Wiki Posts
Search

Radisson still a good program...

Search this Thread

Old Jul 17, 2002, 8:13 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Radisson still a good program...

I think Radisson is one of the best hotel programs, if you're interested in getting AWARDS of free hotel nights, at low "prices", which you can actually call up, reserve and use. I think the 3 Tier properties might be overpriced, and the 1 tier properties aren't very interesting, but there are some AMAZING values in the Tier 2 properties... imagine, only 20,000 or 30,000 POINTS for a free night in Waikiki, JFK Airport, Acapulco, Miami, Boca Raton, Washington DC, and lots more... I joined, and with a few minor simple bonuses, after just 3 stays, I had 50,000 points... Not a bad deal...
An ever better deal are their partners "Country Inn", and "Park Inn", where you can stay free for only 15,000 POINTs per night... Some of those awards can even be redeemed abroad, but i'm told you may have to get a certificate in the mail first...
Jim
Old Jul 18, 2002, 2:06 am

Could you please share with us "few minor simple bonuses" ? From publicly know information after the latest eraption in May regular earnings are 1000 GPs per night, plus till the end of 2002 bonus 1000 GPs per night. So it must've taken you 25 nights to earn 50K points, maybe bit less if you picked some one-time 2000 per stay bonuses.
Still, nothing to write home (or FlyerTalk) about. O, yes, I failed to mention their mysterious undocumented (!) elite program, that allegedly gives you more 1000 GP's per night.
Old Jul 19, 2002, 1:10 pm
Suspended

Programs: HH Diamond, SPG Gold, PC Platinum Ambassador, Marriott Silver
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by flyrights:
I joined, and with a few minor simple bonuses, after just 3 stays, I had 50,000 points.</font>
As my kids would say, "yeah, right!" Please share your secrets.
Old Jul 22, 2002, 4:48 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Sorry for the delay in responding... I admit I don't know how the program has changed recently, but here's what I did about a year ago:
I joined and got I think 5,000 sign up bonus.
Stay three times, pay with AMEX bonus, get 10,000 points. Plus, Amex cardholders got 4,000 points PER stay.
Simultanious promotion with AAA: stay twice at AAA rates, I think I got 5,000 bonus. I think I also got 2,000 per stay, plus some more points for a few charges..
Stay twice at Radisson Scotsdale, get 10,000 points, (april 2001);
AFter fifth stay, get 10,000 points;
Online survey, 1000 points;
update email online: 500 points;
Jan-March 2001: first stay 2,000 points, second and third stay 6,000 points each stay.
I found it to be very generous, and 20,000 points for a free night at the Radisson JFK airport is a great value...which I redeemed recently.
Jim

Old Jul 24, 2002, 9:09 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Posted by flyrights:
I admit I don't know how the program has changed recently, but here's what I did about a year ago...</font>
You can't turn the clock back. Goldpoints was never a well managed program, after the changes it's a lousy program.
Enjoy Radisson/Goldpoints - I prefer Hilton and Starwood!
BTW, some Radissons are nice (Antwerp), others, like Radisson-SAS Hamburg, are run down and somewhat dirty.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.