Search

Radisson Blu Resort Terme di Galzignano

Search this Thread

Old Mar 28, 2014, 11:55 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Owner, Green Bay Packers
Cool Radisson Blu Resort Terme di Galzignano

Stayed at this property last night, and was happy with the experience. Rooms are large and comfortable, the front desk staff was fantastic, going out of their way to fix another Radisson res that had been screwed up.

The setting is very pleasant, just outside a sleepy little town. It is very park like, and has nice looking pools.

Train tickets to Padua are €2.50, to Venice are €4.75 each way, with about a 45 min trip in to Venice.

Downsides:

If you don't have a car, it's a bit more than a mile to walk from the Battaglia Terme train station. The weather was nice, so I enjoyed it. Call it up on google maps, and you'll be fine.

No nearby restaurants, so you are kind of stuck eating at the hotel, with moderately high prices. I saw a few little restaurants and pizzerias walking through town, but it is a bit of a hike.

I had breakfast included in my rate, and it was a nice buffet.

This would be a nice place to go to just relax in a country setting, and it looks like a lot of Europeans have found that out. That said, it was fairly quiet in late March.

Safe travels,

Doc
Old Mar 9, 2017, 10:07 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
I've got a reservation for 5 nights here next month. I will report back.
Old Apr 15, 2017, 2:56 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Just finished my stay here and overall I wouldn't recommend it.

Positives were the nice pools (thermal, about 37c), the decent breakfast included in the room rate, and the internal decor which is much nicer than widely reported on tripadvisor, so I guess has been refurbished.

Negatives, booked a suite, which according to the website has a separate living room. The room I was given was more like a junior suite with a combined living area. I complained at the front desk and they insisted it was a suite and only 5 of their rooms have a seperate living room and they were all booked.
No club Carlson recognition.
Very limited bar menu for a resort, restrictive meal times for the restaurant and limited menu.
Exterior is in poor condition, with several derelict looking structures around the property.

If you do stay here, don't eat dinner at the hotel. Try trattoria bigliaro (5 minutes away in the countryside), or il restaurantino in bataglia. Apologies for the poor spelling, you can find them highly rated on tripadvisor.
Old Mar 19, 2018, 9:18 pm

Programs: United 1k aa exec plat
my family and i like staying at the radisson galzignano for the wonderful spa pool.

unfortunately we wont be on that route this week,but can anyone advise a similar hotel
on the route bologna-reggio emilia-malpensa airport?
thanks
Old Mar 20, 2018, 1:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Any recent reviews from there? What are those "derelict looking structures" - i dont seem to find any questionable pics on tripadvisor or elsewhere...

Pools looks nice for a few days with kids and price is definitely ok... Any lesser known not too touristy attractions within driving distance? Arquà Petrarca seems interesting..

Last edited by azepine00; Mar 20, 2018 at 2:08 pm
Old May 19, 2018, 9:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Bumping one more time - any reviews or comments on the property? I like being away from tourist crowds while still with comforts of decent hotel but there is just too little info on that place..
Old May 21, 2018, 3:20 am

Programs: IHG, CC, HH, AF, AA, UA
Originally Posted by azepine00
Bumping one more time - any reviews or comments on the property? I like being away from tourist crowds while still with comforts of decent hotel but there is just too little info on that place..
We stayed there a few years ago. Very decent hotel for the price point. Not too crowded even in high season. Great thermal pools. Definitely worth a couple of days (not much longer as we couldn't find a lot to do in the area).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.