Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Radisson Rewards launched

Search this Thread

Old Apr 14, 2018, 3:22 am

Location: In a plane over Europe; I mean in the back of a plane over Europe !!!
Programs: HHonors, Scandic, Priority Club, Marriott, AF/KL FB, BAEC, AB TB, LH M&M
I had similar problem, never received my new password. I used the chat functionality and I was told the mail can be sent only to yahoo or gmail accounts. A bit of nonsense but I gave it a try and I got the reset password.

Give it a try
Old Apr 15, 2018, 1:27 pm

Originally Posted by vincewy
Confirmed in the welcome package as well:
Old Apr 17, 2018, 1:41 am
Fyd

Programs: UA GS, SQ PPS, IHG Plat Amb, Marriot Gold, Hilton Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by _kurt
The upgrade language for Radisson Rewards reads:

This is similar, if not the same, as the old Club Carlson language. But as Gold I've experienced a 100% rate of being upgraded to a Business Class room at Radisson Blu properties. For some reason I had convinced myself that it was explicitly written somewhere that at Blu properties a Business Class upgrade was guaranteed (subject to availability). Did I completely imagine that? Has anything changed?
I don't remember the differentiation between preferred room for Silver/Gold and room category upgrade for Platinum before. I'm pretty sure it was a flat "upgrade" and I did get at least 70% of the time an upgrade to Business Class rooms (including breakfast)...
So, I'd call this a devaluation of Gold benefits..
I think small programs like RadRewards have to do a lot more to attract guests to their loyalty program - or it makes more sense to just book through OTA and give up on their elite program...upgrades, free breakfast, lounge access are the biggies for me...
Sisyphus1carus likes this.
Old Apr 19, 2018, 11:31 am
Original Poster

Programs: SAS EBS / *A Silver, Hilton Diamond, Radisson VIP, IHG Platinum Ambassador
Actually there was a differentiation (at least in 2017) - Silvers/Golds should get preferred view, recently renovated room, etc. (i.e. not a real upgrade, just better room in the category they booked), while Concierge members should get the best available room (up to standard suites). In practice, Silvers/Golds still sometimes got real upgrades - remarkably, I once got huge executive suite at RB Wroclaw when I was just a silver. As gold, I get real upgrade approximately 50% of times (some of them quite good) but sometimes it's nothing.
Old Apr 20, 2018, 5:11 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver,, Oman Air Gold
Originally Posted by Fyd
I think small programs like RadRewards have to do a lot more to attract guests to their loyalty program - or it makes more sense to just book through OTA and give up on their elite program...upgrades, free breakfast, lounge access are the biggies for me...
This is spot on. Next week I am taking my bf on a surprise quick trip to Rome. I managed to get a Business Class room with breakfast at the Radisson Blu Es for £149 on booking.com whereas on the RR website for The Radisson Blu Es in Rome it was offering me a standard room without breakfast for £169 (!). It was silly to even consider using the RR website to book just for a thousand or so goldpoints.

I was staying over 30 nights previously and have been Concierge for years. But even as Concierge I only got one upgrade out of three previous stays at this hotel so my chances as Gold are slim I reckon.

Now I’ve soft landed to Gold have burned my points and have only this stay next week and one further stay in a Park Plaza in Bangkok in December. RR really need to make the programme more attractive and for me that would need to include reinstating the 2for1 and 4for2 stays. That was the programme’s USP and main benefit. Now I choose my hotel on cost and location whereas before I would default almost automatically to a Club Carlson hotel.

And the quarterly promotions don’t really cut the mustard either in my opinion.
Old Apr 21, 2018, 11:20 am

Programs: AA EP; WN CP;UA SILVER; MARRIOTT TITANIUM; HH DIAMOND; IHG PLAT; RADISSON PLAT; HYATT GLOBAL
Originally Posted by CoweyB

This is spot on. Next week I am taking my bf on a surprise quick trip to Rome. I managed to get a Business Class room with breakfast at the Radisson Blu Es for £149 on booking.com whereas on the RR website for The Radisson Blu Es in Rome it was offering me a standard room without breakfast for £169 (!). It was silly to even consider using the RR website to book just for a thousand or so goldpoints.

I was staying over 30 nights previously and have been Concierge for years. But even as Concierge I only got one upgrade out of three previous stays at this hotel so my chances as Gold are slim I reckon.

Now I’ve soft landed to Gold have burned my points and have only this stay next week and one further stay in a Park Plaza in Bangkok in December. RR really need to make the programme more attractive and for me that would need to include reinstating the 2for1 and 4for2 stays. That was the programme’s USP and main benefit. Now I choose my hotel on cost and location whereas before I would default almost automatically to a Club Carlson hotel.

And the quarterly promotions don’t really cut the mustard either in my opinion.
Did you consider doing a BRG? I have had good results everytime I submit one, you do have to hand fill in a paper format, scan and email it.
Old Apr 22, 2018, 11:38 am

Programs: BAEC Silver,, Oman Air Gold
Originally Posted by ORD-TGU
Did you consider doing a BRG? I have had good results everytime I submit one, you do have to hand fill in a paper format, scan and email it.
too late now as the OTA booking is non refundable. I had forgotten- will try next time.
Old May 1, 2018, 10:05 am

Programs: AA EP; WN CP;UA SILVER; MARRIOTT TITANIUM; HH DIAMOND; IHG PLAT; RADISSON PLAT; HYATT GLOBAL
This is news to me, checked in at my usual CI&S. I was given a suite upgrade (this happens almost 100% of the time at this property) and I was asked if I wanted my gift bag (Water, chips or granola ar) or 1,000 welcome points. I took the points.

Is this something new for the Radisson Rewards (like Marriott)? I would rather get points than just bottled water and Doritos.
Old May 1, 2018, 10:08 am

This is news to me, checked in at my usual CI&S. I was given a suite upgrade (this happens almost 100% of the time at this property) and I was asked if I wanted my gift bag (Water, chips or granola ar) or 1,000 welcome points. I took the points.

Is this something new for the Radisson Rewards (like Marriott)? Or just a new benefit from the property?

I would rather get points than just bottled water and Doritos.
Old May 4, 2018, 12:46 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
I quit RR already before it became RR and I am now some kind of soft-landed Silver with orphane points and no stays in last 13 months. I really hope a once good program makes a come-back after they realize how much they have lost in the recent changes going downhill
Old May 5, 2019, 7:51 am

I've had the Club Carlson card (including the signup bonus) for 4 years or so and slowly gaining the anniversary points up until using much of the points last year on a Scandinavia vacation. The various Norwegian Rad Blu hotels were very good, with breakfasts included as just upgrades as some of the best buffet breakfasts we've ever had. The Radisson Blu in Trondheim included an excellent upgraded room with the best smoked salmon I've ever had in any breakfast. I'd thought Gold included breakfast, but looks like in actuality not - just a property thing.
Breakfast is the 2nd most important thing for me behind sleep quality for hotels.

Very recently I stayed in a Radisson at Colorado Springs for work, and while the breakfast couldn't hold a candle to the European ones, it was better than average for US hotel breakfasts.
Old May 6, 2019, 6:19 am

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy LTTE, HH Dia, HY Expl
@pc95....glad to hear you had such good experiences in Scandinavia with Radisson. In general they seem to be the best hotel chain in that area of the world. As for your stay in the US....well....Radisson isn't exactly known for it's quality properties here other than a small handful of better Radisson branded properties and the new/better CI&S that serve the mid-scale/budget segment.
Old May 6, 2019, 1:53 pm

Programs: Air: QR Silver. BA Silver Emirates, Hotels: CC Gold, IHG Spire AMB, Hilton Diamond.
Radisson really need to take a look at their pricing vs third party sites. They should be offering their own products at a lower cost than third parties can ! This is the biggest issue really. We are disinsentivized to go direct to Radisson !!

The 2-4-1 was a HUGE loss to me. It would be great if it were to come back as a promo now and then.

I feel that a hat-tip to the Gold's would have been nice, offering perhaps free continental breakfast or a guaranteed decent discount on breakfast.
Old May 13, 2019, 1:16 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by christianj
@pc95....glad to hear you had such good experiences in Scandinavia with Radisson. In general they seem to be the best hotel chain in that area of the world. As for your stay in the US....well....Radisson isn't exactly known for it's quality properties here other than a small handful of better Radisson branded properties and the new/better CI&S that serve the mid-scale/budget segment.
I too have had excellent experiences with Radisson in Scandinavia, especially in Norway. One of the areas in which I find Radisson to be the strongest in fact is cities in Europe that aren't the largest ones. Once you get beyond London and Paris etc. Radisson is easily the best choice.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.