Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Radisson International | Radisson Rewards
Reload this Page >

Issues redeeming Radisson Reward points to BA Avios

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 2, 2021, 7:02 am
Original Poster

I'm trying to convert my Radisson Rewards points to British Airways Avios, but the Radisson redemption page keeps giving me error "The frequent flyer number does not meet formatting requirements" after I filled it in. Couple calls and e-mails to Radisson Rewards customer care were totally useless and they just insisted that the website works as expected and I have an incorrect number.

Anybody else with the same issue? Is there any other way to format the BA Executive club # than simply 12345678? I also tried BA12345678 with same result.
Old Aug 3, 2021, 2:58 am

I have had exactly the same issue now for a week (admittedly never tried before) converting Radisson Rewards points to SAS Eurobonus miles. Why am I not surprised to see it doesn't work with other FF programs either?

Replies I've got from RR so far:

Please contact Customer Care via mail instead.
Please send a PDF file with screenshots (here I got the impression they were serious about fixing it)
Please call your local Customer Care number.
Please contact SAS Airlines and ask them to verify your correct FF number.
Please wait a few days, our computer system is undergoing maintenance. (here I got the impression they politely told me to bugger off by coming up with a BS answer)

If anyone could try this out with smallest possible number of RR points just to see if it works, I would be very grateful
est-gratuite and duranza like this.

Last edited by Noobflyer59; Aug 3, 2021 at 3:04 am
Old Aug 7, 2021, 3:22 am

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, Honors Gold
I'm having the same problem, I tried to call them but there's just a recorded message saying the line is closed
Old Aug 12, 2021, 11:51 pm
Original Poster

I decided to give this one more try. I took the screenshots and prepared very detailed report with all the relevant technical details and sent it via e-mail. And guess what I got as reply... A one-liner e-mail suggesting I should call the customer care with phone. Not really worth it. Now I just need to figure out another way to keep my BA Avios not expiring. Any suggestions?
duranza likes this.
Old Aug 14, 2021, 10:52 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Mapttn
Any suggestions?
The dedicated thread on the BA forum.

Personally, I'd probably transfer the minimum amount from Amex MR. Note that merely shipping over some Avios from IB does not count. But a points conversion from banks works. Purchasing avios outright through BA's partner points.com works, too. Again, there are numerous other options. Dig up the thread on the BA forums (I don't have it handy, otherwise I would have posted a link).
Mapttn likes this.
Old Aug 15, 2021, 2:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi,

A good starting point as suggestyed by 8mh is

Keeping my Avios from expiring

Regards

TBS
Mapttn likes this.
Old Aug 31, 2021, 6:05 am

Programs: Hilton Honors, Marriott Bonvoy, Accor, Hyatt, (Former IHG Ambassador)
Having the same problem.
Radisson website says "The frequent flyer number does not meet formatting requirements." when I try to convert radisson points to British Airways miles/avios.
Emailed radisson customer service and got a reply saying I need to double check if my BA number is incorrect.
Sigh...
duranza likes this.
Old Sep 10, 2021, 9:18 am

I've given it a try about once a week so far but have come to the conclusion that they are fully aware of the error but have no intention to fix it. Tried Flying Blue as well now, didn't work either, of course.

I don't know what they are trying to accomplish with this, but I'm very seriously considering redeeming the points for a few hotel nights and never again have anything to do with this chain. Especially since the Hilton "budget" brands Garden Inn and Hampton offer more value for money for my purposes.
duranza likes this.
Old Sep 15, 2021, 9:53 am

Programs: LFFRS BOD
Same issues here. I need to transfer the unused Radisson points to Avios..
Old Oct 14, 2021, 7:40 am

Holy....it worked for me to transfer the points to SAS Eurobonus now, without any problems!
est-gratuite likes this.
Old Oct 14, 2021, 8:24 am

Programs: LFFRS BOD
Originally Posted by Noobflyer59
Holy....it worked for me to transfer the points to SAS Eurobonus now, without any problems!
From your Rest of the World account or Americas?
Old Oct 14, 2021, 8:54 am

Originally Posted by duranza
From your Rest of the World account or Americas?
RoW, I don't have that new Americas one.

I think the last time I tried was about 3 weeks ago, still didn't work then. But today, no issues! I have only made the transfer to Eurobonus, but my feeling was the error affected all the transfers to FF programs. So I guess transfer to the other program is either already working as well, or will work soon.
But after this I will be careful not to stay at R more than necessary...
est-gratuite likes this.
Old Oct 16, 2021, 6:04 am

Looks like the problem has been finally fixed !
I was able to convert my radisson points into British Airways avios (miles).
I even got a confirmation email from radisson confirming the transfer.

Now I just have to wait for British Airways to confirm they got the points/miles..
Noobflyer59 likes this.
Old Oct 18, 2021, 4:11 am

All points had been transferred to my Eurobonus account when I checked it 2 days after I made the transfer in my Radisson account.
duranza likes this.
Old Nov 3, 2021, 3:30 pm

More than 2 weeks have passed since I did my transfer from Radisson to British Airways, but i still don't see the miles (Avios) in my BA account.
Anyone know how long the transfer takes ?

The official terms and conditions for the transfer to BA on the radisson website states the following:

"The points will be subtracted from your account at the time of request and it may take 4–6 weeks for the miles to post to your airline account."

Guess I have to wait until the start of December.

Last edited by est-gratuite; Nov 4, 2021 at 3:13 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.