Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Radisson International | Radisson Rewards
Reload this Page >

A non-upgrade upgrade at Radisson Blu Champs Élysées

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 29, 2013, 3:43 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

I would probably feel the same.... But at least the FD tried repairing the damage. And that's something.
Old May 29, 2013, 10:41 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium.;UA 1.5MM; UA Lifetime Gold (whoppee); DL Plat
Ah, French hospitality and tact!
Old May 30, 2013, 2:47 am

No reason to be rude about it - whether part of the rule book or not.

If hotel was rude about it then no reason to not email/ tweet/ FB - your experience and let it be known to others. Further you can also add that they acknowledged their error in the evening and said - "well tomorrow breakfast is on us" but your mother is now mortified by the shabby treatment.

Bothering an old lady (your mother) is reason enough that CS guys will get now mortified and rightly rush to do damage control with you.
Old May 30, 2013, 6:29 am
hsk

Programs: *A, OW, Hyatt, Marriott
The rules are clear: Member is entitled to all room benefits he/she is upgraded to.

If a Business Class room includes breakfast, you get breakfast. Just like you get to use the Nespresso machine, newspaper, bathing robe etc. if you're upgraded. If breakfast is not included as a benefit in the Business Class room, you don't get it. Simple as that.

Last edited by hsk; May 30, 2013 at 6:36 am Reason: other benefits
Old May 30, 2013, 7:49 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

That's really not what's in any of the rules.....and a business class room really has nothing to do with things like club access or breakfast. That's what the rate differences are for.

You get the amenities that are IN the room.
Old May 30, 2013, 8:21 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by PokerHammy
Am here at Radisson Blu Champs Élysées. Yesterday at check in was informed.
by the receptionist that I was upgraded to business class room including breakfast. Now I know I'd booked with points and as gold have no breakfast benefit, so it was a nice surprise. Come this morning, when I usually sleep in, got up to have breakfast and was embarrassed as the waitress loudly tells me (and eager mom) in front of the other patrons that my room was upgraded and not booked directly as BC so no breakfast privileges. Then she grabbed the menus and walked away as if I wouldn't order anyway!.

I'd never heard of that - isn't the point of an "upgrade" and a BC benefit to have breakfast? Went to the front desk to clear up as I didn't even expect breakfast but it was the check in woman who clearly stated that I'd have all the benefits of a BC room. The man at front desk condescendingly spelled out that I'd booked on points and as a courtesy they "upgraded" me to a more spacious room (not!) because I'd booked two beds. But no other benefit applies. I incredulously asked him what the standard room size is if I'm supposedly in a bigger room. He just replied "it's smaller."

Anyone had the same experience? Never been made to feel like 2nd class citizen twice just for hotel breakfast! My skin is thick enough but my poor mom wanted to run out!

French employees in hospitality are among the rudest in the world

sorry for that, that's just reality

they don't know the meaning of servicing people the right way

they don't even have the sense of hospitality, such a shame
Old May 30, 2013, 11:49 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA, WN, Hyatt, Club Carlson, HHonors, MRewards, CET, M Life

Well, I'm still unclear so posted a BC benefit question on CC Facebook.

When I checked out today, yet another staff apologized. Not sure if I'm now famous/infamous. Hope the original employee at check-in don't get in trouble. Mistakes happen. Perhaps the rules are vague even for the staff. They should, however, give the rude guy and the waitress better training on tact.

Now at the Park Hyatt - the smiling polite staff here seem to know what hospitality means.
Old May 30, 2013, 4:23 pm

Programs: The Golden status boy
Well, I'm still unclear so posted a BC benefit question on CC Facebook.

When I checked out today, yet another staff apologized. Not sure if I'm now famous/infamous. Hope the original employee at check-in don't get in trouble. Mistakes happen. Perhaps the rules are vague even for the staff. They should, however, give the rude guy and the waitress better training on tact.

Now at the Park Hyatt - the smiling polite staff here seem to know what hospitality means.
If you're at the Park Hyatt, be thankful that you didn't spoil your digestive system with the swill they serve at the Radisson. The Park Hyatt breakfast is one of the only reasons I'd consider going back to Paris. That and the insanely hot staff.

P.S. If you figure out what that perfume is in the halls, let me know
Old Jun 1, 2013, 5:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by RTW1

And "rude" is somewhat in the eye of he beholder. Paris is somewhat like New York.... Smaller rooms and more "rude" people than is the case in most other cities.
Parisians might be rude but NYers are just blunt. There, I set the record straight.

Yes it was bad staff communication and no assumption. In fact I'd asked twice as I knew golds do not have breakfast benefit. Just didn't know that an "upgrade" would not include all that's listed in their BC ad in the room. (I usually stay at Hyatts and their upgrade to club level includes the lounge access.) There would be no issue at all today if the hotel wants to only give the customer the bed type they had reserved originally then they should 1) not call it an upgrade, 2) not have the staff list benefits of the upgrade like breakfast, movie, etc., and 3) take away the BC ad in the room.
I've been 'upgraded' to the club floor in the Bangkok Park Plaza 18 several times and never received the club benefits. I took exception the first time and inquired what I was actually being upgraded into since the room was the identical size to the one I purchased. The answer was a higher floor. A higher floor that looks into an apartment building.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.