Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Radisson Hotel and Suites Sydney Rebranding

Search this Thread

Old Jul 19, 2022, 7:48 am
Original Poster

Radisson Hotel and Suites Sydney Rebranding

It looks like Radisson Hotel and Suites Sydney, Australia is rebranding to something else (what I don't know based on a quick Google search turning nothing up). I had a points booking here for a very peak night later this year. I got (for Radisson) an insane 1.5 cents of value per point. I had a bad feeling about this booking given the outsized value and Radisson and their properties' general dumpster fire approach to things so I continued to look for other options. Eventually I managed to land a booking Sheraton Grand (I am a Bonvoy Plat) so this was just waiting to be canceled by me so no harm or foul but if you are booked here you may want to check on the implications for your reservation.

And to add to the fun I cannot cancel on line and it no longer shows up as a points booking. Sigh this is going to be fun.

Update: the British reservation agents were able to cancel the booking and the points were returned to my account.

From Email I Got:

I am contacting you in regards to your upcoming booking with us on xxxxxx.

The hotel is going through a re-branding process and will not be trading as a Radisson hotel in the near future. Unfortunately it means we cannot accept Radisson Rewards points when you arrive.

There are options available including payment by cards or cash for stay in the hotel(please let us know so we can re-book you in system), or cancelling the booking and re-book other Radisson hotels with rewards points,

Sorry again for the unforeseen circumstances, hopefully enough notice to look for alternative options however understand if the guest wish to cancel the hotel will waive any cancellation penalty.

Last edited by 36902BRF; Jul 19, 2022 at 3:46 pm
Old Jul 19, 2022, 8:49 pm

Programs: AA LT GLD, AS 75K, Marriott Titanium
I got the same email about my December reservation. Considering that Radisson's IT has historically been a trainwreck, I was worried that cancelling online wouldn't automatically restore my points. To my surprise, the points were returned to my account almost instantaneously.

Good thing I had already made a backup reservation with Marriott.
Old Aug 6, 2022, 3:16 pm
Original Poster

Looks like hotel has rebranded to Rydges Darling Square Apartment Hotel.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.