Wiki Posts
Search

Problems booking standard rooms online

Search this Thread

Old Jul 14, 2020, 6:30 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Titanium -> United Silver
Problems booking standard rooms online

Near the end of June, I was able to book rooms at a lot of hotels at the standard (i.e. not premium room) rate. I know Radisson had a huge BOGO sale for points that ended 6/30, and I'm wondering if, following that sale, they eliminated a lot of the hotel availability at the standard rates. I've looked for rooms in California, New York, Texas, Asia, and South America, and have yet to come across a single hotel that has standard rooms available for points-only on several dates later in 2020 and through early 2021. Is this a temporary thing, or did Radisson do this sale knowing that they would drastically devalue the points immediately after?
Old Jul 16, 2020, 9:03 am

Yeah, this has been going on for at least a week (I posted about it on the 10th on a different thread, and I had noticed it several days before that as well); it seems clear at this point that it is not just a bug, as there's no way that it wouldn't be fixed by now. All I can say is what the hell? I have found good value with Radisson and their CC over the years, but this has deeply eroded my trust and good will towards the brand.
Brendan likes this.
Old Jul 16, 2020, 2:25 pm

Programs: KLM Gold, DL Silver
Standard rooms are not available for points, only premium. Hence the award level. I reported it a week ago, no reply.
Old Jul 16, 2020, 2:51 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver
I contacted Radisson Rewards on Twitter via DM and they claim it is a known IT issue and they are working on a fix.
I should note this was the second reply they gave me , the first one was a complete fob off.
I’m still not convinced, looks like they are trying to drive revenue bookings imo.
sdsearch and DallasEsq like this.
Old Jul 16, 2020, 10:06 pm
Original Poster

Good to know it might just be an IT issue. I thought it might have to do with the 5000 pt for every stay offer and them not wanting to award 5k points on a 9k category 1 redemption.
Brendan likes this.
Old Jul 18, 2020, 2:34 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold, Best Western Gold
Still a problem today. Can sometimes get a "points plus cash" rate, or occasionally a premium room points rate, but usually no points rates at all, period! This BETTER be an IT problem and not the "new normal!"
Old Jul 19, 2020, 7:31 am

I really wish one of the major bloggers with influence would start to cover this issue to put some pressure on Radisson. It has been nearly a month. It would be a complete gutting of the program and even the 40k per year for the credit card annual fee would become a waste of money.
britbronco22 likes this.
Old Jul 19, 2020, 4:02 pm
Original Poster

I just cancelled my CC. Unless I'm going somewhere with a Category 1 hotel, I can't even get a $60 room with the annual point gift. It's sad how quickly they went from possibly the most generous program, with BOGO rooms when redeeming points as a CC holder, to an almost worthless one.
Old Jul 20, 2020, 9:21 pm

Programs: WN A+, AA, HYATT DIAMOND, SPG
CHINESE owned. What do you expect!?

We'll see if it's a devaluation or they are just driving revenue stays by temporarily having an IT bug.
Happy likes this.
Old Jul 21, 2020, 11:38 am

Originally Posted by mile ho
CHINESE owned. What do you expect!?

We'll see if it's a devaluation or they are just driving revenue stays by temporarily having an IT bug.
But then, it is going to kill their 5000 points/stay promo as people before jumping on it, would go ahead and check the redemption rates at properties, and will see 42000 points rate for a $100 room.
Old Jul 21, 2020, 11:53 am

Programs: Wyndham Diamond
Loyalty Lobby just posted about this. Radisson spokesperson said you can call in to book a standard award room. Would love to see if their call center people are really able to find standard award redemption.

Radisson Rewards has identified a system issue that is limiting standard award night from being displayed on the website. In the meantime, members can call the call center directly at 1.800.333.3333 where they can find the full inventory of room redemption options, including standard nights. Radisson Rewards continues to be focused on delivering exceptional value to members.

https://loyaltylobby.com/2020/07/21/...ilable-online/
Brendan likes this.
Old Jul 22, 2020, 7:10 pm

Originally Posted by happychic
Loyalty Lobby just posted about this. Radisson spokesperson said you can call in to book a standard award room. Would love to see if their call center people are really able to find standard award redemption.

https://loyaltylobby.com/2020/07/21/...ilable-online/

Have the furloughed all of their IT people? Jesus, the chain is losing money because of this bug.
Brendan likes this.
Old Jul 25, 2020, 8:19 pm

Apparently RadissonRewards twitter feed is dead since April 7, and it does feel like there's no-one on the customer service side. Oh-oh, are they going bonkers?
Old Jul 27, 2020, 3:54 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by iggyray
Apparently RadissonRewards twitter feed is dead since April 7, and it does feel like there's no-one on the customer service side. Oh-oh, are they going bonkers?
They still answer DMs
Brendan likes this.
Old Jul 27, 2020, 4:44 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Starwood Gold
When I called to book a standard room, it indeed seemed possible. Then I called back at 4:05 PM Pacific time to lock it in, and the call center was closed. The booking was for that night. I used Hilton points instead.
Brendan and happychic like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.