Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Radisson Blu Bangkok

Search this Thread

Old Aug 17, 2014, 11:10 am

Programs: UA Lifetime Gold, AA Lifetime Platinum, Delta PM, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Diplomatico
I'm pretty sure that's not what he meant by "guest friendly".
ROFL!! To the OP regarding...ehem..... "Guest Friendly" yes it is as is ALL hotels in the Sukhumvit area. I just finished a three night stay at his hotel last month and while the rooms are nice (make sure you get the rooms on the higher floor overlooking the pool/Sukhumvit road/ sky train) the hotel itself lacks soul.

I was the only one drinking at the bar area in the lobby for TWO straight nights. The bar tenders were bored but happy to have a job at a swanky hotel. Also, maybe it's because they just opened and been monsoon season occupancy levels were low, but the hotel is nice. The decor at the bar with the hanging chandelier is really nice. Much thought went into the design of the hotel.

It is also the prime location for the OP seeking "Guest Friendly" activities as Soi Cowboy on Soi 23 is just next door.

I for one, from henceforth, will start staying here versus my usual Radisson Suites on Soi 13.
Old Oct 2, 2014, 9:34 pm

Programs: Switched from UA 1K to AA so I could earn EQD's on partners. Mid-tier on most major hotel programs.
Originally Posted by whYflyer
I am here now. As CC Gold I got 2 bottled water, no upgrade, no present, nothing.
Do you mind me asking what floor you were on? Just asking because they apparently consider the 16-24 floors a "premium room". If they didn't even give you that as gold that, I won't even bother trying this place out.
Old Oct 12, 2014, 2:00 am

Programs: United 1K , Emirates Platinum, Lufthansa Senator, Marriott Platinum, Club Carlson Gold
Planing a trip to Bangkok in Feb, looking at the Radisson blu or the Radisson suites.. Any preferences or advice? I am CC Gold but that seems based on the previous posts not really metter..
Old Oct 12, 2014, 8:18 pm

Programs: Switched from UA 1K to AA so I could earn EQD's on partners. Mid-tier on most major hotel programs.
As a follow up to my previous post, I was in fact upgraded to a premium room...which didn't mean much more than a higher floor but was still better than nothing. More importantly, they had my room ready when I checked in at about 8 am. Overall, I was pretty happy with the place. New, quiet, and excellent proximity to the BTS and MRT. I will stay here again.
Old Oct 13, 2014, 5:38 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, UA Silver, Mobile Passport Unobtanium
Originally Posted by luxuslover
Planing a trip to Bangkok in Feb, looking at the Radisson blu or the Radisson suites.. Any preferences or advice? I am CC Gold but that seems based on the previous posts not really metter..
Radisson Blu is a much nicer hotel, IMO. I've stayed in each hotel twice over the course of the last three months and both times I was upgraded to a nicer room at Blu (Gold elite). Welcome fruit basket, free water.

Both times at Suites I was not upgraded to a nicer room, no fruit basket. (Though I was granted free breakfast after being told my upgrade was not available.)

Blu location is better, IMO.
Old Oct 13, 2014, 9:03 pm

How about comparing to Park Plaza 18? I read previous posts, it seems some people prefer PP18, some prefer Radisson suites.
Old Oct 14, 2014, 5:51 pm

Originally Posted by guear
How about comparing to Park Plaza 18? I read previous posts, it seems some people prefer PP18, some prefer Radisson suites.
Radisson Suites have nicer rooms than the Park Plaza, but I like the location of the Park Plaza much better....it's a short walk to the MRT and BTS. The Radisson Suites is much more of a hike to the trains. They offer little golf cart/ tuk tuk rides to Sukhumvit, but I find it overall a pain, and thus don't really care for the Radisson Suites location.
Old Oct 16, 2014, 10:09 am

Originally Posted by 100countrygoal
Radisson Suites have nicer rooms than the Park Plaza, but I like the location of the Park Plaza much better....it's a short walk to the MRT and BTS. The Radisson Suites is much more of a hike to the trains. They offer little golf cart/ tuk tuk rides to Sukhumvit, but I find it overall a pain, and thus don't really care for the Radisson Suites location.
Thanks! I feel location will be more important for us.
Old Oct 21, 2014, 12:42 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, UA Silver, Mobile Passport Unobtanium
Originally Posted by 100countrygoal
Agreed. In keeping with the title of the thread, though, I'll say the location of Radisson Blu is as convenient as Park Plaza, if not more so, and Blu is the nicer hotel by far.
Old Oct 25, 2014, 6:35 am

Programs: United 1K , Emirates Platinum, Lufthansa Senator, Marriott Platinum, Club Carlson Gold
Thanks a lot Diplomatico, so I will go for the Radission Blu. Thanks for the advice.
Old Nov 2, 2014, 5:11 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeWyndham Contributor Badge

Programs: Hertz PC, Hilton DMD, IHG Spire Amb, Bonvoy Titanium Elite & WoH Globalist
Originally Posted by whYflyer
I am here now. As CC Gold I got 2 bottled water, no upgrade, no present, nothing.
Thank you!

Any recent updates of Gold elite benefits such as upgrades, lounge access, breakfast, etc.?
Old Nov 2, 2014, 6:08 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeWyndham Contributor Badge

Programs: Hertz PC, Hilton DMD, IHG Spire Amb, Bonvoy Titanium Elite & WoH Globalist
Scoring a relatively high rank as #64 of 757 hotels in Bangkok with mostly firs time reviewers, the Tripadvisor reports seem highly suspect at this point. However, two recent reviews from last month caught my attention and I would like to share with you:

Concierge status (writen benefit) not honored according to program T&C: http://cr.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserRe...ECK_RATES_CONT

“No appreciation for CC members”
2 of 5 starsReviewed 2 weeks ago
As a long term member of Club Carlson ( Concierge status) I was really surprised of the welcoming. It's usual that Concierge members are upgraded to the normal suites, at least in the other RB hotels I've visited, if available but here the front desk manager informed that they do not make any difference between the statuses. I highly appreciate equality in general but once your business idea should base on the loyal customers, the attitude is failed.
Negative customer experience, never again.

Stayed October 2014, traveled on business
Booked rate with lounge access but unworthy benefits: http://cr.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserRe...ECK_RATES_CONT

Without offer however I would consider other alternative hotels on Sukhumvit. The reason is that the lounge at that hotel is just very poor, so poor that we went the first evening and didn't come back. Food was not good and drinks were super limited. So the whole point of having lounge access is lost. My advise to them would be to improve the food offer and drink offer at the lounge, like that they won't have an empty lounge with three staff bored.
Also I found that the 57K points Club Carlson - Premium Award-Grand DLX Room not to have any significant benefits and a regular 36 SQM sized room:

Club Carlson - Premium Award-Grand DLX Room
ROOM:
Book Now
ROOM DESCRIPTION:
36 Square Meters
High Floor; 16th – 24th Floor
24 hour complimentary Wi-Fi internet
1 piece of laundry per day
1 Welcome drink at B/Sharp
Two bottle of packaged drinking water
In-room tea and coffee Maker
In-room iron and ironing board
Well-appointed workstation
Shower cubicle with bath
Docking station
International direct dialing
LED television
Electronic Safe
Hair Dryer
Room type can accommodate 1 rollaway bed at an additional cost of THB-1,000 per night

Child policy
Children 12 years or younger sleep for free in existing bedding.
Children 13 years or older are considered to be adults and surcharges apply.
Minus the high floor, you get basically the same room as the standard award redemption for 38K points ($75-$95 difference in points valuation).

Any thoughts? Worth it?
Old Dec 10, 2014, 4:11 pm
fMD

Is there any way to use more points for a suite upgrade here? I'm gold and booked the basic room on points
Old Dec 18, 2014, 10:41 am

Just stayed here twice and 3 nights. I was upgraded both times to deluxe room which is just higher floor rooms and got welcome gift which is a plate of fruits.
Old Dec 20, 2014, 10:06 am
fMD

Originally Posted by guear
Just stayed here twice and 3 nights. I was upgraded both times to deluxe room which is just higher floor rooms and got welcome gift which is a plate of fruits.
Thanks! I'm curious about suite upgrades though

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.