Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Radisson International | Radisson Rewards
Reload this Page >

Review RadissonSAS Hotell Norge Bergen, Norway

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 15, 2009, 6:23 am
Original Poster

Programs: Eurobonus (*G)

Hotell Norge, Bergen, Norway

I stay here about 100+ nights a year. The hotel is in the middle of the city center (the city center is very compact, so you can walk almost everywhere. The Airportbuss stops outside the hotel. A taxi from the airport would set you back 400+ NOK.

I am not sure whether it is due to Eurobonus Gold status or Goldpointsplus Gold, but would guess both will give an upgrade to business class room (or even a junior suite). There has only been two times out of at least 20 that I have been given a standard room.

The businessclass rooms (or are they junior suites?) facing “Festplassen” is very spacious with a sofa, table and a chair, and has large bathrooms (some with bathtube). Nespresso machines in every businessclass rooms. Standard Radisson amenities (Anne Semonin) in all rooms. If you need “seaving kit” or tooth brush you can get this in the reception. The standard rooms (and some of the businessclass rooms) are a little cramped. Some of the rooms on the 9th floor have balconies. There are automatic minibars (pricey) in all rooms throughout the hotel, hence not possible to buy beverages and keep it cold. There are ice machines on every floor. There is a pool in the basement (12,5 m) and a small gym.

The breakfast is quite good, especially when you take into consideration that it is free. You get three kinds of egg, danish pastries, fresh fruit etc. This is common in all RadissonSAS hotels in Norway I think.
Old Jan 16, 2009, 12:05 am

Programs: Club Carlson Gold, AMEX Platinum, EBG
What you can do with the automatic fridges is call reception and advise them that you are removing items to put your own stuff in, I do this at most hotels with this system and have never had a problem.
Old Feb 9, 2013, 11:59 pm
Suspended

Programs: Marriott - P; HH - G; Hyatt - P; Avis - LT First
have reservation at the Radisson in Bergen from 18-20 June, but currently one of them completely sold out and the other only has business rooms still available..................anyone know what's going on in Bergen during this period to make getting an additional night/room almost impossible???
Old Feb 10, 2013, 3:03 am

Programs: SAS EBG, IHG Spire Amb, CCG
Originally Posted by BKKLEE
have reservation at the Radisson in Bergen from 18-20 June, but currently one of them completely sold out and the other only has business rooms still available..................anyone know what's going on in Bergen during this period to make getting an additional night/room almost impossible???
Could be just general tourism, Bergen hotels have a really high occupancy over the summer.
Old Feb 10, 2013, 3:06 am

Programs: SAS EBG, IHG Spire Amb, CCG
Originally Posted by Chriscross
Hotell Norge, Bergen, Norway

I stay here about 100+ nights a year. The hotel is in the middle of the city center (the city center is very compact, so you can walk almost everywhere. The Airportbuss stops outside the hotel. A taxi from the airport would set you back 400+ NOK.

I am not sure whether it is due to Eurobonus Gold status or Goldpointsplus Gold, but would guess both will give an upgrade to business class room (or even a junior suite). There has only been two times out of at least 20 that I have been given a standard room.
While CC gold gives you upgrades, my guess is your success is due to "I stay here about 100+ nights a year".
Old Feb 11, 2013, 3:57 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by chrisljo
Could be just general tourism, Bergen hotels have a really high occupancy over the summer.
Indeed. Beside the regular massive seasonal tourism flow, the dates are right before the midsummer holiday when there are some festivals.
Old Feb 12, 2013, 7:24 pm

Programs: EBG, FBG, SPG Gold, CC Gold, etc.
100+ nights a year? Why not just move there? xD
Old Feb 16, 2013, 3:21 am
Original Poster

Programs: Eurobonus (*G)
Originally Posted by Everest
100+ nights a year? Why not just move there? xD
I did
Old Mar 12, 2014, 3:43 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium
Would it be possible to get 4 adults in one room in either this hotel or the other Radisson? 2 of the adults are on the short side, they wouldn't mind sleeping in what is typically "child accommodations" :-) (and thus having a 2 Adults 2 Children room)
Old Mar 13, 2014, 12:58 pm

Programs: CC Concierge,HH Diamond, Melia: Platinum, Hyatt : Platinum, Hertz: Gold
Are the rooms baby friendly?
Old Mar 14, 2014, 5:24 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by beofotch
Would it be possible to get 4 adults in one room in either this hotel or the other Radisson? 2 of the adults are on the short side, they wouldn't mind sleeping in what is typically "child accommodations" :-) (and thus having a 2 Adults 2 Children room)
A king bed with one rollaway bed or the king bed with the mini-sofabed could possibly do it, but I don't recall them allowing that on their booking engine and instead requiring a call and getting something like a "family room".

I know the room I last had there fit three adults and a big child. It was a tight fit in terms of the bedding and the room faced "inside". We checked in as two adults with one kid even though the booking was for three adults.

I suggest calling the hotel and seeing what they could do. Bookings direct with the hotel provide the hotel with higher margins, so they have room to make a better deal.
Old Mar 14, 2014, 5:36 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by barte
Are the rooms baby friendly?
They seem fine enough in that regard. I'd suggest getting a crib. The downside of the rooms I've seen last I stayed there: carpeted floors. I prefer the more usual Scandinavian norm of wood or wood-style laminate floors.
Old Mar 14, 2019, 8:24 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Stay Report - 3/10 - 3/11

Location: Really good for touring around Bergen. It's located on the Bryggen Wharf area so you're in the heart of touristy Bergen. You can walk to loads of restaurants and bars and there are even convenience stores around too. There are several bus stations just outside the hotel and the Airport Express Bus has a station literally at the front door. Otherwise you're looking at a $65 USD taxi ride which is nice to avoid.

Hotel: A bit of a strangely designed hotel but I imagine that's to blend in with the area. In the lobby is the breakfast restaurant as well as a bar and a high priced dinner restaurant. There's also a business center near the check in desks. Annoyingly the bar was closed at 4:45 PM when I tried to go over for a drink

Check In: Handled very well by a friendly agent who explained how everything worked and sent me on my way. I was also able to get into my room at 11:30 AM which made me quite happy.

Room: I was in a Queen Standard Room on the 4th floor and it was small, even for European standards. Outside the bed there wasn't much there and the bathroom was also tiny. Soundproofing isn't the best and you can hear your neighbors easily. However on the positive side the Wifi worked well and there were outlets near the bed

Breakfast: A nice spread with eggs, breakfast meats, good breads, cheese, cold cuts and cereal and porridge. Good coffee too.

This is a really good hotel for touring Bergen and I'd gladly be back.
SanDiego1K, dabee69 and vincewy like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.