-out the following morning.

I guess for such a large hotel and the amount of coaches they get in, there was not much customer service present.
Old May 31, 2010, 12:13 pm
Suspended

Park Inn Heathrow *Review*

An easy free bus ride from the central bus station at terminals 1,2, and 3.
The tourist information gave us a card with the respective bus numbers on it, some of which appear to be outdated.
We used the bus line 140, which got us there in about 5 minutes.
No need to use the Hoppa Bus service which charges 4 pounds each way.
We had to walk along the street and cross the car parking area and went inside.

It was fairly busy this morning as we arrived at around 10:30 am.
They do have a goldpointsplus elite line to check-in / -out . At first I was hesistant to use it, as it was not manned.
After I decided to use it, out of nowhere (well actually the back office) a friendly woman emerged and check us in.

We had been upgraded to a business friendly room or a suite.
(Not sure which one it was as on their website it says business friendly rooms come with bathrobe and slippers, there were none. She also said …” we have upgraded you to an executive room”…).

As we had to wait we went to use the pool and sauna.
The Innaction Leisure Club has training equipment, a pool, a sauna and a whirl pool / hot tub.
The appearance is quite dated and would need some serious refurbishing. But having these facilities is more than other hotels in this price range do offer.

Once we were able to get up to our room it was obvious we were lucky. It was on the top floor with a bright view of the airport.
It had a spacious bathroom with a tub, a flat screen TV and a work area, a lounge chair, a sofa and a queen sized bed.
The rooms appear to be very well isolated, as there was absolutely no noise protruding from the outside as well as other rooms.

In the evening, after returning from London city, we went downstairs to the Business Friendly lounge which we had been invited to use.
They offer red and white wine, beer and some non-alcoholic drinks along with hot food.
On the first evening they didn´t bother to ask for room numbers, on the second they did a check on all parties present.
I think it’s a very nice touch.

Also, from about 11 pm away the restaurant Bravo! Bravo! Turned into a club with a DJ performing and people having a good time.

Overall I have to say it´s a very decent, clean well maintained and well run hotel.
Old Jun 1, 2010, 4:17 pm

Programs: BA Bronze; Hyatt GP; Radisson; etc...
Thanks for the review. I've always wondered what it was like, but live too close to want to spend the night.
Old Mar 2, 2020, 8:24 am

Programs: Hilton Honors, Marriott Bonvoy, Accor, Hyatt, (Former IHG Ambassador)
Stayed here recently.
The main lobby, a large section of the outside parking lot, and various rooms are underging refurbishment, so expect lots of noise until April 2020.
Ask for a room at the far back away from the drilling and hammering noise.

Reception and bar has been moved to the conference area on the left hand side of the building.

Windows can NOT be opened at this hotel.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.