Wiki Posts
Search

Elite perks

Search this Thread

Old Nov 4, 2019, 4:47 am
Original Poster

Programs: FlyingBlue, TheCard, ClubCarlson
Elite perks

I have been Gold for quite a few years now and in the team i work in i am the only one with Radisson, the rest is Hilton and i'm kind of doubting to go for a status match. The upgrades rarely happen, certainly without "hinting" at check in and the last few welcome gifts i received were 2 bottled filled with tap water. (welcome Gold guest, here's some tap water". Not one venue, this happened all over (Prague, Bratislava, Zurich).

What's your experience as an "Elite guest"? Are my expectations off?

This is not a request to rant or bash, i am sincere in stating "should i stay or..."
Old Nov 4, 2019, 4:59 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
None of the mid-level hotel statuses are worth very much these days. Many of them come with certain credit cards, so the market is flooded. I doubt you will get any further special treatment at Hilton as a Gold member than you currently do at Radisson.
Old Nov 4, 2019, 7:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
You should definitely move to Hilton, Marriott or Hyatt.

Radisson Rewards is a joke and a waste of time. Hilton Gold isn't necessarily going to "wow" you, but you can 100% count on free breakfast and reasonable upgrades in continental Europe and especially in Asia.

Marriott and Hyatt are much better, but you need to put in the nights to get to the top tier.
YYZ_tatlflyer likes this.
Old Nov 9, 2019, 6:05 am

Programs: aeroplan
I’m a Radisson Platinum and Hilton Diamond. Hilton is much better for upgrades and breakfast is for both guests in NA. Welcome gift is slightly better for Radisson. Hilton is way better for using points due to their larger number of properties. Radisson tends to have better point promos.
Martijn likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.