Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Radisson International | Radisson Rewards
Reload this Page >

Radisson Blu or Radisson (was Park Inn now Radisson Red) at Oslo Airport?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Radisson Blu or Radisson (was Park Inn now Radisson Red) at Oslo Airport?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 2, 2019, 1:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Any reports on the Park Inn West? Seems to be an older property serviced by a shuttle, but rates are half what the Radisson Blu and Park Inn OSL charge.
Old Oct 5, 2019, 7:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by Shareholder
Odd that QR gave out the soft case amenity kits on both your segments and no PJs?
Glad you enjoyed the report Shareholder! I've come to expect the amenity kits to be almost completely random on QR - they don't seem to be consistent at all as to which flights get which bags. They are, however, fairly consistent on PJs and slippers - they're only available on night flights.
Old Nov 24, 2019, 1:51 am

So if you get upgraded to a Junior Suite at the PI OSL as Gold, is breakfast included?
Old Nov 27, 2019, 4:37 am

Programs: Club Carlson Gold, AMEX Platinum, EBG
Originally Posted by R.O.
So if you get upgraded to a Junior Suite at the PI OSL as Gold, is breakfast included?
Often it does, I always ask if I can have a free breakfast, so far i've never lucked out.
R.O. likes this.
Old Mar 17, 2020, 1:27 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Park Inn Oslo Airport

Stay Report - 3/9 to 3/10

Location: The hotel is an easy walk from OSL. It's not as close as the Radisson Blu but the entire walk is covered and there's a big stash of luggage carts right in front of the hotel.

Hotel: The hotel itself is quite new and modern feeling and is very brightly lit. There's a restaurant just off the lobby as well as a small store there too. There's also a nice common area with a large shuffleboard table.

Check In: As with most Park Inns the staff pushed adding breakfast on pretty hard but otherwise it was a pleasant interaction.

Room: A bit odd. It was well lit but the art choices were strange and like most Park Inns it was very bare bones. There's no bar soap or bottles of shampoo, conditioner or bath gel in the bathroom, just a combination soap/shampoo dispenser in the shower for example and the bed only has two pillows. Still the bed was comfortable and there a decent sized work space.

If I had a longer stay I'd probably be at the Radisson Blu but if you just need a place to sleep for a few hours this hotel works very well.
Old Mar 18, 2020, 9:46 am
Suspended

@OSL since both are on airport and wakable if just for 1 night Id save the pts or $ and stay at The Park Inn, however @ ZRH where I usually stayed on airport at The Rad Blu the last time I tried the PI and next time bet the 2 Id pay up (pts) and stay at The Rad Blu. The PI is near the airport, free shuttle both ways (wasnt for awhile) but if you miss the shuttle as I did you have a nice wait till the next one. However Hyatt it seems opened 2 props on airport slightly longer walk then The Rad Blu so maybe if its cheaper Id stay there. I also didnt care much for the shower that was in the room rather then a bathroom
Old Nov 20, 2021, 10:18 am

I really cannot recommend the Radisson Oslo Airport.

Please expect nothing, because that is exactly what you get.

As Radisson Gold I booked a superior room with runway view. These rooms should include an espresso machine.

What I got was a very dark room without espresso machine. No welcome treatment, no bottle of water, no upgrade. Nothing. At front desk I was told that the Espresso machine were out of order…

It really looks like the hotel is not interested in loyality…

I wont come back.
Old Sep 23, 2022, 2:23 pm

Programs: BA GfL & GGL, FB Platinum, MB Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Doing a trip next month starting from OSL to take advantage of the good QR fares so researching airport hotels and found this thread.

It seems that the Park Inn is now a regular Radisson.

Question: Both the Radisson and Radisson Blu seem to be at opposite sides of the airport. I assume (hope) that both are clearly signposted in the terminal as I wouldn’t want to end up going the wrong way especially after landing very late at night?

Thanks
Old Sep 24, 2022, 6:02 am

Programs: EB Silver, Bonvoy Gold
Radisson Blu is literally across the street when coming out of the bag claim area, head to the right. Radisson Red (former Park Inn) is a couple of hundred meters to the left. Nice, quite new hotel with fancy rooms. However, I prefer the Blu when arriving late because of proximity.
MaxFlyer and gadberry like this.
Old Sep 24, 2022, 6:55 am

Programs: BA GfL & GGL, FB Platinum, MB Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Thank you for the info.

The price difference between the two hotels and that I just need somewhere to sleep meant that I couldn’t justify the Blu.
Old Dec 23, 2023, 2:15 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Radisson Red Oslo Airport stay report - November 2023

Having stayed at Radisson Red twice last month I thought some updated info and photos might be useful.

As already mentioned there is a covered walkway between the terminal and the hotel. The start of the walkway near the terminal was a little icy when I arrived for my first stay but it took me 6 minutes to walk to the hotel entrance with luggage. The last 10-15 metres before the hotel entrance is not covered.

Standard rooms are perfectly fine for one person with a king bed, a coffee machine, a stocked fridge (didn’t check the price list), a safe, an iron and ironing board. The hotel has obviously been refurbished since 2020. There are self check-in/check-out machines by the reception. I used one for checking out but self check-in may not work if they need to see your ID/passport. There is a gym though I didn’t use it.

I had one light evening meal and one breakfast in the restaurant during my two stays. Food price wasn’t too exorbitant if you avoided or limited the amount of alcoholic drinks. Breakfast is not sumptuous but fine especially if you like Scandinavian breakfast with lots of pickled and smoked fish. I don’t have any status but members get a 10% discount in the restaurant.

I haven’t stayed at Radisson Blu OSL and can’t compare the two but Radisson Red is perfectly fine for me for an overnight stay between flights.

Hotel entrance after snow

Hotel entrance in better weather

Standard king bedroom

Entrance to the restaurant

Restaurant

Restaurant

happychic likes this.
Old Feb 10, 2024, 3:21 pm

Programs: LH Sen, Hilton Diamond
Stayed in the Radisson Blu for one night earlier this week.. Arriving late, despite not having status I was upgraded from the booked superior room to a suite. This was a large sitting room with a large bedroom behind a movable curtain.
With an outside temperature of -10°C I was glad to have a very short exposed walk from the terminal to the covered walkway to reception.
The choice at breakfast was excellent. especially the herrings and salmon.
After checkout the next morning I left my bag at the hotel, took a train into Oslo, and returned later to collect the bag for my flight.
A very convenient airport hotel.

Last edited by tem123; Feb 10, 2024 at 3:28 pm
Old Feb 21, 2024, 12:17 pm

So the Radisson Red OSL has no minibar price list?

There is no printed menu, nothing on the TV, and the QR code on the desk leads you to the restaurant and bar menu only. Ridiculous.

The room is fine, certainly better than last time I stayed at the sister property (which existed prior to the Red's opening). Although, the bathroom could have been cleaned better. Seeing some hairs and such.

Finally, no status recognition whatsoever as Premium. CI agent mentioned that I part-payed with points so my membership no. is in their PMS.

Fine for a night. But I feel validated in my approach to avoid Radisson stays as much as possible.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.