Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Radisson International | Radisson Rewards
Reload this Page >

Looking for advice: what moves to Choice and what remains?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 28, 2023, 2:14 pm
Community Director Emerita
Original Poster

Help me out, folks. I'm the community director for FlyerTalk and responsible for forum organization. Part of Radisson has been absorbed by Choice. What does that do to this forum? What exactly is now part of Choice? Is it just the USA, the USA + Canada, all of North America? Should those hotel threads be moved over? I see little value in moving over any of the discussions about what that means for Radisson points and benefits as that either is clear or will become clear soon.

You can see that the forum description lists the brands that are under Radisson. How should that be rewritten?

What else? Please throw out all useful ideas.

Carol/SanDiego1K
Old Jul 28, 2023, 4:38 pm

ALL Radisson hotels in the Americas (North, Central, and South America) are now part of Choice. Tough call what to do. You could simply leave everything as-is and rename the "Radisson Hotel Groups" Forum instead to "Radisson Int'l", and FTers will know to search back in that Forum for all past Radisson info. Or you can try to cherry-pick out threads individually (which might take a bit of work for some Moderator to do) and transfer all the "Americas"-related threads into the Choice Forum, or even make a sub-forum in Choice. I assume going forward, most FTers will simply start to post their Radisson Americas questions/comments directly into the Choice Forum (where they belong). Luckily neither the Choice nor Radisson Forums are heavily trafficked though so you really can't go with wrong however you decide to proceed.

Regarding Choice Forum description, perhaps add: ("and all ex-Radisson Americas properties")
SanDiego1K and sdsearch like this.

Last edited by gregorygrady; Jul 28, 2023 at 9:43 pm Reason: Whoops, typed too quickly, meant "wrong" instead of "with".
Old Jul 28, 2023, 5:54 pm

Programs: A3, AA, AC, AS, DL, NH, SQ, SK, UA; BW, CP, HH, IHG, MB
Agreed with the above. I'll also add that any property-specific threads for hotels in the Americas can probably move to Choice relatively easily, especially if the thread title makes it obvious (I see two on the top page for Seattle and Chicago Airport that would move, while another two for Manchester Airport & Frankfurt Airport would stay). For other threads that aren't as easily identifiable and slip through, maybe move them on an ad-hoc basis? For example, if new comments get posted and push them to the top page (or if new threads get posted), someone can use the alert mod tool.

For the Radisson description, perhaps add a line that says something along the lines of: "Please visit Choice Privileges for Radisson hotels in the Caribbean and North, Central, and South America." Maybe also have a sticky thread in each forum with a big bold announcement saying which posts belong where. It might not stop all posts in the wrong forum, but it might help reduce them.

Originally Posted by gregorygrady
Luckily neither the Choice nor Radisson Forums are heavily trafficked though so you really can't go with however you decide to proceed.
SanDiego1K and sdsearch like this.
Old Jul 31, 2023, 10:44 am
Original Poster

I've updated the forum description with the ideas given above. It's much appreciated. It's a work in progress and I welcome further thoughts from all members.
Old Jul 31, 2023, 2:04 pm

Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
I've updated the forum description with the ideas given above. It's much appreciated. It's a work in progress and I welcome further thoughts from all members.
Great! I have one suggestion/correction for the description. The Radisson properties in all of the Americas (North/Central/South and the Caribbean) should be part of Choice now, and not just North America.
SanDiego1K likes this.
Old Jul 31, 2023, 2:53 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Tennen
Great! I have one suggestion/correction for the description. The Radisson properties in all of the Americas (North/Central/South and the Caribbean) should be part of Choice now, and not just North America.
Updated.

Do you know if there are any Country Inn and Suites outside the Americas? I'm wondering if they are now in their entirety part of Choice.
Old Jul 31, 2023, 3:40 pm

Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
Updated.

Do you know if there are any Country Inn and Suites outside the Americas? I'm wondering if they are now in their entirety part of Choice.

I thought they were all in the Americas, but a search here shows that there are a bunch in India. Learned something new!
SanDiego1K likes this.
Old Jan 10, 2024, 5:26 am

Programs: qatar airways platinum
I am aware the sale starts today. however I am trying to book a room @ Oslo airport and no rooms are available for the date I want. Yesterday there wee many rooms. Could this be because many people are booking due to the sale just starting and if I wait rooms will become available. Or should I play safe and book through a 3rd party site that has availability.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.