Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Radisson International | Radisson Rewards
Reload this Page >

Radisson to split into 2 programs: North America & rest of world, in June 2021

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 17, 2021, 10:19 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: _kurt
Program Split
2 separate programs exist now, Radisson Rewards Americas and Radisson Rewards. Americas members who want to redeem points for stays outside the Americas must first create an account in the other program and transfer points at this page. If you just want to check the points price in advance, find the property at RadissonHotels.com instead of RadissonHotelsAmericas.com

Transferring Points Between Programs
Points can be transferred free of charge between Radisson Rewards America and Radisson Rewards accounts held by the same person. The first name, last name, and email address must match between the accounts in order for the transfer to be permitted. Otherwise you will get an error "We were not able to confirm your account information."

Transferring points is instantaneous. In order to initiate a transfer, first log in to the account from which you will be transferring. Then visit the appropriate page:
Radisson Rewards Americas to Radisson Rewards:
https://www.radissonhotelsamericas.c...oints-transfer
Radisson Rewards to Radisson Rewards Americas:
https://www.radissonhotels.com/en-us...pointstransfer

The FAQ indicates that transfers are limited to 1,000,000 points per transfer, 5,000,000 points per year, and 25 transfers per year.

Status Match
The Radisson Hotels website indicates "simply join the Radisson Rewards Americas program and call Member Services before your stay to request a status match for Silver, Gold, or Platinum tiers." Reports in the forum vary with some having success and some getting frustration.
Print Wikipost

Radisson to split into 2 programs: North America & rest of world, in June 2021

Search this Thread

Old Oct 14, 2021, 8:37 am

All of my points are in the International because my last stay was in Europe. I was able to get my status to my new US account. But no amount of effort has allowed me to transfer the o\points from the International to the US. At first they said it was because ONLY a google chrome browser works with their site. Then they said it was because I needed to just use the International account until the points were gone. But they quickly realized that booking a hotel from the International site led to all kinds of interesting side glitches since my account has a US snail mail. They also didn’t figure out that if a US based member needed to call the International Rewards customer service line they would need to actually list a US number or all calls would be from overseas for the member.

I’ve logged days by this time just trying to get my million+ points to my new US account (with matching email/snail mail) and no luck.

So if anyone found the magic ticket - I’d love an answer. How to transfer from International to US without buying a new laptop and installing chrome. (And quite frankly at this point I don’t believe that will work.)
Old Oct 14, 2021, 8:56 am

Programs: w/+1: AS MVPG; IHG/Marriott Plat; Hilton/BW Diamond; Hertz Prez; SG Silver
Radisson points have always been easy come easy hard to go. I was able to transfer points from my US account to international. I don't recall having much difficulty and am glad to finally burn 180,000 points in Rome. Now to use the US only certs expiring the end of this year.
Old Oct 30, 2021, 9:25 am

Programs: Marriott BonvAnnoyed
Finally I was able to get my Reward points back

I was trying to cancel my upcoming 5 nights reservation in Dec 2021 in the Maldives. I tried back in Aug,2021 with no luck but this time, I was getting anxious due to the looming cancellation deadline so I started hitting all possible channels. Long story short, I emailed [email protected], explaining what I am trying to do and providing the reservation details. surprisingly, I heard back within 24 hrs, asking me to provide the screenshot of the booking (points used, dates, etc) which I did promptly and points were back in my Radisson world account within an hour.
A little background, I booked this reservation back in April pre-split. When the program split, I was assigned a Radisson America account and there was no record of Radisson world account and this booking. I contacted the property directly but they were unable to cancel the award reservation.
I guess they are getting better at responding now.
Old Nov 1, 2021, 3:27 pm

Having no luck transferring points from Radisson (Global) to Radisson Americas using the "Global Points Transfer" site. All of my profile info is identical across both accounts so my understanding is that this should work smoothly.

Has anyone experiencing this issue found a successful workaround? Maybe I need to slightly modify my profile info on both accounts to force their systems to update? Or change my email address on both accounts to a new email address that has not yet been associated with a Radisson account of any kind?

Maybe there's some kind of unannounced transfer hold on newly created accounts? Any ideas?
Old Nov 16, 2021, 10:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

How do you create the International Account?

The drop down menu of course has no American countries as options. Do you just pick a random country to use?
Old Nov 19, 2021, 4:43 pm

Originally Posted by Happy
How do you create the International Account?

The drop down menu of course has no American countries as options. Do you just pick a random country to use?
This threw me as well - and the reason why I came to this thread. The drop down menu uses "USA" - Not anything normal like "United States of America". Once I saw that it was a snap to register on the Int'l website.
Old Dec 28, 2021, 7:30 am

FYI - Messaging Radisson on Twitter resulted in a much faster resolution and refunding of my points than the months of back-and-forth emails with "customer support."
Old Dec 28, 2021, 12:38 pm

Originally Posted by duranza
Anyone having an issue with getting their renewal credit card bonus posting accurately? USBank tells me the points are in the account , but the account they are referring to is the European which Radisson tells me it cannot have Americas points directly deposited.
This is for my husband, he got the premier card back in Dec. 2020 , his account number became the European one and the Americas one for hotels does not show anything deposited.
Conversation on Twitter and on the phone with Radisson tells me they will be sending the new number to USBank and it will take 2-8 weeks.
USBank tells me that the points have been deposited, end of story.
My account has this issue right now. Has your husband's been resolved? How is it?

I manage 4 accounts, mine, my spouse & my parents. Of all 4 accounts, only mine is being kept as European account. The other 3 are transferred to Radisson Hotel America automatically, without our input. Their renewal points are posted without problems while mine is nowhere to be seen.
Old Jan 9, 2022, 11:42 am

Does anybody know about non-American Radisson Rewards status extention? As I understand they made status extention, but no nights rollover. Same for everybody? Haven't seen any officail statements from them about it...
Old Jan 10, 2022, 10:48 am

Programs: AA EP; WN CP;UA SILVER; MARRIOTT TITANIUM; HH DIAMOND; IHG PLAT; RADISSON PLAT; HYATT GLOBAL
Originally Posted by mike-88
Does anybody know about non-American Radisson Rewards status extention? As I understand they made status extention, but no nights rollover. Same for everybody? Haven't seen any officail statements from them about it...
My Americas Nights/Stays did roll over, my Global did not, but my status was extended on both
Old Jan 12, 2022, 6:05 pm

I made two points bookings with non-US after the split. I just cancelled them because I wanted to use the points for a different booking. Naturally the points have not gone back to my account.

What a colossal you-know-what-show this company has become.
Old Jan 13, 2022, 1:32 am

Originally Posted by lkar
I made two points bookings with non-US after the split. I just cancelled them because I wanted to use the points for a different booking. Naturally the points have not gone back to my account.

What a colossal you-know-what-show this company has become.
Exactly the same problem. And also no cancellation e-mail. Will wait a bit and then call.
Old Jan 13, 2022, 9:14 am

I called the U.S. number and pressed the appropriate buttons to get through to radisson rewards international.

I got a recorded messages that they are closed, and only open from 12:00 a.m. to 12:00 noon U.S. Central time and to call back then.

Only problem? It was 10:00 a.m. U.S. central time.

What an absolute joke this program has become.
Old Jan 13, 2022, 10:12 am

Programs: SPG LTP, hotels, OWE, STE+, *G, Octopus
Originally Posted by toltecs
FYI - Messaging Radisson on Twitter resulted in a much faster resolution and refunding of my points than the months of back-and-forth emails with "customer support."
Which account did you DM and are you a US or global account holder?

I’ve sent a DM to Radisson Hotels more than 24h ago and I’ve not received a reply. 7 months now without access to my account
Old Jan 13, 2022, 12:58 pm

There have been quite a number of promotions for the North America program, but I haven't seen any for the international program. Am I missing emails or other announcements?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.