Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Radisson International | Radisson Rewards
Reload this Page >

Radisson Rewards Program Major Devaluation 2023 Discussion [non Americas]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 5, 2022, 7:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...

no details yet, just some sort of announcement that changes are coming to the non-Americas program.

https://loyaltylobby.com/2022/10/05/...coming-in-2023
Old Oct 6, 2022, 7:03 am

It will be interesting to see if the refresh includes a relationship with Choice Hotels/Radisson Americas.
flospi likes this.
Old Oct 10, 2022, 7:43 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Sounds like dynamic pricing, or even worse changing reward points to a fixed value like Accor
Old Oct 10, 2022, 10:02 am

Programs: Various
One more thing I read in their email is that there will be one less status level in the new version of the program. There will be only 3 instead of 4 levels.
Old Oct 10, 2022, 5:50 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by britbronco22
Sounds like dynamic pricing, or even worse changing reward points to a fixed value like Accor
Originally Posted by Fredrik74
One more thing I read in their email is that there will be one less status level in the new version of the program. There will be only 3 instead of 4 levels.
The main Scandinavian competitor programs to Radisson in the region have three elite levels. They also — at least primarily — don’t do the Accor thing with fixed point value.

Unfortunately, Radisson EMEA is more non-Scandinavian hotels than Scandinavian hotels; and so the benchmark may end up being something other than the Scandinavian hotel programs.
Old Oct 11, 2022, 6:25 am

Programs: SAS EBS / *A Silver, Hilton Diamond, Radisson VIP, IHG Platinum Ambassador
https://www.radissonhotels.com/en-us...ram-updateEven if fewer tiers won't mean fewer benefits for top tier members, I imagine access to upgrades will be reduced as more people will compete for them. It's already a problem in some regions where Platinum upgrades suck because there's too many of eligible guests.

"Access to VIP areas" - does that mean lounges are coming to Radisson? I can't imagine that happening.
Old Oct 11, 2022, 7:53 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Maybe they will increase the top tier qualification requirement to slim down the number of members in the top tier?

Some Radisson hotels had an executive lounge, maybe some still do. Wasn’t there even one such lounge at a Radisson in Gothenburg before the pandemic?
Old Oct 11, 2022, 8:32 am

Programs: SAS EBS / *A Silver, Hilton Diamond, Radisson VIP, IHG Platinum Ambassador
Originally Posted by GUWonder
Maybe they will increase the top tier qualification requirement to slim down the number of members in the top tier?

Some Radisson hotels had an executive lounge, maybe some still do. Wasn’t there even one such lounge at a Radisson in Gothenburg before the pandemic?
Scandinavia Gothenburg still has a lounge. But the access is not possible based on status, not even when one gets and upgrade to an eligible room.

I'm currently staying in Astrid Antwerp and there are still some signs pointing to the lounge but it doesn't seem to be operational anymore.

Edit: I can't imagine them decreasing number of tiers and increasing qualification requirements for the top tier at the same time.

Last edited by the810; Oct 11, 2022 at 11:10 am
Old Oct 11, 2022, 1:33 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver
I recall the Radisson in Bucharest having a lounge too
Old Oct 12, 2022, 11:49 am

Programs: AY, BT, DY and SK. Scandic, Radisson, Marriott and HHonors. ClubONE
I’ve heard Radisson Plaza in Helsinki has a lounge and that you will get access when upgraded to an eligible room. Perhaps I am able to check that on my next visit to Helsinki.
KiwiRob likes this.
Old Oct 14, 2022, 4:55 am

Programs: LX HON, Radisson Platinum, Hilton Gold
One of the Park Plazas in London had a lounge 3-4 years ago when I stayed there. Thanks to the status upgrade I also got entrance to that lounge.
treppenlaeufer likes this.
Old Oct 15, 2022, 7:17 am

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy LTTE, HH Dia, HY Expl
Should the title of this thread be renamed the Radisson Lounge thread? 🤷‍♂️
ArnoldB likes this.
Old Oct 17, 2022, 4:43 am

Programs: Aer Lingus Concierge, Radisson Rewards Platinum, BW Diamond, Hilton Gold
Details are now public

Club
Entry
8 pts/$

Premium
5 nights or 3 stays
27 pts/$

VIP
39 nights or 20 stays
36 pts/$
Old Oct 17, 2022, 6:13 am

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy LTTE, HH Dia, HY Expl
Doesn't seem bad at first look but I think the gap between qualifying for Premium and VIP is too large. The big thing most US based members will want to know is that transfers between the Worldwide and US program are staying in place based on the website....at least for now.

Was trying to see if points requirements changed for a stay I have coming up in Frankfurt but there are no points options listed yet. I wonder if this will update shortly or what the deal is. Definitely want to see how the award costs are impacted.

UPDATE!!! One of the German travel bloggers is saying that the redemptions will be fixed at $0.02 per point which would really SUCK and be a huge devaluation. Not sure that a reader telling him that this is what they saw is reliable but we shall see. For those that can read German here's the blog link:

https://youhavebeenupgraded.boarding...ogramm-ist-da/
Brendan likes this.

Last edited by christianj; Oct 17, 2022 at 6:33 am
Old Oct 17, 2022, 7:06 am

I am seeing $0.0027 per point US. This overstates the value though because you are now using points to offset taxes as well. BTW if you are confused why you don't see a points redemption option you have to select a cash rate and them start the confirmation process you will be offered the option to pay with points and you can do your own value calculations (you may need to be logged in). That said looking at redemptions I was considering next March in Europe when cash rates were low this is actually an improvement! I am likely just going to burn up my points next spring in Europe and be done with this program.
littlewinglet likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.