Community
Wiki Posts
Search

E-certs not working to reserve a room

Search this Thread

Old Feb 7, 2021, 6:00 am

Programs: DL, Amex MR
The fact that their IT is so bad that we need to use this workaround is crazy already. But if the website lets you do the booking without being logged in, you can see how these certificates aren’t even tied to the account owner.

im guessing that their IT is so bad that they can’t figure out how to make them not transferable
Old Mar 6, 2021, 4:17 pm

Originally Posted by easygoing77
I was able to get it working by following below steps without signing in -
Thank you! You saved the day, I thought I was going mad because the certs seemingly wouldn't work anywhere.
Old Apr 5, 2021, 8:46 am
Original Poster

The e-certs are not working again with the new americas website. Called today and they wrote my issues down to send to IT. I tried the app and chrome and neither work. Get an error at the end on the app and the website will not let me add the e-cert number.

It is so strange that they will not book these for us.
Old Apr 7, 2021, 11:25 am

Yeah, this is absolutely ridiculous. I have an expiring certificate and even the incredibly inconvenient workaround isn't being accepted for me -- nothing pops up for e-certs if I'm not logged in, on multiple browsers, and if I am logged in, it errors out.

Edit: if you follow the old method but then inspect element and modify the code to remove the two different hidden values for e-cert entry it works... A completely normal way to use loyalty rewards.

Last edited by qLir; Apr 7, 2021 at 11:39 am
Old Apr 8, 2021, 7:11 am

Programs: Delta DM, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by qLir
Yeah, this is absolutely ridiculous. I have an expiring certificate and even the incredibly inconvenient workaround isn't being accepted for me -- nothing pops up for e-certs if I'm not logged in, on multiple browsers, and if I am logged in, it errors out.

Edit: if you follow the old method but then inspect element and modify the code to remove the two different hidden values for e-cert entry it works... A completely normal way to use loyalty rewards.
I'm also not able to book nights using my e-certs. Could you paste the lines of code you're modifying here and exactly how you're modifying them to get this to work?
Old Apr 8, 2021, 10:31 am

Sure, here's what worked for me.

Preliminary: on your normal browser, log in and search with the e-cert to check availability and find the exact eligible room type you want to book. Note the room type/booking description because you will need to be trying to book one of these eligible room types (make sure you're NOT booking a discount rate or something else ineligible).

Step 1: Using Chrome Incognito (other options might work, but this is what I used) go to Radisson Americas and search your property and date, then make sure you're booking the full price rate for the room type you found in the preliminary step.

Step 2: On the booking page, scroll down to "I have an e-Cert", right click it, and click inspect. This will bring up the inspect element window. If you click the "I have an e-Cert" arrow a few times you should see, a couples lines down, a line change back and forth that reads <div id="ecert-field" style="display: none;" class="collapse">. Double click and delete the style and class fields until it just reads <div id="ecert-field">. You should now be able to input your e-cert.

If that worked, go ahead and put in all your info and book it. I didn't try logging in and would not suggest it.
36902BRF likes this.
Old Apr 9, 2021, 1:34 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Sixt Platinum, IHG Spire Ambassador, Marriott/SPG Gold .....
Originally Posted by qLir
Sure, here's what worked for me.

Preliminary: on your normal browser, log in and search with the e-cert to check availability and find the exact eligible room type you want to book. Note the room type/booking description because you will need to be trying to book one of these eligible room types (make sure you're NOT booking a discount rate or something else ineligible).

Step 1: Using Chrome Incognito (other options might work, but this is what I used) go to Radisson Americas and search your property and date, then make sure you're booking the full price rate for the room type you found in the preliminary step.

Step 2: On the booking page, scroll down to "I have an e-Cert", right click it, and click inspect. This will bring up the inspect element window. If you click the "I have an e-Cert" arrow a few times you should see, a couples lines down, a line change back and forth that reads <div id="ecert-field" style="display: none;" class="collapse">. Double click and delete the style and class fields until it just reads <div id="ecert-field">. You should now be able to input your e-cert.

If that worked, go ahead and put in all your info and book it. I didn't try logging in and would not suggest it.
That worked (when not logged in (as the full rate isn't shown when you are logged in - at last that is my guess why it doesn't work). Thanks for breaking it down so that a non IT person can understand and replicate the process
Old Apr 12, 2021, 1:29 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Starwood Gold
This is an amazing display of ineptitude and value destruction.
36902BRF likes this.
Old Apr 12, 2021, 7:31 pm

Radisson’s customer service department is a real treat to deal with. It does not matter what continent you call, all of the calls are routed to the same place.

It took me no less than two dozen phone calls to finally have Radisson admit that their franchisees are not required to follow Radisson rewards guidelines. They leave that up to each individual hotel.
Old Apr 16, 2021, 10:35 pm

I was able to book few days back without logging in and applying certificate, login and worked. However I noticed they are charging taxes now on e-cert stay ? did anyone notice that or is it a standard practice.
Old Apr 17, 2021, 5:16 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Sixt Platinum, IHG Spire Ambassador, Marriott/SPG Gold .....
Originally Posted by Abflying
I was able to book few days back without logging in and applying certificate, login and worked. However I noticed they are charging taxes now on e-cert stay ? did anyone notice that or is it a standard practice.
just the standard bug as line show up without tax (most of the time)
Old Apr 17, 2021, 9:07 am
Original Poster

I still cannot book with e-certs. I am not good at changing the code and Radisson will not help. We need to all call and make sure they know. I keep calling and asking them on Twitter. What a waste of time. Just want to use 3 e-certs up that expire in June.
Old Apr 17, 2021, 10:01 am
Original Poster

Oh my gosh it works to just select the e-cert now. No need to be logged out and add the e-cert. I have been using all the work arounds for so long that I didn't try the easy way recently. So glad it is finally working.
StartinSanDiego likes this.
Old Apr 17, 2021, 9:39 pm

Originally Posted by blitzen
just the standard bug as line show up without tax (most of the time)
Thanks, hoping they won't charge it at check in or checkout.. Such a mess using these certs.
Old Apr 18, 2021, 10:14 am

Originally Posted by stvr
This is an amazing display of ineptitude and value destruction.
Yep they are basically working hard to make a third-rate hotel program fourth-rate. I have held the Radisson Visa since the old last night free days somewhat against by better judgement but I got enough use out of 40k points for AF that I kept it around. Even put some spend on it last year to earn to e-certs but I think I am going to call it soon. I'll see what the changes in June bring before making any decision since I have already paid the AF for this year but if they take any further value out of the program or the IT gets worse I am done.
StartinSanDiego likes this.

Last edited by 36902BRF; Apr 18, 2021 at 11:40 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.