Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Please Help...Should I be concerned?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 7, 2004, 5:28 pm
Original Poster

Please Help...Should I be concerned?

I posted this on AA forum and here as well since this was originally a Radisson Hotel Sweepstakes.

I received a certified mail from "Helgeson Enterprises, Inc." today stating that I am a price Winner of the 50,000 American Airline AAdvantage Miles in the Radisson Hotels & Resorts "Stay for Miles and Miles" Sweepstakes. I was asked to complete an Affidavit of Eligibility and Release Form and a Form W-9 and send them back in 2 weeks.

According to the letter I have received the Form W-9 needed to be completed since the approximate retail value of 50,000 AAdvatage Miles is $1250. The letter stated that I will also receive a 1099 by year end as well.

My main concern is that is this ligit? The letter was send on a blank white paper with no letter head what-so-ever.

Does anyone else on this board ever received such a letter and was required to complete a W-9 form in order to attain the award??
Old Jun 7, 2004, 6:24 pm
Suspended

Programs: HH Diamond, SPG Gold, PC Platinum Ambassador, Marriott Silver
I would post this in the FT Free Travel Contests and Sweepstakes forum - you'll get plenty of advice from the experts there.
Old Jun 8, 2004, 8:59 am

Copied from the promotion website:

DRAWING AND AWARDING OF PRIZES. On or about Friday of each week during the Promotion Period, a random drawing will be conducted by the contest administrator, Helgeson Enterprises, Inc., from all eligible entries received by Sponsor. Two winners will be chosen for each day of the promotion. All eligible non-winning entries received during each day will be held over for subsequent drawings. The contest administrator’s decisions will be final in all matters relating to this sweepstakes.

Winners will be notified by certified mail.

Looks good to me! Congrats.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.