Wiki Posts
Search

Goldpoints This Holiday Season; Ghost Town

Search this Thread

Old Dec 27, 2002, 5:27 am
Original Poster

Goldpoints This Holiday Season; Ghost Town

A couple random thoughts:

1. About this time last year I was using the Goldpoints web site ALOT for sweet deals on Hickory Farms, gift certificates via Hallmark.com and of course magazine subscriptions via valumags.com - in the process I spent alot of money and earned hundreds of thousands of Goldpoints. However, as far as this year's holiday shopping goes I once again checked out the Goldpoints portal and didn't find one single vendor or good deal that caught my eye. My, how things can change in the span of a year.

2. Since the good deals have disappeared and of course since Radisson changed their redemption levels last spring this Radisson/GoldPoints board has become a virtual ghost town - often only one or two posts in a week.
Old Dec 29, 2002, 9:38 pm
ALW

True, but I'm having a great time burning off these points at Radisson properties! Of course that's better for them than airline miles, but I do find a certain clean simplicity in just looking for the nearest Radisson to a location, rather than hunting and price shopping.

andrew
Old Jan 25, 2003, 6:02 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold, SPG & IHG Plat, & every airline program that I can join
After all the problems last spring with Goldpoints, we even stopped eating at TGI Fridays the usual 2-3 times a week. I now hit the IDine listed resturants for the 11 or 12 miles per dollar (depending on the card), no hassles, phone calls, emails, begging,pleading and points moving in& out of accounts . What a difference a year makes, but it was really exciting times back then, right gang?
Judy J
Old Jan 26, 2003, 8:07 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA- Lifetime Platinum; Marriott - Lifetime Platinum: Starwood - Gold; IHG - Platinum
Yes, it was exciting! We hit the jackpot! I am looking forward to the next windfall altho I know it won't be with goldpoints.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.