Community
Wiki Posts
Search

No night roll-over at Radisson Rewards (intl)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 1, 2024, 12:05 am
Original Poster

Programs: KA "The Elite"
No night roll-over at Radisson Rewards (intl)

happy new year to all fellow flyertalkers!

Despite no official mention on roll-over nights, (I had seen conflicting opinions on this), now with the year change, it is confirmed that in the Radisson Rewards intl there is no roll-over of hotel nights or stays to the new year. Also, the status is not granted for the full 2024 year, but on rolling 365 day bases from the moment you reach the status.

Reaching status is easy, but no point to keep staying extra nights once you reach the 30 required for VIP member.
Old Jan 3, 2024, 6:04 pm

Programs: SK EBG, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by longliveKA
happy new year to all fellow flyertalkers!

Despite no official mention on roll-over nights, (I had seen conflicting opinions on this), now with the year change, it is confirmed that in the Radisson Rewards intl there is no roll-over of hotel nights or stays to the new year. Also, the status is not granted for the full 2024 year, but on rolling 365 day bases from the moment you reach the status.

Reaching status is easy, but no point to keep staying extra nights once you reach the 30 required for VIP member.
Did your nights/stays reset to zero in the last couple of days (or when you say " ... it is confirmed ...", is this something you have been informed about or read somewhere)?

I do wonder if the software for processing upgrades/resets has not been properly updated to match the new terms and conditions. Also I seem to recall that previously there have been periods of what I might politely call "volatility" at the start of each year regarding processing of rollover nights ...

In my case I earned 35 nights during 2023, starting the year as a "Premium" member - with night #30 reached at the end of November. According to the updated "Terms and Conditions" (quoted below) my night balance should have reset to zero at the end of November, leaving me with 5 nights still and a new qualification period end of 11/24. That didn't happen and my balance of 35 nights on Dec 31st 2023 is now 0 nights, still showing with the "07/24" qualification period end! I'll give them a week or so to see if this gets sorted out otherwise will call up to investigate ...

From the updated terms and conditions:
Once you achieve enough Eligible Nights and Eligible Stays to access the next tier, your membership tier will be upgraded instantly after check-out. The Eligible Nights and Eligible Stays that allowed you to move to the next level will be deducted from your Eligible Nights and Eligible Stays balance and a new qualification period of 12 months will start. The minimum number of Eligible Nights and Eligible Stays corresponding to your status will be required to maintain your status (Premium= 5 nights/3 stays, VIP= 30 nights/20 stays).
Taking that at face value, there is no such thing anymore as "rollover nights" - as soon as you reach a new status the counter resets and nights after that count for the new qualification year.
Old Jan 3, 2024, 6:08 pm

Programs: Der 5* FTL
I wonder if they are going to adjust the "rollover" in the coming days?

Because my counter has gone to 0, but at the same time, my status card now says it's valid until 7/24. So is it a year or not or what?
I would assume that either I am already requaled for all of 2024 or that my year would be 8/23-7/24. But now it sort of looks like neither...
I am a VIP from the beginning of the new program, being Gold before. Which, neither date aligns with either?

edit: There is a line item 9 Jan 23 that says "Other Nights towards tier status + 0" on my activity sheet. I guess I should be expecting nights from last year to show up in a week or so, then?
Old Jan 3, 2024, 6:13 pm

Originally Posted by GinFizz
From the updated terms and conditions:

Taking that at face value, there is no such thing anymore as "rollover nights" - as soon as you reach a new status the counter resets and nights after that count for the new qualification year.
But then, "deducted from" implies that if you have an overage, the overage will stay? At least for upgrades.
Old Jan 3, 2024, 6:17 pm

Found a thread from last January. Where I had a "+0", others were having "some" number of nights roll over.
Old Jan 3, 2024, 6:29 pm

Originally Posted by Fabo.sk
But then, "deducted from" implies that if you have an overage, the overage will stay? At least for upgrades.
Good point - I had not considered that. If you have a 10 day stay that takes you from 25 to 35 nights, then at least reading the T&C it seems you should start the reset qualification year with 5 nights. Whether those contribute to status for the qualification year seems ambiguous, as the T&C states that only nights/stays "earned" during the qualification year count. But that suggests that the program will need to keep track of both residual nights/stays and qualification/nights stays, which seems a bit ridiculous. Combined with the (admittedly generous) 07/24 status expiry when they transitioned everyone to the new scheme there is so much to go wrong here!
Old Jan 3, 2024, 7:16 pm

Apparently the 7/24 expiry was because Radisson Americas program was rolled into Choice in 7/23 and that was thus the last date you could transfer between Americas and RoW programs.
Old Jan 4, 2024, 12:45 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, Radisson VIP
Same issue.

VIP member.

Counter reset to 0 now.

Status expires 7/24.

But I had a couple of stays after reaching VIP which should count to new period.
Old Jan 4, 2024, 2:36 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

From their CS

Thank you for taking the time to write and for being a Radisson Rewards VIP Elite member.

I would like to apologize for the inconvenience this may have caused you regarding the missing nights and stay.
Our technical team is actively working to restore them to their previous state. Kindly give us ample time to resolve the issue.

Should you require further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us again. Have a nice day!
​​​​​​​
Old Jan 4, 2024, 1:53 pm
Original Poster

Programs: KA "The Elite"
Strange. Today a random number of stays and nights appear on my account. Not sure how those have been counted.....(just a couple less than the actual balance on dec 31st) however expiration date is also 07/24
florens likes this.
Old Jan 4, 2024, 7:13 pm

Strange. Today a random number of stays and nights appear on my account. Not sure how those have been counted.....(just a couple less than the actual balance on dec 31st) however expiration date is also 07/24
My nights/stays balance has also reappeared - in my case exactly as it was on Dec 31st. Did you have any rollover nights/stays from 2022 into 2023 (to maybe explain the lower number showing in your account)?

My guess here is that after starting the new Radisson Rewards program they forgot to turn off the old software process that handled the end-of-calendar year adjustments ...

It still isn't at all clear also though what the significance of the 07/24 date is - there is at least one data point (me ) of someone moving up a tier (premium to VIP) without the process in the new T&C (nights/stays deducted and a new qualification year starting) happening. An optimistic interpretation could be that the new program will actually start from that date (meaning that everyone will have had 12+7 = 19 months to build up nights/stays before the new program fully kicks-in.
Old Jan 5, 2024, 9:31 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Same.

And this:

lol
Old Jan 6, 2024, 2:53 pm

Programs: JGC,SFC, BestWestern DS, Choice P, HH D, Hyatt Ds, IHG D, Marriott P, Radisson V, Wyndham D, Sixt P
My stays/nights reappeared today but only stays in 2023, not 2022.
I had 50+ nights at 12/31/2023, I had 20+ night in 2023, 30+ night in 2022. Now I have 20+ nights only.
I am VIP member now but I won't stay Radisson anymore.
Radisson reward is no longer attractive, hotel price is also not attractive as before.
Old Jan 13, 2024, 6:27 am

Programs: SAS EBS / *A Silver, Hilton Diamond, Radisson VIP, IHG Platinum Ambassador
I was under the impression that Radisson no longer uses the fixed qualification period? Thus nothing should have changed on 1st January (unless that happened to be your status renewal date).

Based on the T&Cs I assumed that on my status expiry date they deduct the nights for status extension and keep the rest in my account. That seemed like a great system. But I lost some nights during the last couple of days too so I wonder whether I misunderstood the system or whether it's a bug. I suspect the latter - it makes absolutely zero sense for elite nights to be affected in any way in January when my status year ends in July.
Koby likes this.
Old Jan 17, 2024, 2:38 am

It seems like the Radisson Rewards Team in Manila & India stopped answering regarding the account status for last year. I got a few stays at the last week of December 2023 but this wasn't post before 02 Jan 2024 so the VIP status wasn't counting correctly. Tried to explained 2 emails for them, but only got Copy & Paste replied regarding VIP status requirement.

Sent another follow up email with details step by step explanation of the issue and my request, then they stopped replying.

Very sad to see how the RR program and customer service team has been after they outsourced it to a BPO company that cant provide a Premium brand standard.

I'm continue staying at their hotels, due to the service and the Management Team in each hotels I'm regular staying are providing a excellent service.

Complaining to Radisson Rewards BPO people are just wasting time, best is to send a message to hotels GM and let them take it up with their RHG Region Management Team and hopefully your case would be heard.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.