Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Radisson Bratislava, Slovakia

Search this Thread

Old Nov 29, 2004, 11:27 am
Original Poster

Radisson Bratislava, Slovakia

Any information about Radisson Bratislava ?
What kind of rooms/amenities can you espect at this location ?
Any enhancement to be expected for the average Goldpoints member ?
Thanks
Old Nov 29, 2004, 11:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 1.7 M, Hilton Gold, Hertz 5*, AARP Sophomore, 14-time Croix de Candlestick
I'm sorry that I can't offer specifics on rooms or amenities, but I did walk by the hotel (Radisson SAS Carlton) a couple of years ago. There was still a bit of scaffolding up as the restoration was just being finished, but the building looked to be in splendid condition.

it is directly across the street from the Opera House, and the fact that its next door neighbors are the US and German Embassies should mean that security will not be a problem
Old Nov 30, 2004, 12:16 am
KVS
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Arrow Radisson SAS Carlton, Bratislava

Here are some TripAdvisor reviews, all of which seem to be very positive:
http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserR...ratislava.html
Old Jul 1, 2012, 4:42 am

Stayed in Standard and Business Room (Upgrade). Business Room included breakfast and Pay TV.

Here some pictures:
http://youhavebeenupgraded.blogspot....a-carlton.html
Old Jul 13, 2013, 12:18 am
Community Director Emerita

Does anyone have recent stay reports? What about the Park Inn?
Old Jul 13, 2013, 1:22 am

Programs: BA Silver, ICH Plat, Club Carlson G, SAS S
Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
+1 interested in Park Inn Bratislava, got a business class reward there next week, interested to know how elites are treated

Also if anyone knows of activities to do in Bratislava would be interested seems the main thing advised is just walk around town, have only 2 days here but could be fun, its my first visit to Slovakia
Old Jul 13, 2013, 11:30 am
Community Director Emerita

Originally Posted by drspear
Also if anyone knows of activities to do in Bratislava would be interested seems the main thing advised is just walk around town, have only 2 days here but could be fun, its my first visit to Slovakia
Here's a 2012 New York Times article about visiting Bratislava.
Old Jul 13, 2013, 12:30 pm

Programs: BA Silver, ICH Plat, Club Carlson G, SAS S
Here's a 2012 New York Times article about visiting Bratislava.
thank you for that, it was an interesting piece.

travelling with wife and a 10 yr old so not sure if we get in bars / breweries !

Look forward to the time there for sure.
Old Jul 13, 2013, 9:27 pm

Programs: SQ
I'm also thinking of going this weekend. 29.50/night at the PI using the 2-for-1 and 49.50 for the Radisson.

Kind of seems like the Radisson is worth the extra 20/night from my research
Old Jul 13, 2013, 11:19 pm
WAS

Programs: National Parks Annual Pass
The Park Inn / Danube Hotel used to be one of the better hotels in Bratislava in the 1990s, but at this point I would take the Radisson SAS / Carlton. Park Inn used to be known as a hangout for the mob.
As far as things to do, walk around Old Town with frequent stops for a cold draught beer. Also stop at the Shtoor cafe for coffee and good dessert. Visit the St. Martin's church and go up to the castle for a nice view of the city. You can also walk across the bridge undearneath the castle (New Bridge or nowdays again called the SNP Bridge) and take an elevator to the restaurant on top. Finish in the Aupark shopping center on the other side of the bridge if you want.
If you are in Old Town, going to see a play/concert/opera might be good, if that's your thing.
If you have a car, you could drive maybe 10 km to see the Devin castle ruin, which is culturally very significant for Slovakia and has a nice view at the confluence of the Danube and the Morava river, overlooking 3 corners of 3 different countries. Another possibility is driving to Cerveny Kamen castle (intact, not a ruin), near the village of Casta, which offers a nice tour (also in English) and a falconry show.
I would also recomment enjoying a massage/spa treatment either in Old Town or possibly in nearby Senec; there are some natural hot spring baths there.
Old Jul 15, 2013, 9:42 am

Originally Posted by drspear
You can spend the better part of the afternoon at the Bratislava Castle. It has some nice exhibitions being a museum and a great view of the river and bridge. It is right next door to the Slovakian Parliament building. Not speaking the language, it appears that the building is not open for tours, but we asked politely because I really enjoy political history, and we received a nice tour and watched Parliament in action. From what our guide told us, they were voting on the naming of a theater. Sounds just like the U.S.
Old Jul 15, 2013, 4:13 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, BA Amex PP, Virgin Gold
The OH and I stayed at the Radisson Bratislava on Monday 8th, so hopefully that is recent enough for you

The hotel is in an excellent location a few minutes walk from the centre of town, staff spoke excellent English and were ready and genuinely willing to help.

Our Business Class room was spacious, massive bathroom and overlooked Hviezdoslav Square. The room was well furnished, clean, a little dated for my tastes but I like very modern style, so for some it may just be traditional The breakfast selection was excellent as well.

Would we go back? Definitely. While you're in Bratislava, check out the Sky Bar www.skybar.sk/home-en‎
Old Oct 8, 2013, 3:58 pm

Programs: Who cares... status is a Red Herring.
Park Inn Bratislava

If you'd like some info... we stayed here for two nights (2 two long). It's of course a few doors down from the Radisson Blu and the nice downtown area is really small so it's a fine location.

It's also only 9,000 points so I had to give it ago. I would have skipped the town rather than stay at the hotel, simply because I needed to get work done at it was impossible.

There is no wireless internet in the room.
So I plugged into the wall... and it didn't work. Guy tried to explain to me it's because I use one of those... Macs. Yea it's because of the mac.

Finally we tried internet in another room and it worked. But the outlets I quickly realized were not like the rest of europe but like some of the eastern neighbors. So I called down for a converter and he told me that the outlets are the same as the rest of europe. I didn't want to argue about the outlets but he was very convinced that it was the same and/or it was because I was using a mac. Not joking.

Eventually it was realized that there are no converters.

so that was my experience, other wise the hotel is 2-3 stars. But it's actually really nice looking on the outside. But again, the price is good the location is good. The town is super cheap.
Hope that's helpful.
Old Oct 9, 2013, 6:55 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Accor Plat, IHG Diamond
I did not enjoy my stay at the Park in this summer. I stayed one night on points (standard room), we were in a room with a view over the danube, that was a mistake, there was the noise from the busy road below, there was a huge billboard on the front of the building, so the windows were not transparent and we could hardly see outside, and there was no Internet in the rooms. We didn't try the breakfast and didn't sleep well, we were glad to leave this place!
Old Oct 13, 2013, 10:54 am

I just had a stay with points at the park inn,it is really a only 3 star hotel ,for that reason I booked the business class room for 13500 points .
The room was nice but as mentioned without internet wifi.
Breakfast was ok,there is no anymore the Club lounge.
Also the spa swimmingpool looks very very tired and my wife said to me not to go there as it is open for the general public paying people also.
But it is in the old town center it is ok if you book the business class room.
The Hotel seems to be full with english tour groups all the time so it could be very loud even at night.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.