Thank you for taking the time to write.

We appreciate your recent message.

We apologize for you having to contact us in regards to your Club
Carlson account. We have forwarded your request to the Park Inn By
Radisson Copenhagen Airport for them to research the situation and
respond to you directly
. If you require further assistance, please
contact us.

We hope you continue to enjoy the many benefits of Club Carlson.
Will be interesting to see if I receive a reply directly from the hotel.. My guess is that I won't.
Old Aug 2, 2012, 11:22 am

Points posted today, so I'm happy with that and the 170k in my account.
No reply from hotel though.
Old Aug 2, 2012, 11:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Originally Posted by nimenime
Points posted today, so I'm happy with that and the 170k in my account.
No reply from hotel though.
Of course not, for a hotel like that, if they don't even bother credited you the points in the first place they won't bother writing back to you and saying something like, 'sorry, here's your point'.
Old Jul 7, 2016, 4:15 am

Programs: BA Gold (OWE), Bonvoy Gold, HH Diamond, PriorityPass, AX Plat
Quite disgusted with this hotel. We had a 1-night stay in a standard twin room on fourth floor in late June, and won't be back here again. Here are some of the issues we faced during our visit:
-Twin room had only one set of towels, we had to get more from housekeeping.
-Room was hot as an oven during our stay as the standard rooms do not have air conditioning, only an ineffective portable table fan
-Fitted carpeting in our room was in disgusting condition
-Beds were uncomfortably soft
-No status recognition at all as a Club Carlson Gold-member
-Spartan bathrooms in very worn condition

Breakfast was ok, and the front office staff was friendly. But these factors unfortunately did not compensate for the problems. Will certainly not be back, and don't recommend this hotel to anybody. And as above, no points posted for P+C-stay... Might chase for them later this month.
Old Jul 7, 2016, 4:21 am

Never had an issue with points posting at that hotel but I agree to all of this:

Originally Posted by vulle
-Room was hot as an oven during our stay as the standard rooms do not have air conditioning, only an ineffective portable table fan
That's why I usually stay in a RB downtown unless I have a super early flight from CPH. And then I usually opt for the Hilton (as long as it has an affordable rate)
Old Jul 7, 2016, 1:29 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by vulle
Quite disgusted with this hotel. We had a 1-night stay in a standard twin room on fourth floor in late June, and won't be back here again. Here are some of the issues we faced during our visit:
-Twin room had only one set of towels, we had to get more from housekeeping.

Breakfast was ok, and the front office staff was friendly. But these factors unfortunately did not compensate for the problems. Will certainly not be back, and don't recommend this hotel to anybody. And as above, no points posted for P+C-stay... Might chase for them later this month.
Except for the points issue, I too find this review to be representative of what I've seen of this hotel. I don't stay at this property after having seen a few rooms where friends and family were assigned. Instead I send them to stay at either one of the hotels in central Copenhagen, the Hilton or now the Quality View or Best Western hotel at Malmo-Hyllie station.
Old May 28, 2018, 10:03 am
Suspended

Is this place still a dump and the Standard rooms still w/o a/c?

Im toying with either CPH or ARN for 1 night late June either will have an onward connecting flight at 8am. ARN has a RB 44k 2 km from the airport (I know theres a RB in the airport for 70K) but wont land till 11pm = no time to checkout the town (again). CPH I can arrive either 2pm/7pm or 11pm. Thinking of the 2pm flight and checking out a few places I missed my other time there

I prefer the PI since it seems its very close to the subway and no changing trains

If the word is still dont go, what time do I need to leave the RB Scandinavian to be at CPH checkin by say 6:45am, have to check a bag? Inbounding from ZRH a Saver tkt *A. The easy way is ARN and spend the day in ZRH, but been there and done that a few times and CPH has alot more to offer me. ARN RB Laudia has a free shuttle and is 2km from the airport, but all Id be doing is sleeping would rather do some touring if possible
Old May 28, 2018, 5:47 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by craz
Is this place still a dump and the Standard rooms still w/o a/c?

Im toying with either CPH or ARN for 1 night late June either will have an onward connecting flight at 8am. ARN has a RB 44k 2 km from the airport (I know theres a RB in the airport for 70K) but wont land till 11pm = no time to checkout the town (again). CPH I can arrive either 2pm/7pm or 11pm. Thinking of the 2pm flight and checking out a few places I missed my other time there

I prefer the PI since it seems its very close to the subway and no changing trains

If the word is still dont go, what time do I need to leave the RB Scandinavian to be at CPH checkin by say 6:45am, have to check a bag? Inbounding from ZRH a Saver tkt *A. The easy way is ARN and spend the day in ZRH, but been there and done that a few times and CPH has alot more to offer me. ARN RB Laudia has a free shuttle and is 2km from the airport, but all Id be doing is sleeping would rather do some touring if possible
I would say the hotel is still best avoided. There is a Clarion hotel at CPH — the former Hilton CPH — and it’s often enough a reasonable price using points.
Old May 28, 2018, 6:08 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by GUWonder

I would say the hotel is still best avoided. There is a Clarion hotel at CPH — the former Hilton CPH — and it’s often enough a reasonable price using points.
thx, but the PI is 44k and the Clarion will be $$ out of pocket, if its cheap enough(cant remember ever finding a decent cheap airport hotel) I will take your advice

Talking about your advice, what you say about Rads in VNO & RIX. The CP is pt breaks @ 10k but a nice walk from the Old City 15+ mins, Im holding The Astorija , where walk outside and youer in The Old City (2 nights) I also like the classic buildings over the modern. RIX is harder and I have a 6am flight out also 2 nights, going back and forth where to book

FWIW UA came thru and allowed me to change my routing from ZRH to via CPH and overnight9<24 hrs) a Saver tkt
Brendan likes this.
Old May 29, 2018, 10:14 am

thx, but the PI is 44k and the Clarion will be $$ out of pocket, if its cheap enough(cant remember ever finding a decent cheap airport hotel) I will take your advice

Talking about your advice, what you say about Rads in VNO & RIX. The CP is pt breaks @ 10k but a nice walk from the Old City 15+ mins, Im holding The Astorija , where walk outside and youer in The Old City (2 nights) I also like the classic buildings over the modern. RIX is harder and I have a 6am flight out also 2 nights, going back and forth where to book

FWIW UA came thru and allowed me to change my routing from ZRH to via CPH and overnight9<24 hrs) a Saver tkt
You may be 'dissapointed' with the Astorija, as they just got their renovation done and the rooms are quite modern now - look at their social media channels, they're very proud of this. The other Latvija is nice enough - good views from the higher floors, and if you're going in the warm months of the year, there are balloons starting just between the hotel and the river. Also, Uber is very cheap in VNO if the distance to Latvija is a concern.

For Riga i'd always recommend the Elizabetes - nice surroundings (park just outside), close to the city center, and feels like a boutique hotel (compared to the behemoth a few streets down, that is Radisson Latvija).
Old May 29, 2018, 2:42 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by jackebofh
You may be 'dissapointed' with the Astorija, as they just got their renovation done and the rooms are quite modern now - look at their social media channels, they're very proud of this. The other Latvija is nice enough - good views from the higher floors, and if you're going in the warm months of the year, there are balloons starting just between the hotel and the river. Also, Uber is very cheap in VNO if the distance to Latvija is a concern.

For Riga i'd always recommend the Elizabetes - nice surroundings (park just outside), close to the city center, and feels like a boutique hotel (compared to the behemoth a few streets down, that is Radisson Latvija).
thx for the sad news. The Latvija is 6k less but seems to be a nice hike to the OT, which is smack where I will be if I stay at The Astorija. Being I will be in town for 2 nights and point is to walk around and checkout the OT, I guess The Astorija it will be (No Uber for me, its legs all the way) Booked the Elizabetes in RIX also 2 nights.
Brendan likes this.

Last edited by craz; May 29, 2018 at 10:17 pm
Old Jun 4, 2018, 11:09 pm
Suspended

just realkized I have UR pts that can secure the Hotel for me.

When I looked at the map it seems its off airport but walkable, is it? Is there a safe passage to the hotel eg sidewalks? or is it like the PI OSL where its not directly connected to the term but a short dedicated walkway, next to the term

They post they have a shuttle for a fee, with just a carry-on is it needed?

Thx
Old Jun 5, 2018, 7:33 am
Suspended

just realkized I have UR pts that can secure the Hotel for me.

When I looked at the map it seems its off airport but walkable, is it? Is there a safe passage to the hotel eg sidewalks? or is it like the PI OSL where its not directly connected to the term but a short dedicated walkway, next to the term

They post they have a shuttle for a fee, with just a carry-on is it needed?

Thx
Even if I had two or three pieces of checked suitcases of 50lbs each, I wouldn’t imagine wasting time or money to look for a paid shuttle to use this hotel.

The Clarion CPH is connected by a fully enclosed — unlike for the walk to the Park Inn OSL — path to the CPH airport terminal. No one arriving into CPH on their own two feet needs a shuttle to get from the CPH baggage claim area/customs to the Clarion CPH. It’s also possible to go to the hotel without using the enclosed path.

It can take me less than a minute on my own feet to get from the hotel lobby to the SAS US check-in desks/line..

Brendan likes this.
Old Jun 5, 2018, 7:54 am
Suspended

Even if I had two or three pieces of checked suitcases of 50lbs each, I wouldn’t imagine wasting time or money to look for a paid shuttle to use this hotel.

The Clarion CPH is connected by a fully enclosed — unlike for the walk to the Park Inn OSL — path to the CPH airport terminal. No one arriving into CPH on their own two feet needs a shuttle to get from the CPH baggage claim area/customs to the Clarion CPH. It’s also possible to go to the hotel without using the enclosed path.

It can take me less than a minute on my own feet to get from the hotel lobby to the SAS US check-in desks/line..

Greatly appreciated! thx
Brendan likes this.
Old Jun 8, 2018, 4:00 pm
Suspended

just realized I have UR pts that can secure the Hotel for me.

Thx
My bad! Chase doesnt have the Clarion listed I mistook The CP for the Clarion, good thing I realized right after making the res, Chase called the Hotel and they were willing to CX the Non-Refundable res I had made < 5 mins before, a good thing I put ,my CP# in the res and not my IHG as The Hotel was wondering what that was there for, told Chase it was acct # for Clarions program. It was for more then 2 weeks out so that helped as well

@ $300 a night looks like it will be the PI on pts, still hoping something works out to get The Clarion

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.