Radisson Bad IT Leads to Free Stays

Search this Thread

Old Sep 19, 2021, 11:27 pm
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, Radisson VIP
Radisson Bad IT Leads to Free Stays

Hi

2 recent experiences, but with good results for me but I wonder why this is not noticed by systems/staff:

- booked a basic room redemption at a hotel for a total of 30k points. At check-in, agent could not find the reservation. I showed the confirmation on my phone (Radisson App). After a while the agent found the reservation in the system. He upgraded us to a superior room. All good. Only after checkout I noticed in the App that at check-in day the reward was canceled (by the front desk clerk) and I was credited 45k points (the superior room points). Net win: 15k points.
- booked a points + cash redemption at a hotel. 15k points + 70. At check-in, 1 was blocked on my credit card. At checkout, nothing was charged. Saved 70.

I find this very questionable.
Old Oct 6, 2021, 10:25 am

I got a similar experience, with Park Plaza London Hotel

- booked the cheapest standard room, then asked for an e-standby upgrade which is priced 40-100 GBP per night depends if you chose a studio, suite, etc.

- Once the upgrade is confirmed no cost is added to the reservation: reservation shows a newly upgraded room type and a zero upgrade cost.

Stayed on weekend for London Marathon in Park Plaza Westminster bridge in a studio and paid just a standard room price. Going to try a suite upgrade in a week time when in London again.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.