Wiki Posts
Search

Comments re. Gold Rewards for Inside Flyer

Search this Thread

Old Sep 19, 2002, 11:01 am
Original Poster

Comments re. Gold Rewards for Inside Flyer

Gold Rewards Members:

Any comments, questions, concerns about the Gold Rewards program?
We're looking to run a review in the November edition of Inside Flyer, and would love to have your input.
Post here, or email me at [email protected].

Many thanks,

Jeff Johnstone
Associate Editor
Inside Flyer
Old Sep 23, 2002, 3:46 pm

GoIrish: Since you firsted posted this subject over 4 days ago perhaps you've received several emails directly with people's inputs about Gold Rewards (but I doubt it), however I think the fact that there has yet to be ONE reply on this thread speaks volumes about people's apathy/lukewarm feelings about Gold Rewards in its current form. Just my 2 cents...
Old Sep 23, 2002, 5:44 pm

Dealing with Radisson is like having the plague, only without the good parts.

The seem to be completely without morals, ethics, or competance. A motivated group out to destroy a loyalty program could not have done a better job that the people running this (alleged) one.
Old Sep 26, 2002, 10:56 am
Suspended

Programs: I do this for a living.
Don't mince words, Ken, tell us how you really feel!

-Otto
Old Sep 26, 2002, 11:40 am
Original Member

Programs: AA Platinum, AS, UA, DL, HHonors Gold, Marriott LTP, Hyatt, IHG Platinum
Have to agree with Ken on this one. Their handling of the ValueMags fiasco sunk this program. There is absolutely no redeeming qualities of the GoldRewards program...NONE! They get an F for customer service and with the recent changes to point earning/redemption opportunities, they get an F for that too!
Old Sep 26, 2002, 2:07 pm
ALW

I thought they handled ValueMags fairly well but they undid all the goodwill from that (and much much more!) when the retroactively devalued our GoldPoints by 50% after telling their phone agents to tell us it wouldn't happen.

Now I discover (as posted in another thread) that their FlexNight double-price award, which is advertised on their site as being the same as Starwood's regular awards, is only good for the first 90% of the rooms!

I give them Z-

andrew
Old Sep 27, 2002, 5:23 pm
ALW

I think the fact that no one really seems to care that Radisson's website lies about its FlexNights awards (as I posted in another thread) also speaks volumes.

andrew
Old Sep 27, 2002, 8:19 pm

Radisson has a loyalty program? News to me. I did not think they were interested in recurring business-people's business...

Old Sep 30, 2002, 5:02 pm
donbinder

Not only is the program nothing - but just stayed in Mobile and the service from the front desk check-in was the worst I've had at any chain...The hotel has been permitted to age inside the rooms and the hallways are poor. Although I go to Mobile frequently, that is the first and last time I'll ever stay at the Radisson. Back to the Adams Mark - if I need to be right downtown!

Old Oct 1, 2002, 1:22 am

Sorry, Jeff, the level of frustration is so high here, no one is even willing to assist Inside Flyer - a thing unheard of.
So I'll try to lay out some facts and history (but you'd really need to read last 12 month worth of posts)

1. In my experience Radisson hotel are fine properties in North America, and an excellent properties in Europe.
2. Standard earnings are 1000 Gold points per night up to 10 nights per stay. Bonuses do exist, they range between 2000 and 5000 points per stay. Another bonus for year 2002 gives 1000 bonus points per stay for stays #3-#10 .
3. The redemption levels are very high, 20,000 points for the cheapest property.
4. Gold points can be exchanged for airline partner miles at the rate 8:1
5. Hotel redemptions are available only in North America. I tried really hard to find why, but got nothing but silly talk about "tax complications" - like I'm a kid and Starwood, Hilton and other do not exist.
6. Elite program allegedly exists, but NOT DOCUMENTED.

The behavior of their management ranges from disjointed to dysfunctional. It used to be a quiet small program till some time last year when they connected it with a shopping portal, introduced Visa card and run a lot of promotions, airline exchange was 4:1 then. Everyone knew about them by December, they were well on the way to become a major player.
But, one of the promotions - holiday triple points for shopping - proved to be too generous, so they tried to renege on it.
After more then 3 months of the ugliest argument on Flyertalk they finally granted all the earned. A lot of people redeemed for miles immediately, but some silly stoic souls remained.

Do you think these people became loyal customers and stayed with Radisson ever after?
You wish. Effective May, 1st they changed airline ratio to 8:1 WITHOUT PRIOR NOTICE. Later they allowed one time 4:1 exchange during the month of May. So, everyone run for an exit.

That's why this forum is a ghost town. People who run it from Carlson Marketing must be fired, program scrapped and re-created later under the different name.

Amen.
Old Oct 1, 2002, 10:00 am

Programs: AA PLT 2MM
Pioneers in the customer dis-service field... maybe the airlines consulted with them before adopting this fall's "the customer is the enemy" philosophy?
Old Oct 10, 2002, 2:34 pm

here is another good one. there are no maps nor any convenient ways to determine where the nearest property is to a place you are travling too or through. inexcusable. i'm definately not playing Carlton's version of Where in the World is Carmen San Diego (and where can he stay the night)?, by scurring through an atlas to find where every town that has a hotel is located within a state.

if they can't even do this reasonable function (heck, taco bell even lets me see where their stores are if i input any address in the nation), is it any wonder they screw their rewards program up?
Old Oct 15, 2002, 10:37 pm
ALW

teammjs, for me it's worse than that. Try looking for all their properties in Ontario Canada. You get a long list of cities and towns, but when chosen, most of them turn out to be the same five properties in the GTA (Greater Toronto Area)!

andrew

[This message has been edited by Andrew Webber (edited 10-15-2002).]
Old Oct 16, 2002, 5:39 am

Had an experience this weekend with a gold pts reward cert. for Country Inn&Suites.
I gave my daughter and son-in-law a room with the reward for there honeymoon Saturday night.
When we arrived late 10pm the room was clean and bathroom clean but there was trash on the desks. Used water bottles and juicy boxes and cracker papers.
The couple was tired so we cleaned it up. But when I went down to leave I reported it to the desk. Not a mention if we wanted another room. I did not appreciate that so I emailed them.
The manager called me on Monday. He gave me an apology and said he would look into it and there is no way I should have used my reward pts for the stay or pay for the stay. He then said he would give me back the 15k pts and thanked me for our patronage. The pts are in my account already. I have never used Radisson hotels but we do enjoy Country inns and believe this was an expection. We have had great stays in Florida and in Williamsburg.
I did appreciate his fast service.
Donna
Old Oct 17, 2002, 10:29 am

as an update, i gave them the benefit of the doubt and called to ask about available properties on a major highway between 2 major cities (i initially tried the web). the CS agent couldn't be of any help either, and seemed to think my request was bizarre!!

unless you give them specific names of cities/towns/suburbs (and know them off the top of your head) you're SOL with Carlson. if they can't even do this right, and based on the Goldpoints fiasco noted here, why would anyone trust them to provide good service?

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by teammjs:
here is another good one. there are no maps nor any convenient ways to determine where the nearest property is to a place you are travling too or through. inexcusable. i'm definately not playing Carlton's version of Where in the World is Carmen San Diego (and where can he stay the night)?, by scurring through an atlas to find where every town that has a hotel is located within a state.

if they can't even do this reasonable function (heck, taco bell even lets me see where their stores are if i input any address in the nation), is it any wonder they screw their rewards program up?
</font>

[This message has been edited by teammjs (edited 10-17-2002).]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.