Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Radisson Best Price guarantee

Search this Thread

Old Nov 28, 2011, 9:38 pm

Programs: AA,UA, BA, DAL, FB
Booked the Radisson up in MKE. Hotels.com had a 30% off sale on the same property. Got that lesser price less an additional 25% no problem.
Old Dec 5, 2011, 3:09 pm
thc

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, AA Platinum
May Fair

Anyone ever been successful at finding a lower rate for the May Fair London? If so, on what site did you find the rate?
Old Dec 21, 2011, 10:20 am

Location: Austin, TX -- AA Life Platinum; QF Life Silver; UA Silver
Will they do BRG over a penny? Radisson site has $119 vs Orbitz at $118.99...
Old Jan 20, 2012, 4:06 pm

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
The T&C explicitly say must be more than $1.00

I am having a battle right now which I don't quite understand. Night 1 = price difference of $1. Night 2 = price difference of $4. I am told "For our Best Online Rate Guarantee it is based on the nightly rate not the average of both nights comined."

Not only does this contradict the terms and conditions, it is also irrelevant, since the nights are each independently less.
Old Jan 22, 2012, 11:23 am

Originally Posted by Adam1222
The T&C explicitly say must be more than $1.00

I am having a battle right now which I don't quite understand. Night 1 = price difference of $1. Night 2 = price difference of $4. I am told "For our Best Online Rate Guarantee it is based on the nightly rate not the average of both nights comined."

Not only does this contradict the terms and conditions, it is also irrelevant, since the nights are each independently less.
Just respond to their e-mail, and spell it out clearly line by line, why you are entitled to the BRG and the price difference. Had a similar problem, so I just sent a very clear, and simple e-mail stating that they were incorrect, and why they were and it was fixed within a few hours. The only problem might be if your rate is consistently the same for all nights, but your BRG daily rates are different (i.e. Monday is $81 night, Tuesday, $85), then that might invalidate your claim, in which case, I would just rebook your trip into separate nights, then submit your claim.
Old Jan 22, 2012, 12:20 pm

I did that 4 times.
They then quoted me the rate from Otel.com for 2 persons, even though the rez was for 1. I pointed that out, and then they said the rate was no longer available on Otels.com. Which is a different website.

I then just resubmitted the claim as the rate had dropped on DHR.com for both nights, and I must have gotten to a more capable agent, who confirmed the BRG within 2 hours. So now have the Radisson Santiago for $125.
Old Jan 23, 2012, 5:07 pm

Programs: Switched from UA 1K to AA so I could earn EQD's on partners. Mid-tier on most major hotel programs.
I previously found a marginally lower rate (about $10 lower) on Expedia for a Park Plaza hotel vs. the web site. I emailed about the price match and 25% discount. They emailed back and said they would match the rate and upgrade my room (this was before I had any status, so I wouldn't have gotten an upgrade). I thought it was a bit strange that they didn't just follow their policy and offer the 25% discount, but I was happy with the upgrade and accepted their offer.
Old Jan 23, 2012, 5:24 pm

I got a BRG approved today for the Radisson Warwick in Philadelphia, PA. The dates were Feb 18-20, 2012. On clubcarlson.com, the flexible rate was $179.00/nite - On skoosh.com, the rate was $104.00/nite including all taxes. I received the email below a couple of hours after submitting the claim.

We appreciate your submission of a best online rate guarantee form.

We have researched your claim and found you are correct in finding a
lower rate on another website. We have confirmed the lower rate less
25% for you. Your rate is now $69 per night plus tax, we have removed
the tax from the lower rate you found on skoosh.com. Without taxes the
lower rate on skoosh is $92 per night plus tax, we have calculated your
current rate from this. This email will serve as your confirmation for
the best online rate guarantee. Your confirmation number of XXXXXX will
remain the same. Please keep this information for your records.
Old Jan 27, 2012, 1:26 am
yus

What is the usual response time? Is it really 48 hours?

How long does it actually take for a claim to be processed? Is it really 48 hours? I submitted one claim yesterday, but did not receive any response yet. The difference between the other site and radisson.com is 20%. I booked only one night instead of 15 nights I need to see if it will be approved since it is non refundable rate. If it really takes 48 hours I prefer to make booking on another web site instead of taking the chances of loosing better rate or not being approved at all.
Thanks,
yus
Old Jan 27, 2012, 6:45 am

For me, it has been processed in less than 18-24 hours. I have sunbmitted a claim in the evening and receive a response usually by noon the next day. I have also submitted in the morning and received a response by noon of that same day. It seems that they process the claims late morning...
Old Mar 4, 2012, 12:45 pm

Has anybody had any success with finding a BRG for a hotel in Europe (specifically Germany or France?). Going there soon, and would like to get an even better deal on a Carlson hotel if they are out there....I've been checking some of the third party booking sites, but havent come across one yet (and I'm sure there has to be something out there, but I just havent found the site).
Old Mar 28, 2012, 7:48 am

Programs: Delta Diamond Medallion and 1MM, Marriott Ambassador Elite and Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by FlyingHigh20
Has anybody had any success with finding a BRG for a hotel in Europe (specifically Germany or France?). Going there soon, and would like to get an even better deal on a Carlson hotel if they are out there....I've been checking some of the third party booking sites, but havent come across one yet (and I'm sure there has to be something out there, but I just havent found the site).
I just had a BRG approved this morning for a Radisson Blu in Helsinki. The rate on their site was $240, and I found a rate on olotels for $109. They took the additional 25% off and I'm only paying $80!! I was shocked that it was approved. I like using booking buddy to get quick and easy access to a large number of third party sites. It paid off this time!
Old Mar 28, 2012, 7:58 pm

Originally Posted by FlyingHigh20
Has anybody had any success with finding a BRG for a hotel in Europe (specifically Germany or France?).
Yes, got a BRG on the Radisson Blu Rome a few weeks ago.
Old Apr 13, 2012, 10:44 am
Suspended

WARNING

I believe the below are new terms that may have been added to the Best Rate Guarantee:

Q: Is there a time window that I need to submit a claim within to activate the Best Online Rate Guarantee?

A: You must submit a claim within 24 hours of the original booking, and at least 48 hours prior to your arrival. If the Best On-Line Rate Guarantee claim is approved, full prepayment will be billed to the credit card you provided on your reservation. Advance payment of $25.00 USD is non-refundable. Cancellations made within 3 days of arrival will be charged 1 night plus tax.
I do not know of any other company that has such terms/pernalties.

Moreover, please be aware that Radisson puts no time limit on when they are to contact you about your claim.

Previously I had found them fast, but another claim I had just submitted had passed the 56 hour mark without an affirmative response, just 2 replies that they will get back to me soon, after I had contacted them twice -- I canceled the claim and reservation without penalty as they never got back to me with a definitive response.
Old Apr 21, 2012, 4:54 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott LTP, Hilton Gold, ITA Elite+, Cathay S, Singapore S, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Same hotel, same dates, two reservation, found rate of 180€ at teh CC website. At Olotels they were selling at 99€. Did two seperate BRG claims as I had one res booked in my name and one in a friend's. Two different responses:

We appreciate your submission of a best online rate guarantee form. We
have researched your claim and found you are correct in finding a lower
rate on another website. We have confirmed the lower rate less 25% for
you. Your rate is now 73.50 EUR per night plus tax. This email will
serve as your confirmation for the best online rate guarantee. Your
confirmation number of BJ9PTBY will remain the same. Please keep this
information for your records.
We appreciate your submission of a best online rate guarantee form. We have researched your claim and found our rate does not include
breakfast. The third party site, (Olotels.com) has the deluxe room with
breakfast. Please note, rates are subject to change. At this time, we
are unable to honor the lower rate since the rates are not the same.
Probably going to have to cancel the whole stay, as Im not going to pay 180€ a night there, be it for one room.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.