Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Radisson Rewards launched

Search this Thread

Old Mar 5, 2018, 11:26 pm

I was assuming above that the 40000 anniversary points would no longer be granted on either card.

it looks like I might be mistaken I. That.

if so, I will continue to stay with club Carlson, but just a couple of nights per year. A couple of hundred plus nights go to competitors, and I believe that the chain must improve their loyalty program, as well as improve the hotels.
Sisyphus1carus likes this.
Old Mar 6, 2018, 8:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by Jared Ito
I a. Wondering when I will lose gold status. I have the status through both a personal and a business credit card. Now that all I get is a free North American night (if I spend 10000j I will not be renewing the cards once the annual fee comes due in the summer. Do I have gold status at least through year end?

these changes are minor, but it would have required some improvement more than water to keep me.
Given the previous cutbacks and the low quality of the hotels
I didn’t see anything about the $75 AF credit card no longer giving Gold status?!

Old Mar 7, 2018, 6:20 am

Programs: BA Gold, AA Platinum, SQ Gold, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by notquiteaff

I didn’t see anything about the $75 AF credit card no longer giving Gold status?!

OP mentioned here won't be renewing the card when the AF is due in summer .He/she wants to know if he/she will be gold for the rest of 2018 if he/she doesn't renew the cards in summer

I haven't had status with Carlson for sometime, so I don't recall if status is by calendar year (I think it is) .That way you should be good for the rest of the year, but I will let the experts chime in.
notquiteaff likes this.
Old Mar 7, 2018, 8:25 am

Programs: TK E+, WY, Radisson R
I tried to book a stay via app, $5 more than on the web, I thought it's no big deal, but as soon as I click pay, it crashed. There's no way I'd use it to book and pay at this point, I'll have to monitor the charge for the next 24 hours.
Old Mar 7, 2018, 8:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by vishalgupta22
OP mentioned here won't be renewing the card when the AF is due in summer .He/she wants to know if he/she will be gold for the rest of 2018 if he/she doesn't renew the cards in summer
Ok, thanks. I read the “now that all I get is a free NA night for 10k points” as a comment regarding change in the card benefits affecting the Gold status. You are right, that might be misinterpreting his message.

Is the OP instead saying that renewal benefits no longer include the 40k points? I haven’t seen that documented either. It is the only think that keeps me from cancelling the card. My 40k points seem to post on March 18 (based on last two years data).

Last edited by notquiteaff; Mar 7, 2018 at 8:35 am
Old Mar 7, 2018, 11:58 am

Programs: AA EP; WN CP;UA SILVER; MARRIOTT TITANIUM; HH DIAMOND; IHG PLAT; RADISSON PLAT; HYATT GLOBAL
Just reviewed the new program, and see that it is mostly a name change with a couple of minor changes. Not too much of a program change. I do wish there are more and better points promos. Also more properties. Still a disappointing program, with poor customer service.
Sisyphus1carus likes this.

Last edited by ORD-TGU; Mar 7, 2018 at 12:10 pm
Old Mar 7, 2018, 8:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Radisson Rewards - total failure

For me, Radisson Rewards has proven to be a total failure so far.

Trying to log in - redirected to a page, sayingIt is time to update your password. Please complete this form with the information as it appears on your account and follow the instructions to complete the process.*Email Address:Next step: We have sent an email message with instructions to create a new password.
Guess what - that email never got sent (see below)

Next step: Contacting CS by email. Automated response: "Your email is very important to us and we appreciate your reaching out. Our agents are reviewing each email and will respond with 24 hours to this email inquiry. "
Guess what: after 72 hours, no response

Next step: Call CS (calling Ozzy number, phone answered in India)

"We have changed to Radisson Rewards, experiencing issues with the email, please try in 48 hrs." (translate - I'm trying to get rid of you because I have no clue"
"But I've already tried for 3 days now"
"This issue has already been escalated to higher level" (translate - I really have no clue, stop bothering me")

Silly me, just made an Amex points transfer, I wonder if I'll ever see those points...
Old Mar 8, 2018, 2:48 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
I do think my tier level of "Club" sounds better than "Red"
Old Mar 9, 2018, 7:38 am

Programs: AA EP; WN CP;UA SILVER; MARRIOTT TITANIUM; HH DIAMOND; IHG PLAT; RADISSON PLAT; HYATT GLOBAL
Originally Posted by CMK10
I do think my tier level of "Club" sounds better than "Red"
Communist!
Old Mar 9, 2018, 9:52 am

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy LTTE, HH Dia, HY Expl
As a current Gold member, I would have liked to have seen some improvement in the upgrade benefits and the breakfast benefits but overall I still won't write off the program like so many above. IMHO they could have really did some nice things like given Golds a breakfast $ amount credit and kept Platinum at the free breakfast. On the upgrade side a certain number of suite upgrades for Platinums and a better option than the current one for Golds would have been great.

Sorry but people just need to get over the removal of the 2for1 benefit from the credit card. We all knew it was too good to last and it was probably a financial liability so the removal was expected and we should stop complaining about it years later. The credit card with a $75 annual fee that gives you 40k points is still not a bad deal and now you can earn up to 3 free nights with only a $30k spend. There is no card out there that does this! Yes....I hate that it's US properties only but it is a US based credit card so even though I don't like it...I can understand it. I don't put spend on the card anymore but it's still worth holding on to.

Everyone's travel patterns are different but for me Radisson Rewards is a program that works as my third alternative behind the two programs I focus on most. I travel to Europe frequently and there are typically more Radisson properties to pick from than from SPG and HH.

Last edited by christianj; Mar 9, 2018 at 10:03 am
Old Mar 9, 2018, 10:20 pm

Programs: TK E+, WY, Radisson R
Originally Posted by Jared Ito
I was assuming above that the 40000 anniversary points would no longer be granted on either card.

it looks like I might be mistaken I. That.

if so, I will continue to stay with club Carlson, but just a couple of nights per year. A couple of hundred plus nights go to competitors, and I believe that the chain must improve their loyalty program, as well as improve the hotels.
Now you can see the official links from US Bank with 40K bonus.

https://www.usbank.com/credit-cards/...edit-card.html

https://www.usbank.com/small-busines...ness-visa.html

Last edited by vincewy; Mar 9, 2018 at 10:26 pm
Old Mar 11, 2018, 11:23 am

Programs: AA Gold, 1MM; Hyatt Explorist; MR Gold; HH Diamond
I think the name “Rat Hole Rewards” would have been more appropriate.
Old Mar 11, 2018, 9:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by rendezvous
I think the name “Rat Hole Rewards” would have been more appropriate.
It's a worldwide program. The hotels tend tend to be less often as you described in Europe, more often as you described in the USA. But in the USA, there are at least some Country Inn & Suites that are nice enough (for that brand), even if Radisson brand hotels that are nice are hard to find.

So should they have been named "Inconsistent Hotel Standards Rewards"?
the810 likes this.
Old Apr 12, 2018, 8:49 pm

Gold upgrade policy

The upgrade language for Radisson Rewards reads:

Room upgrade is determined by the participating hotel depending on availability at time of check-in. Room upgrades vary by property and by room category, and may include a room in a preferred location, a room with a preferred view, or a recently renovated room. Platinum members may be eligible for an upgrade to the next room category or to a standard suite, if available.
This is similar, if not the same, as the old Club Carlson language. But as Gold I've experienced a 100% rate of being upgraded to a Business Class room at Radisson Blu properties. For some reason I had convinced myself that it was explicitly written somewhere that at Blu properties a Business Class upgrade was guaranteed (subject to availability). Did I completely imagine that? Has anything changed?
Old Apr 13, 2018, 2:29 am
Original Poster

Programs: SAS EBS / *A Silver, Hilton Diamond, Radisson VIP, IHG Platinum Ambassador
I don't remember any such rule being written anywhere. But I've been only paying attention to CC since mid-2017.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.