Search

Any use for 6500 orphaned points?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 5, 2003, 10:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Jumbo mas
Any use for 6500 orphaned points?

I can't seem to locate any use for these, and I don't belong to the 3 airline programs that would give me a paltry 500 mi for these. Maybe there's something I didn't find or not aware of? Thanks.
Old Feb 5, 2003, 1:19 pm
Sig

Transfer them to Diners for 500 points, then convert to 1000 BA miles if Diners does the 2:1 deal again this summer?
Old Feb 5, 2003, 5:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

I was not aware there was a Diners (inbound) transfer option.
Old Feb 5, 2003, 6:46 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Eastbay1K:
I don't belong to the 3 airline programs that would give me a paltry 500 mi for these. </font>
If you joined the program through Radisson (and even if you didn't, you can sign up through Radisson now and transfer points from your old account into the new one), your airline selection is much better. You can choose between Air Canada, America West, American, Asiana, British Airways, Cathay Pacific, Continental, Delta, EL AL, Gulf Air, Icelandair, Latin Pass, Mexicana, Midwest Express, Northwest, United, and US Airways. Plus, your exchange rate is a tad better (8:1), and while they officially say that the minimum amount is 4,000 points --&gt; 500 miles, my experience says that they do it in 2,000 point increments each yielding 250 miles, so you probably can trade 6,000 points into 750 miles on any of the airlines listed above.

Alternative use of your points would be for appetizers or desserts at TGIFridays - 1,250 points turns into a free appetizer or dessert up to $8 in value.
Old Feb 5, 2003, 7:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Ok, I will have to "sleep on it" - my choices are cramps at TGIF, or 750 miles in an account that has over 700,000 in Chapter 11. Thanks for the input. I didn't know the other airlines still existed as award options.
Old Feb 6, 2003, 1:06 pm

Programs: AA PLT (1MM); SPG GLD
Keep in mind that you can earn 500 GoldPoints every 90 days by updating your profile. (Log in and click on "My Account" for details).

It's pretty unlikely that they'll devalue anymore, so you could keep the points for now and grow them slowly before deciding what to do.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.