Wiki Posts
Search

Is Gold Rewards Worth It?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 7, 2003, 6:03 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Exxon Mobil Supertanker, WN Double Peanut, Accor Golden Cockroach
Is Gold Rewards Worth It?

Just reserved a $69 rate at the Radisson, New London CT. While I was at it, I joined the program. I noticed the amount of posts (or lack of) regarding the program.

So, is it worth it? I'm currently HH Diamond and MR Platinum (going down to Gold in 2004).
Old Dec 9, 2003, 2:09 pm

No.
Old Dec 9, 2003, 6:50 pm

Location: SoCal; DO-RAGS: Old Gold tagged, PIP, LatPass 1/2, AA 4MM, HH LT Diamond, Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, Omni
As a hotel program, likely no. As a shopping portal, not too bad.
Old Dec 12, 2003, 8:12 am

Location: ORF & AUS; I have an ex-wife and and an ex-house in both cities.
Programs: AA Gold, DL GM, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold
It is worth joining for two reasons. I rarely stay at a Radisson, but I figure I might as well get SOMETHING when I do.

1. You get 500 points a quarter for updating your E-mail address.

2. If you eat at a TGI Friday's you can earn points.

I have my account set up so that it automatically tranfers to Advantage miles every 1000 Goldpoints I earn. A couple of airport meals and and an E-mail update and I get AA miles.
Old Dec 14, 2003, 12:22 am

As noted above. You can update your profile every 3 months which can be used for NW's Fly Free Faster promo's

------------------
Sorry mama I gots to get all the free miles I can.

Brian
Old Dec 16, 2003, 7:54 pm

How long does it take for the points to post for updating your e-mail address? Updated last evening and the points still havn't posted.

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by dbmaury:
It is worth joining for two reasons. I rarely stay at a Radisson, but I figure I might as well get SOMETHING when I do.

1. You get 500 points a quarter for updating your E-mail address.

2. If you eat at a TGI Friday's you can earn points.

I have my account set up so that it automatically tranfers to Advantage miles every 1000 Goldpoints I earn. A couple of airport meals and and an E-mail update and I get AA miles.
</font>
Old Dec 17, 2003, 11:21 am

Location: ORF & AUS; I have an ex-wife and and an ex-house in both cities.
Programs: AA Gold, DL GM, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by aceflyer2:
How long does it take for the points to post for updating your e-mail address? Updated last evening and the points still havn't posted.

</font>

It should happen instantly. You actually have to change the E-mail address for the points to appear. I switch between my work and home one. You can opt of all E-mail communication when you do it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.