Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Radisson International | Radisson Rewards
Reload this Page >

Radisson Rewards Program Major Devaluation 2023 Discussion [non Americas]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Radisson Rewards Program Major Devaluation 2023 Discussion [non Americas]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 1, 2022, 11:41 am

Another IT flub I hope:

A few weeks ago I transferred all points back to my Americas account. Today I received a backdated receipt for the supposed purchase of the same amount as LH miles. It lists a M&M number that is actually my Radisson Americas number. I don't see a CC on file, so hopefully no one really charged me. Would be very excited if they exchanged Radisson to LH at 1:1 like this, but all balances look unchanged.

Your transaction was successfull. [sic]

Hello rrgg, Your purchase of Bundle&Go was successful. Xxx,000 Miles will be credited to your Miles & More account. Information about how to use the benefits in your bundle, and a summary of your transaction is below:

Purchase Summary
Confirmation Number: Xxxx
Purchase Date: Xxxx
Miles and More Number: Xxxx
Name: rrgg
Bundle purchased: Bundle

[ text omitted ]
Please note all Bundle&Go purchases are non-refundable. All charges for purchases will appear with the description "Bundles by PTS - M&M" on your credit card statement.

Any currency exchange rate, foreign transaction fee, and additional fees are determined solely by the issuer of your payment instrument and not by Points.com or Miles & More. If you have any questions about these fees or the exchange rate applied to your transaction, please contact your bank.

All Miles & More Program terms will apply to the awarding of miles.

Last edited by rrgg; Nov 1, 2022 at 11:52 am
Old Nov 1, 2022, 12:23 pm

Programs: A3, AA, AC, AS, DL, NH, SQ, SK, UA; BW, CP, HH, IHG, MB
Originally Posted by rrgg
Another IT flub I hope:

A few weeks ago I transferred all points back to my Americas account. Today I received a backdated receipt for the supposed purchase of the same amount as LH miles. It lists a M&M number that is actually my Radisson Americas number. I don't see a CC on file, so hopefully no one really charged me. Would be very excited if they exchanged Radisson to LH at 1:1 like this, but all balances look unchanged.
Yup, I just saw it in this M&M thread. It looks like it's affecting IHG, Bonvoy, and Radisson points purchases/transfers, and perhaps others. I wonder if it's a points.com IT issue or if it's a combination of them, Miles & More, and/or the hotel company... So far, only got an email for one of my transactions, but maybe more are to come?
Old Nov 2, 2022, 2:45 am

Programs: SPG LTP, hotels, OWE, STE+, *G, Octopus
Originally Posted by Tennen
Yup, I just saw it in this M&M thread. It looks like it's affecting IHG, Bonvoy, and Radisson points purchases/transfers, and perhaps others. I wonder if it's a points.com IT issue or if it's a combination of them, Miles & More, and/or the hotel company... So far, only got an email for one of my transactions, but maybe more are to come?
Points.com wrote an e-mail saying:
Hello,

Earlier today, we mistakenly sent you an email that was intended as a test and included details from a prior transaction you made with Points.

We apologize for any confusion this may have caused and want to assure you that there were no charges made to your account and your information was not shared with anyone else.

If you have any questions or concerns, please reach out to [email protected] or visit our Points FAQ page.

Sincerely,

Old Nov 10, 2022, 6:05 am

Programs: UA1k3.00mm;AAex-EXP;Hy Glob;Acc Plt;HH Dia;Onyx Plt;Mar LT Tit;IHG DiAm;RR P;RRA G;BW D;Hcom G
Originally Posted by notquiteaff

Even if they had a nice property in the perfect location for a competitive price somewhere I wanted to go, I would just book through hotels.com and earn their 10% in rewards.
The FAQs on the Radisson Worldwide site says we can still get stay credit if we give our # at check-in (but I assume not points).
Old Nov 16, 2022, 9:19 am

Originally Posted by trvllvr123
Thinking on this (and hoping this is the case too) I made a points booking for July 2022 (75,000 London hotel in the saver promotion), had all the confirmation etc. but for some reason the online confirmation added a cash element of several hundred pounds to it. When my parents arrived there was no request for or payment of this cash element. Just make sure you have your original confirmation.
Are you saying the issue we're noticing now about the online booking details showing a cash portion, pre-existed the devaluation?

I haven't used Radisson Rewards for a few years now, but I did make a points booking a couple of weeks before the devaluation and now it is showing a 300 euro cash element. I'd like to know before I check into the hotel if this is going to be an issue ... if others can post their experiences I'd appreciate it. My booking is for July -2023 .. I plan to post the update but its far out so expecting there will be consensus on way or other by then.
Old Nov 18, 2022, 2:29 pm

Originally Posted by Rundun
Are you saying the issue we're noticing now about the online booking details showing a cash portion, pre-existed the devaluation?

I haven't used Radisson Rewards for a few years now, but I did make a points booking a couple of weeks before the devaluation and now it is showing a 300 euro cash element. I'd like to know before I check into the hotel if this is going to be an issue ... if others can post their experiences I'd appreciate it. My booking is for July -2023 .. I plan to post the update but its far out so expecting there will be consensus on way or other by then.
Yes this was before the devaluation. The points bookings I made pre devaluation for 2023 are still show £0 due. Hopefully it’s just a glitch which has been around for a while. Just keep hold of your email confirmation.
Old Nov 18, 2022, 4:26 pm

Originally Posted by trvllvr123
Yes this was before the devaluation. The points bookings I made pre devaluation for 2023 are still show £0 due. Hopefully it’s just a glitch which has been around for a while. Just keep hold of your email confirmation.
Thank you for taking the time to reply! That is comforting to hear. My email confirmation shows "Sub Total: 0,00 EUR Additional taxes and surcharges may apply" but the online reservation is showing "Average rate* 30000 points + EUR 48.17 per night" with "Estimated Taxes of EUR 23" & "Total Price of 180000 points & EUR 311".

If I had to guess, I'd say this is about the amount Radisson will cover for the points reservation, but with the recent lows of the program I wouldn't put it past them to push back and insist its for the customer to pay. I was thinking that with the "Additional taxes and surcharges may apply" comment in the original booking they can pretty much mess about with any cash charge and say its within their Ts&Cs.

Last edited by Rundun; Nov 18, 2022 at 4:57 pm
Old Dec 16, 2022, 2:50 pm

Originally Posted by TTT103
It will be interesting to see if the refresh includes a relationship with Choice Hotels/Radisson Americas.
I have transfered all my 1 million Radisson points to Radisson America. Finger crossed how many points I will have after Radisson America becomes Choice in 2023.
TTT103 likes this.
Old Dec 29, 2022, 5:41 pm

What would a $200 hotel night in Istanbul cost in points? When I booked before the devaluation, the cash rate was about $150 or 20,000 in points. I booked 2 rooms, 3 nights @20,000, a good deal. Then, after the devaluation, on the website the points cost briefly showed up as some crazy amount around 60 or 80,000 points, and now displays no defined points rate at all.
Old Dec 30, 2022, 11:19 am

Programs: SAS EBS / *A Silver, Hilton Diamond, Radisson VIP, IHG Platinum Ambassador
Originally Posted by Tizzette
Then, after the devaluation, on the website the points cost briefly showed up as some crazy amount around 60 or 80,000 points, and now displays no defined points rate at all.
There is no longer a specific points rate. You can use points to book any rate - use the "use points" option in the next step of the booking flow. There seems to be some fixed rate of points/dollars at which points are redeemed.
Old Dec 30, 2022, 11:27 am

Originally Posted by the810
There is no longer a specific points rate. You can use points to book any rate - use the "use points" option in the next step of the booking flow. There seems to be some fixed rate of points/dollars at which points are redeemed.
It seems you must have enough points to cover it in your account already when you do it that way. Wanting to find out before moving points in, perhaps cancelling one points reservation to choose a different hotel.
Old Dec 30, 2022, 12:20 pm

Programs: AA LT PLT 3MM, Hilton/Marriott/SPG/Club Carlson GLD, IHG PLT
It seems you must have enough points to cover it in your account already when you do it that way. Wanting to find out before moving points in, perhaps cancelling one points reservation to choose a different hotel.
I've done several Radisson Global bookings and paid with points.
I posted on my experience here. Recent experience with Rad Global properties - FlyerTalk Forums
Basically just go and do your booking, select the package in question, as in superior room, breakfast, etc. and go through the payment details, at some point, a box comes up offering you to pay with points, and you have the options to pay in full with points, or combination of point/money, at least that's how it was when I originally did my bookings back in early November. Not sure if things have changed.
Old Jan 3, 2023, 3:26 pm

Originally Posted by arollins
I've done several Radisson Global bookings and paid with points.
I posted on my experience here. Recent experience with Rad Global properties - FlyerTalk Forums
Basically just go and do your booking, select the package in question, as in superior room, breakfast, etc. and go through the payment details, at some point, a box comes up offering you to pay with points, and you have the options to pay in full with points, or combination of point/money, at least that's how it was when I originally did my bookings back in early November. Not sure if things have changed.
That is the process I see but it does not help me. I transferred my points into Americas and only have 500 left in Global and it shows me what 500 points is worth as a price reduction. It seems you have to have enough points to cover one night to find out how many points one night costs. How do I get around this? Radisson has always had the least user friendly points program!
Old Jan 3, 2023, 3:40 pm

Programs: AA LT PLT 3MM, Hilton/Marriott/SPG/Club Carlson GLD, IHG PLT
[QUOTE=Tizzette;34889529]That is the process I see but it does not help me. I transferred my points into Americas and only have 500 left in Global and it shows me what 500 points is worth as a price reduction. It seems you have to have enough points to cover one night to find out how many points one night costs. How do I get around this? Radisson has always had the least user friendly points program![/QUOTE

Correct, I think it has been mentioned before that you need to have sufficient points before the option appears. I agree that is an inconvenience since it may give the option to buy points when they are cheaper. This is a new program, same name, but new program. If you want, I can try and see what will be point cost. Let me know hotel name and dates and I'll check for a standard room.
Old Jan 3, 2023, 4:37 pm

[QUOTE=arollins;34889581]
That is the process I see but it does not help me. I transferred my points into Americas and only have 500 left in Global and it shows me what 500 points is worth as a price reduction. It seems you have to have enough points to cover one night to find out how many points one night costs. How do I get around this? Radisson has always had the least user friendly points program![/QUOTE

Correct, I think it has been mentioned before that you need to have sufficient points before the option appears. I agree that is an inconvenience since it may give the option to buy points when they are cheaper. This is a new program, same name, but new program. If you want, I can try and see what will be point cost. Let me know hotel name and dates and I'll check for a standard room.
Thank you! Radisson Blu Sultanahmet May 9.
arollins likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.