Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Radisson International | Radisson Rewards
Reload this Page >

Can you threaten to cancel your Club Carlson card to get bonus points after last year

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Can you threaten to cancel your Club Carlson card to get bonus points after last year

Search this Thread

Old May 1, 2016, 6:25 pm
Original Poster

Last year I remember the terms and conditions of the Club Carlson card changed significantly.

I also remember there being some sort of option for current cardholders to receive something in return for them reducing their benefits.

Does anyone recall what they were giving out, to soften the blow?

Does anyone know if we can still call and complain? I just remembered about this loss of benefit...
Old May 3, 2016, 10:22 am

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond, UA Silver
Those who called initially received 2,000 points as compensation. Within a few weeks that was raised to 7,500 points. I believe many people got their annual fees waived or refunded for one year as well.
I think it is very unlikely that they would give you any sort of benefit at this point, as US Bank will probably think the loss in benefits didn't bother you very much if you've waited this long to complain.
Old May 9, 2016, 4:01 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat 4MM, AA Life Plat, Lufthansa FT, Delta Basic
I have to assume you mean the Visa card, as there is no need ever to cancel a program membership card. One just stops using it.

I have simply canceled the Visa card today when I received the yearly fee charge. This card has become one of the least competitive, with Foreign Transaction Fees and not a single redeeming factor.

The agent offered me "as a promotional opportunity" (??!) a yearly interest rate of 16.something % on balances. I had no idea that my prevailing rate might be higher (and I strongly doubt it...), something totally unimportant as I have never carried a balance with them and carry no balance ever on any card with a double-digit rate.

Complete ineptitude at its best.

Last edited by Cofyknsult; May 9, 2016 at 4:06 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.