Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Radisson International | Radisson Rewards
Reload this Page >

Radisson Rewards Program Major Devaluation 2023 Discussion [non Americas]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Radisson Rewards Program Major Devaluation 2023 Discussion [non Americas]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 23, 2022, 2:20 pm

I want to book two nights in Europe next year to drain both accounts. Has anyone tried transferring from Americas to Radisson? The Transfer Points button doesn’t go anywhere.
Old Oct 23, 2022, 6:06 pm

I booked a stay next March in Spain. It was slightly more expensive than prior to the deval (when it wasn't an especially good value) but I got breakfast so I'll call it a wash. 2/3 of my points are spent. Booking kept failing on the website, but the app worked.
Old Oct 25, 2022, 9:37 am

Originally Posted by Channel28
I want to book two nights in Europe next year to drain both accounts. Has anyone tried transferring from Americas to Radisson? The Transfer Points button doesn’t go anywhere.
I had trouble transferring from Radisson to Americas. The problem was my pop-up blocker and the fact that both accounts didn't have the same email address. Once I corrected those issues it went through OK.
Old Oct 26, 2022, 10:13 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
United has been sending out emails saying there is a transfer bonus to move points from Radisson Americas to United.

Any remaining moves from Radisson EMEA to Americas that I may do will be with the intention of getting Choice points since I am expecting the transfer ratios from Radisson Americas to UA will be less to my benefit than the Choice points.
Old Oct 26, 2022, 10:38 am

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy LTTE, HH Dia, HY Expl
Originally Posted by GUWonder
United has been sending out emails saying there is a transfer bonus to move points from Radisson Americas to United.

Any remaining moves from Radisson EMEA to Americas that I may do will be with the intention of getting Choice points since I am expecting the transfer ratios from Radisson Americas to UA will be less to my benefit than the Choice points.
The United offer has been around for a while and I posted about it about a month ago :

Originally Posted by christianj
Transferring Radisson points to an airline is typically not the best use of points but everyone's situation can vary. If you are looking to move your Radisson US points out of the program before the merger and you need United points....this 30% bonus might work for you. Just figured I would share.

https://promo.united.com/offers/p2m?...mpaign=P2M2022
There's now also talk of a promo deal to transfer to Air Canada on a blog:

https://frequentmiler.com/aeroplan-g...m=BoardingArea
GUWonder likes this.
Old Oct 26, 2022, 12:37 pm
Suspended

The United offer has been around for a while and I posted about it about a month ago :

There's now also talk of a promo deal to transfer to Air Canada on a blog:

https://frequentmiler.com/aeroplan-g...m=BoardingArea
I saw the emails from UA about this had been sent today. Maybe UA is aware that Radisson Americas will be exiting the transfer game with them?

Choice does transfer to UA, and there was a Choice to UA transfer bonus earlier this year.
Old Oct 26, 2022, 8:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
… and appears to be over.
Old Oct 27, 2022, 7:55 am

Programs: Der 5* FTL
looks like the changes work out for me at least for now.

I was Gold, I have now fallen into VIP. I will reach VIP qual requirements with my next stay, but I don't think that will count to requal yet?

Funny enough about my next stay, I was just considering whether to go for a Hilton with a free breakfast or a Radisson Blu without, turns out now I do get it. Good news?

Anyway benefits seem to be a bit better than Gold, which works well for me. Understandably frustrating for Plats who effectively fell to Gold now.
Earn/burn also works for me. I am not going with the discount, I am usually staying on corporate negotiated rates anyway, earning 36 points per dollar spent is a jump up from 25 I used to get, and now I can spend 360 points per dollar on any Radisson rate available.
Sounds pretty fair to me, and looking at the hotels I checked out last, instead of 35K and 50K pn they are now 26K and 33K respectively. But I don't remember what the cash rate was at the time so maybe with the rate as it was back then it would have been more to redeem.
Old Oct 27, 2022, 8:47 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by notquiteaff
… and appears to be over.
On October 26th at around this time, UA sent the emails out about transferring bonus from Radisson Americas. It notes the 50% bonus expires on October 31st.
Old Oct 27, 2022, 11:20 am

Originally Posted by Fabo.sk
I was Gold, I have now fallen into VIP.
Huh, I was Gold and only got Premium in the new program. Free breakfast as VIP would indeed be a big plus of the new program. As Premium, I’m not seeing much to like.
Squerez likes this.
Old Oct 27, 2022, 4:48 pm

Programs: Der 5* FTL
Originally Posted by _kurt
Huh, I was Gold and only got Premium in the new program. Free breakfast as VIP would indeed be a big plus of the new program. As Premium, I’m not seeing much to like.
Were you on track to renew? as I gather they looked at activity to-date.

I get that falling from Gold to Premium is a bit of a disappointment, but it's not a bad status for not much activity (only 5 night/3 stays). Granted there will be a glut of Premium members out there to compete with, but there is still decent earn rate (27 points per $ nominal), option to use the discount booster (though how much of an advantage will that actually be, only time will tell) and early checkin and late checkout.

For now, I am wondering what the "VIP zones" for status guests will mean and if breakfasts at "participating restaurants" means something to the effect of "not for prizeotel" or "not where expensive" or whatever the case.
Old Oct 27, 2022, 6:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by GUWonder
On October 26th at around this time, UA sent the emails out about transferring bonus from Radisson Americas. It notes the 50% bonus expires on October 31st.
I was following the link in christianj’s post. Turns out that was a different offer. Here is one for the 50% offer

https://www.radissonhotelsamericas.c...ed-bonus-miles

I don’t think I got any email about it from UA. Somehow, though, I am reluctant to convert my 300k+ points into only 45k UA miles.
Old Oct 27, 2022, 6:56 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by notquiteaff
I was following the link in christianj’s post. Turns out that was a different offer. Here is one for the 50% offer

https://www.radissonhotelsamericas.c...ed-bonus-miles

I don’t think I got any email about it from UA. Somehow, though, I am reluctant to convert my 300k+ points into only 45k UA miles.
I too would be reluctant to transfer them to UA.

Even if Radisson Americas to Choice ends up being 3:1, I'd still rather have the Radisson points converted to Choice points than to have the Radisson points converted to UA miles. I get far more value out of 100k Choice points than out of 45k UA miles.
notquiteaff likes this.
Old Oct 31, 2022, 12:36 pm

Crazy I still cannot make a points booking on the website today but at least the app works. I'll be glad when I am done with Radisson IT.
Old Nov 1, 2022, 10:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by 36902BRF
I'll be glad when I am done with Radisson IT.
Fixed it

But yes, I don’t understand how they can actually be in business with their crap IT. I haven’t been able to see account activity in many months. My award booking earlier this year only worked by booking for consecutive nights individually. Login works … sometimes.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.