Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Radisson International | Radisson Rewards
Reload this Page >

Hotel pricing error, free room, will it be cancelled?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 21, 2012, 5:27 pm
Original Poster

This morning I went to book a Radisson I need to stay a few times while away and found that they had priced their "Business Package-Guest Room" up at $0. This is normally one of the more expensive packages they offer. On the information re rate at booking it had the following statement-

"Total estimated cost for stay includes room rate, estimated taxes, and estimated fees.! Total estimated cost for stay does not include any additional applicable service charges or fees that may be charged by the hotel.! Estimated taxes and fees includes applicable local taxes, governmental fees, and resort fees as estimated by the hotel.! Carlson Hotels does not and can not verify the accuracy of the estimated taxes and estimated fees, and actual rates may vary at any time and from time to time."

I booked the nights I need. Have received confirmation and their is a statement at the bottom-

*The subtotal above is an estimate only and does not represent the full amount for your stay. Additional charges, taxes, and fees may apply. The actual total will be provided to you at check-out upon request.

The rate for the room has been corrected on their site, since I booked it.

So where do I stand?

Do they have to honour the free rooms. Will they be able to cancel them. Should I expect to be met with a fee added to my bill that will make it the rack rate? The booking is all confirmed via email and on club carlson. They've yet to contact me regarding it. What should I expect to happen?
Old Dec 21, 2012, 6:44 pm

Programs: UA Gold / Bonvoy Platinum

I would just wait. You can always negotiate a different room, even at check in. Just if they ask for a lot of money.
Old Dec 25, 2012, 3:50 pm
Suspended

Programs: ゴールデングローブ
Originally Posted by allacrossthesand
This morning I went to book a Radisson I need to stay a few times while away and found that they had priced their "Business Package-Guest Room" up at $0. This is normally one of the more expensive packages they offer. On the information re rate at booking it had the following statement-

"Total estimated cost for stay includes room rate, estimated taxes, and estimated fees.! Total estimated cost for stay does not include any additional applicable service charges or fees that may be charged by the hotel.! Estimated taxes and fees includes applicable local taxes, governmental fees, and resort fees as estimated by the hotel.! Carlson Hotels does not and can not verify the accuracy of the estimated taxes and estimated fees, and actual rates may vary at any time and from time to time."

I booked the nights I need. Have received confirmation and their is a statement at the bottom-

*The subtotal above is an estimate only and does not represent the full amount for your stay. Additional charges, taxes, and fees may apply. The actual total will be provided to you at check-out upon request.

The rate for the room has been corrected on their site, since I booked it.

So where do I stand?

Do they have to honour the free rooms. Will they be able to cancel them. Should I expect to be met with a fee added to my bill that will make it the rack rate? The booking is all confirmed via email and on club carlson. They've yet to contact me regarding it. What should I expect to happen?

What is so special about it? That is the RADISSON 1 FOR 1 rate. And they will surely check if you have a free night voucher in your account. Otherwise, you will be charged rack rate or points!!!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.