Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Radisson Blu Bangkok

Search this Thread

Old Aug 17, 2016, 12:53 am

Originally Posted by nacho
I didn't see that you said you paid to upgrade (thought the hotel was so nice to upgrade you gratis) - I think business class room includes breakfast as a default (that explains the huge difference between standard and premium award). How much did you pay?

TIA
I was quoted in baht but I think it came out to $75 a night. Larger room, executive floor with lounge access, free happy hour, pressing of two garments per night, and breakfast for two. Not the worst deal in the world, I guess.
Old Aug 17, 2016, 5:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Originally Posted by hyperzulu
I was quoted in baht but I think it came out to $75 a night. Larger room, executive floor with lounge access, free happy hour, pressing of two garments per night, and breakfast for two. Not the worst deal in the world, I guess.
Wow, $75 is my room rate early November after BRG.
Old Aug 17, 2016, 6:34 pm

Wow, $75 is my room rate early November after BRG.
For the base room? When I was standing there deciding, I figured the cash rate on the room (this was one of their executive suites) was around $250 a night. I booked my two nights originally with 38k points pre-deval. So I paid $150 plus 38k points for a $500 room/package. I usually don't bother unless it's a resort where I will take more advantage of the room and everything that comes with it. In this case, I just decided to go with it.
Old Aug 17, 2016, 7:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

For the base room? When I was standing there deciding, I figured the cash rate on the room (this was one of their executive suites) was around $250 a night. I booked my two nights originally with 38k points pre-deval. So I paid $150 plus 38k points for a $500 room/package. I usually don't bother unless it's a resort where I will take more advantage of the room and everything that comes with it. In this case, I just decided to go with it.
Yes. For $250/night I would stay somewhere else, such as the Hilton, the Renaissance, IC, Conrad...... except the IC as Hilton and Marriott Gold or above will grant you lounge access + complimentary upgrade. If you don't stay in the room much I don't see any reason to stay in a suite. I think it's still 38k/night for the standard room redemption - definitely pay the $75 instead of using 38k CC points.

Good for you if you think it's worth it ^
Old Aug 18, 2016, 8:35 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeWyndham Contributor Badge

Programs: Hertz PC, Hilton DMD, IHG Spire Amb, Bonvoy Titanium Elite & WoH Globalist
For $250/night (~8700 THB) you can stay at the SGS, Grand Hyatt Erawan, the JW Marriott, St. Regis, or even the Peninsula in a suite with club benefits!!! Which any of them offer a better location near or at BTS stations.
Old Aug 18, 2016, 5:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Kalboz
For $250/night (~8700 THB) you can stay at the SGS, Grand Hyatt Erawan, the JW Marriott, St. Regis, or even the Peninsula in a suite with club benefits!!! Which any of them offer a better location near or at BTS stations.
You can add Conrad in too - the rate there is less than 8700THB.
Old Aug 18, 2016, 10:48 pm

Programs: Hertz PC, Hilton DMD, IHG Spire Amb, Bonvoy Titanium Elite & WoH Globalist
You can add Conrad in too - the rate there is less than 8700THB.
The reason I did not mention the Conrad because I really believe (based on past experience) that the property is hyped up, does not meet the Conrad standards, and its location is not that convenient! Just my opinion
Old Aug 19, 2016, 3:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The reason I did not mention the Conrad because I really believe (based on past experience) that the property is hyped up, does not meet the Conrad standards, and its location is not that convenient! Just my opinion
But it is still better than the Radisson?
Old Aug 19, 2016, 8:50 am

But it is still better than the Radisson?
most likely
Old Aug 19, 2016, 11:27 am

And I suppose you'll also PAY that price per night. I'm not sure where the confusion lies. All in all I paid $60 for the points (Club Carlson Business card annual renewal bonus, 38k points got me two nights with their now-extinct 2-4-1 awards), and $150 for the upgrade. That's a total of $210 USD for two nights at this hotel in their suite, with buffet breakfast for two included, and all the other benefits I mentioned which are part of their business package. So for $105 a night, it wasn't that bad. If you guys were to book a standard room for $75 and wanted to try their buffet, you'd be at $105 already, and that's for only a single diner without any of the other benefits.

While the buffet may be expensive for Thai standards, its price of ~$30 USD a head is in line with most other Radisson Blu properties I've stayed at. But I can tell you without a single doubt, that it blows away any other hotel breakfast I've had - it's hard to imagine but it's a phenomenal buffet. I would have gladly paid $30 a plate for it. My fiancée is a total foodie and she still talks about that breakfast six months later. We stayed at the Conrad Koh Samui on the same trip and their breakfast was good, but wasn't even close to the one at this hotel.

Last edited by hyperzulu; Aug 19, 2016 at 11:34 am
Old Aug 19, 2016, 1:19 pm

And I suppose you'll also PAY that price per night. I'm not sure where the confusion lies. All in all I paid $60 for the points (Club Carlson Business card annual renewal bonus, 38k points got me two nights with their now-extinct 2-4-1 awards), and $150 for the upgrade. That's a total of $210 USD for two nights at this hotel in their suite, with buffet breakfast for two included, and all the other benefits I mentioned which are part of their business package. So for $105 a night, it wasn't that bad. If you guys were to book a standard room for $75 and wanted to try their buffet, you'd be at $105 already, and that's for only a single diner without any of the other benefits.

While the buffet may be expensive for Thai standards, its price of ~$30 USD a head is in line with most other Radisson Blu properties I've stayed at. But I can tell you without a single doubt, that it blows away any other hotel breakfast I've had - it's hard to imagine but it's a phenomenal buffet. I would have gladly paid $30 a plate for it. My fiancée is a total foodie and she still talks about that breakfast six months later. We stayed at the Conrad Koh Samui on the same trip and their breakfast was good, but wasn't even close to the one at this hotel.
First off I want to say that we are on your side and not the other way around. To see a fellow traveler getting gipped by any property is not fun for me.

38K Club Carlson points valuation stand at around $115 as $3 per 1K points or thereabouts. You got them for $60 - sounds good. So, 60+150 = $210 or around THB 7,350 which is still an exuberant amount. The bottom line is your satisfaction, were you content with the stay? And you stated that you were. The above points by myself and Nacho is the value proposition of the stay.
Old Aug 19, 2016, 5:59 pm

First off I want to say that we are on your side and not the other way around. To see a fellow traveler getting gipped by any property is not fun for me.

38K Club Carlson points valuation stand at around $115 as $3 per 1K points or thereabouts. You got them for $60 - sounds good. So, 60+150 = $210 or around THB 7,350 which is still an exuberant amount. The bottom line is your satisfaction, were you content with the stay? And you stated that you were. The above points by myself and Nacho is the value proposition of the stay.
Fair enough. Value is subjective. Had I not upgraded, I would have likely had breakfast elsewhere and missed out.
Old Dec 16, 2016, 8:37 pm

My recent experience at Radisson Blu Bangkok

A little bit drama.
As the Gold Elite member in Carlson, when checkin at Radisson Blu Bangkok, the reception told me my status was not recognized. I was attending a meeting with colleagues, so I booked four rooms. One of four rooms was covered by the meeting committee. When I checked out, the reception told me I just need to pay two rooms. I thought it may be something wrong, I asked the reception doubt-check. They were pretty sure that two rooms of my booking were covered, I just need to pay two. I paid two rooms and left.
When I arrived home, I reported to the financial that I have two rooms for the reimbursement. Case closed. However, days later the hotel wrote to me that they FORGOT to charge me for the third room.
I have to write endless reports to my Financial to explain why previously two rooms and now three rooms.
In the end, I paid.
Does anyone here have similar story?
Old Dec 31, 2016, 9:23 pm

Sorry to hear about your experience, but I have one word to describe the FD at this property: CHAOS - and, unfortunately for us, not all FD staff comprehend English very well.

Also, the master thread for this property is here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/carls...u-bangkok.html
Old Dec 31, 2016, 9:32 pm

Currently here two rooms for two nights on points - this place is out of control!!! Thanks for the farang managers to keep it from further slipping. Had an incident at breakfast today and the European manager intervened to quickly resolve the issue.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.