Wiki Posts
Search

Radisson EMEA 15% off awards booking - issues

Search this Thread

Old May 25, 2022, 8:05 am
Original Poster

Programs: United Platinum, Marriott Platinum, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Radisson EMEA 15% off awards booking - issues

Radisson Europe, Asia and Africa is running a 15% off points booking promo for all their properties till 5/31/22. I hastened to book a few nights in South Africa. At every step of the process it said 15% would be taken off, but the full points were taken from my account. Called Irish number for member services (+353 15138383) and they said its a known IT issue and they would credit back 15% points per the promo. No date given. Let us see. Bottom line - good promo, but you will need to babysit your points to make sure you get the promo rate.
Old May 25, 2022, 8:50 am
Suspended

Had this problem yesterday, however today the 15% off was showing , yesterday it said 75K today 63,750 and the email showed "Thank you for your Radisson Rewards points redemption. A total of -63.750 points has been deducted from your account."

Last edited by craz; May 25, 2022 at 8:59 am
Old May 25, 2022, 2:47 pm

Programs: UA MileagePlus (1P)
Is it possible to call in and get the current reservation re-priced at the discount rate?
I’ve tried to make a new booking instead but one of the date is out of award inventory..
Old May 26, 2022, 9:09 am
Original Poster

Programs: United Platinum, Marriott Platinum, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
No, do not risk it. They will have to cancel and rebook. So you are gambling the room you release goes back to award inventory. Plus you have to look at cancel window (my award booking says "free cancellation before November 22, 2019" and "free cancellation before July 26, 2022" which is clear as mud.)
cchuang1980 likes this.
Old May 28, 2022, 4:58 pm

Programs: A3, AA, AC, AS, DL, NH, SQ, SK, UA; BW, CP, HH, IHG, MB
I think I've figured out a possible (but not ideal) workaround for one issue. I don't know if anyone else has noticed this, but if you try to book more than one night with points, it displays the full points price. If you still try to reserve, it errors out. But, if you book each night separately, it displays the promotion points amount and you can proceed to the booking page.

Not all hotels seem to have this problem. I tried about two dozen hotels in different cities over different dates and only two were bookable at the reduced points level for more than a one-night stay.

Obviously, this doesn't address the issue of points not being refunded when canceling an award reservation... but at least it's something. Also, you have the added hassle of notifying the hotel about your multiple reservations.
BigE likes this.
Old May 29, 2022, 1:02 pm

What I found trying to book today May 29 is that the discounted amount does appear automatically. However, trying to book two nights together and then 7 nights together, some nights displayed 25,500 and others 30,000. If you go night by night, a pain but actually pretty fast once you get into a rhythm, all nights displayed at 25,500.
Old May 29, 2022, 1:06 pm

And points moved from Rad Americas to Rad Rewards Global, both yesterday and today, for me and my husband, immediately.

So far we booked 12 nights @25,500 a night. Six of those originally priced at 30K. We have 4 more to go, in a different country, so we'll see what happens with those.

Dealing with the Rad America site yesterday was a pain until I got the hang of how finicky the calendar can be, and Rad always makes us try to log in twice - once with an email address and then with the member #; sometimes the opposite - twice, allowing us in on the second try. Tallk about IT!

But once in the global site, it worked like a charm.

Here's hoping if we have to cancel, they will have worked those kinks out before Sept. 30!

Last edited by TWA44; May 29, 2022 at 1:38 pm
Old May 30, 2022, 11:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
I just moved a bunch of points to Rest-of-World and tried to book a four night stay in EMEA. Always errored out. I was able to book four individual consecutive nights successfully and emailed the hotel to have them merged (or to otherwise ensure that they are treated as one reservation so we don't have to check in/out every day).
Old Jun 2, 2022, 7:11 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium
FWIW, I had the same issue with two hotels I had to book each night separately, but a third displayed the proper discounted price.

I suppose I should just be happy that I can reliably login now to the site…my expectations are quite low for Rad.
Old Jun 6, 2022, 11:16 pm

Not sure if this deserves its own thread, but I'll include it here since it has to do with the promo. Is it normal for award reservations to display a price instead of points? Some of my bookings from this (terribly run) promo have one or both of these missing from the price summary - points used and cancellation policy/deadline. I don't recall this ever happening on my previous award or points & cash reservations, but those were all before last year's program split. I'm hoping that the price amount shown is the reimbursement rate from Radisson to the hotel and not an extra due at check-in.

I'm guessing these are just more examples of their wonderful IT. I'm still waiting for points to be refunded for canceled reservations.
Old Jun 8, 2022, 2:03 am

Programs: UA 1k 1MM, AA Exec Plat, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, IHG Plat, Accor ?????
Originally Posted by Tennen
...I'm still waiting for points to be refunded for canceled reservations.
Did the points ever come back? I'm having the same issue.
Old Jun 8, 2022, 11:51 am

Originally Posted by BigE
Did the points ever come back? I'm having the same issue.
Nope. Still waiting. Over the last few months, I've submitted a few messages via the online form (for different things), and they haven't responded to a single inquiry.

Trying to sort it out by phone was frustrating as hell. Incompetent agents couldn't understand the issue. Since I'm not in any immediate need of those points, I figured I'll email/call later. Having to deal with the time difference and their limited hours is another reason I'm putting it off. Maybe they'll sort out their IT issues with a bit of time (I doubt it).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.