Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Is there any RHG properties that is good?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 2, 2020, 11:59 am
Original Poster

Is there any RHG properties that is good?

I have Radisson Reward points but I never get to use them at any decent properties in the US. First their foot print is not large then whatever they have are very low rated.

As a family traveler, I look at Country Inn but whether it is in San Diego at its sorroundings or around Orlando or at other US cities, the properties have very low ratings , looks so bad.
I end up staying at Hyatt, Hilton properties and never at any country inns.

Any idea what's been happening?
Old Jan 2, 2020, 1:43 pm

They just added two new New York properties recently.
Minneapolis mall of America is nice too, and so is Chicago.
Old Jan 2, 2020, 10:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Sherab Sherab
I have Radisson Reward points but I never get to use them at any decent properties in the US. First their foot print is not large then whatever they have are very low rated.

As a family traveler, I look at Country Inn but whether it is in San Diego at its sorroundings or around Orlando or at other US cities, the properties have very low ratings , looks so bad.
I end up staying at Hyatt, Hilton properties and never at any country inns.

Any idea what's been happening?
Maybe you're looking in the wrong places. I like the Country Inn & Suites near SNA airport in Orange County, CA, with its cooked-to-order breakfast, and TripAdvisor gives it a good review, rating it #5 of 24 hotels in Santa Ana, ranked above a Holiday Inn Express and above a Courtyard and above a Hampton and above an Embassy Suites,

So while they're not all good, there are some good ones.

However, it's probably more worth earning points than using points at that particular property. So while I do find some decent RHG properties in the USA (most often Country Inn & Suites), they're usually cheap enough that's more worth earning than burning. So I save my Radisson points for use overseas just once every so many years.
Old Jan 5, 2020, 6:15 am

Programs: DL PM - IC RA - HHonors Gold - Hertz Gold - AA - US - CO - Choice Privileges
The higher end Radisson properties are in Europe. The promos for the point bookings and credit card bookings were better at one point and in turn the stays were better at one point. The 9000 point hotels aren't a bad option and lucky me one of the cities I frequent has a 9000 point hotel. $31.50 a night equivalent for a room with the 100% bonus point purchase (once a year or so). But I digress, I have some 600,000 points and plan on a visit to Europe where the rooms are in the $500 range (high season) and the point rooms are in the 70,000 point range. A week in London at the May Fair in high season on a point stay! In the USA IHG and Hilton are often the better options both for quality of the hotels and quality of the loyalty program value.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.