Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Account closed because of duplicate ones

Search this Thread

Old Feb 17, 2014, 10:59 am
Original Poster

Account closed because of duplicate ones

Just want to let you know that CC is checking out duplicate accounts.
I had 2 accounts one is gold from Amex Platinum and another Red account which 90k points which was closed by CC.
I notified that i couldnt access my red account with my correct password so i clicked for a new one emailed to me which never happened.
Then I called customer service to explain that I cannot access my account and after checking out i was told that I have 2 accounts in my name which is not allowed and therefore my red account has been cancelled with all my points are gone.

no chance to explain more and fighting for my 90k points. very sad
Old Feb 17, 2014, 2:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Were you actually using both accounts? i.e. to double up on the promotions?

If so, cancellation is to be expected sooner or later. If not, surely you have a case if a duplicate account was set up by a credit card company...
Old Feb 17, 2014, 3:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA:EXP/1MM. Accor/Radisson:Silver; HH:Gold; ICH:Plt Amb.
Were you also using the Gold CC account, or just the Red one? And moreover, why didn't you have the two accounts merged if you knew about them? Gold level has a lot more benefits than basic Red level.
Old Feb 17, 2014, 4:46 pm
Original Poster

I'm based in Europe so no Credit Card Bonuses here.
I had my red Account since 6 years switching between red-and silver with stays and not Bonus Promotions. .
but not used this account since 10 months only my Gold one.
from AMEX.
So i suggest everyone with more than one account to make a Points transfer and then ask for cancelling that account.
Just to be sure not loosing your hard earned Points.
cheers
Old Feb 18, 2014, 3:04 pm

Sounds like they should have merged them, not cancelled one.
Old Feb 19, 2014, 9:52 am

Programs: Avis Pref+, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Life Gold, Honors Silver, IHG Plat via MC.
+1 Nsummy, Craig & Fanjet! Good luck, WT!
Old Feb 19, 2014, 10:05 am
Original Poster

and all this account closings(loosing our points) in combination with the today announced DEAVALUATION of Points AGAIN , for me it is just as simple to say byby Club Carlson.
Old Dec 22, 2014, 7:22 am

Location: EWR Ionosphere Club, LAX Clipper Club, Still Traveling Global, yearly BIS miles
Programs: EAL Silver Wings, I-Club, Flying Colonels DL, WorldPass PLat from the olde Meatball and PE SMARTbank
Can you merge two accounts? I thought that this was not allowed?
Old Dec 22, 2014, 7:37 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Most programs don't allow duplicate accounts, although sometimes one is opened for you without your consent. I had a Hilton do this to me once because there was apparently a contest with rewards for employees who had referred the most new accounts. It was a hassle to get rid of the new account and have the points for my stay put into the account number that was on the reservation.
Old Dec 25, 2014, 7:43 pm

Programs: AA EP; WN CP;UA SILVER; MARRIOTT TITANIUM; HH DIAMOND; IHG PLAT; RADISSON PLAT; HYATT GLOBAL
Seems odd, since in the US if you have the US bank Personal and Business credit card, they require two separate accounts, for the same individual. I called and wrote to complain, that I wanted my accounts merged, they said NO! But I can transfer points between accounts without any problems.
Old Dec 29, 2014, 8:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ORD-TGU
Seems odd, since in the US if you have the US bank Personal and Business credit card, they require two separate accounts, for the same individual. I called and wrote to complain, that I wanted my accounts merged, they said NO! But I can transfer points between accounts without any problems.
Why would you want to merge, since you can freely transfer points between them? With the 2 accounts, you could enjoy consecutive 4 award nights and only pay for 2, just like those have 2 accounts between husband and wife can do.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.