Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Radisson International | Radisson Rewards
Reload this Page >

Radisson Blu Alcron Prague [as of Jan.2019, left Radisson; Almanac as of 2023]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Radisson Blu Alcron Prague [as of Jan.2019, left Radisson; Almanac as of 2023]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 11, 2016, 1:46 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Stayed there for two nights this week. Not overly impressed, but it was value for money considering I paid 139EUR/nigh including breakfast.
It seems Radisson SAS refurbed this property in the 90s and chose to follow a 20s art deco style. It has some 5* elements, but the location wrt to downtown and the neigborhood really don't match up. If given a choice I would stay at the Hilton Old town like I did last year.
Old Jan 8, 2018, 5:24 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Here are some thoughts on this hotel based on a very recent three-day stay with family...

Overall we were quite impressed with the value for money proposition of the Alcron. I'm not sure where the 5* rating comes from, as it doesn't present itself as such based on what one would typically expect at that level. It is a good 4* hotel, if that means something to people.

The location is good, very close to Wenceslas Square, and a 12-minute walk to the Old Town Square or Karls Bridge. The public spaces are fine, but nothing too special, it looks as though the last real refurbishment (based on style rather than quality) was in the 90s. The bar has some interesting cocktails but is otherwise pretty boring. The lighting needs to be addressed. The Alcron restaurant is very small (20 covers?) and with no views, but the seafood is delicious. The breakfast at Rotunda is very comprehensive.

The standard rooms are perfectly fine, even with a small rollaway bed in them. The mattresses are very comfortable, there is a great Tempur topper. Bathroom amenities are Molton Brown.

The staff were outstandingly helpful and friendly. A particular nod to Paula, in guest relations, who pro-actively gave my family a whole bunch of insider tips and ideas, and was extremely helpful and willing to assist with anything from restaurant reservations to walking tour suggestions. The front desk and restaurant staff were also very helpful and always asking us if they could do anything for us.

It's all perfectly acceptable, and at EUR 135, including breakfast for all, you really can't complain. Parking, at EUR 35 a night, was a bit on the high side.
Old Jan 5, 2019, 2:57 pm

Programs: AA GLD (1MM), Hyatt PLT, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum
Sadly the Alcron is no longer a Radisson property. They have bought another hotel in Old Town Square and are renovating it. It will be a new Blu.
Old Jan 7, 2019, 11:43 am

Programs: Aer Lingus Concierge, Radisson Rewards Platinum, BW Diamond, Hilton Gold
Great pity was one of my favorites. There were playing around with new room designs last year

The location was always a bit of an issue, be interesting to see what the plan is with the new Blu

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.